Give us some Gratitude you pigs! (Board-Fans-Players-Manager relations)

1st Part

Those lousy fans and board can't refrain themselves from ****ing the hell out of me.

I'm aware it's just a computer game, but it would be much more interesting if relations between Board-Manager-Players-Fans were more notorious, realistic and important.

For instance, my team is Braga, media prediction is 4th place in the Portuguese League, and these were the results in my last games for the Liga Sagres:

SportingClubedeBraga-SAD-3.png

Looks good. I gave them 10 freaking streak wins!! And yet the only response i get from fans is about the 2-2 draw away against Naval before the 10 wins in a row, and the defeat away against Sporting putting an end to my winning run.

Both times i received "The fans are disapointed at the result bla bla bla".

Please... what about the 4-1 win against your all time rivals you ****s! And the 2-0 win against Porto, our rivals aswell, closing us to third place!

Did even Braga in their whole freaking History ever achieved a 10 winning streak for the league?

I give them 10 wins and all they care about is the 0-2 away defeat against Sporting? What were you expecting? A win? They are in 1st place with 42 goals scored and 4 conceded!!!

LigaSagres.png

Playing against this kind of players. They just sold this guy to Chelsea for 21M:

31JooMoutinho.png

Don't they realize that the only reason their club is doing so well is because of ME!!! How can i love a club and have a feel into it when everyone seems to hate me for no special reason?

Oh right, they think I'm doing a good job controlling wage expenditure... ffs.

SportingClubedeBraga-SAD-4.png

The point of this is just to show how these kind of relations, when unrealistic, can really take the whole feeling out of the game.

What i ask for is a closer look at the relations between the various entities in the game for future versions of the game. Basically, I hope in the future it will look more like we ain't the only ones with the ability of Reasoning.

Cheers

2nd Part

"Jesualdo Ferreira is in awe for Matheus"

It's like the third time i get this message. Porto's Manager seems to be in love with my player Matheus. Which i comprehend. Matheus plays on the Left and Right wing and the only options Jesualdo have for those spots are:

Cristian Rodriguez (AML)

And

Tarik Sektioui (AMR)

Matheus attributes aswell as his performances in the league and cups are well over those two guys. That's why some clubs are now trying to get him.

Unfortunately there's no way i can hold on to this football genius. Even if i try to keep him, someone will eventually pay for his 5M clause. And how couldn't they? Who in his right mind wouldn't want a player like this in their team?

Just look at his pace and agility! It really gets him into the byline in no time. At least when he's off the ball and not marked. Why would a AML want to run without the ball into the byline? I don't know. Maybe because he can't do it when he actually has the ball. Just to show how fast he is and impress Mr. Jesualdo!!

---

So, this ****er who can't get a SINGLE cross without being tackled OR letting the ball slip from his feet to the final line, his impressing teams like Monaco, Benfica and Porto? And yet i can't get any kind of recognition as a coach in Braga?

Different situations, same problem. Lack of a sense of reasoning. In my case I get no thumbs up from the fans for my work and in the other hand a player who I use only when my other option is injured, who can't do a lot besides running, gets all this outside approval of his skills...

I think I'm going to fine that worthless piece of crap just to make me feel better and tell Jesualdo how much of a moron he is for considering him a good player. No wonder you're in 3rd place with only one point away from me. And soon you'll be in fourth place. Yeah I'm going to take your position and next year your ****ing job!! Selling Lucho Gonzalez for 15M. What a dumbass. You were in 3rd place playing with your best player! You got rid of him for the rest of the season... what are you expecting to achieve? Butt Pain?!?! Because that's exactly what I'm about to give you! ****wit.

PS. I'm expecting an option added in future versions that allows me to knockout the opponent manager through lots of painful punching and master ninja combo kicks. Please. Ok. Thanks.

(ignore last two paragraphs)

Your on course for a predicted 4th whats the problem?

The point is - he has an amazing run yet before the amazing run he lost a game and the board are unhappy with that.

In real life, if a boss lost a game, then won 10 in a row, the board WOULD NOT say 'we're satisfied, but still unhappy with such and such defeat'

I agree with the OP, I lose one or two a season, storm everything, yet they are unhappy with a draw away at Man United!!! Bascially, it seems like the board HAVE to be unhappy at something - I'm sure this is a known (ish) issue??

They seem to always have to put a negetive issue in there. But what's the problem? The board don't hate you for it, it's just that it's the only negetive point so they've mentioned it, it doesn't really have an effect on their confidence in you.

i get this all the time too and it does take the mick, i went on a 17 no lose streak (didn't lose for 17 games) and then i go and lose 1-0 to the 6th placed team even though i was about 10 poitns clear of 2nd and thye have a go at me for it and i know the fans may be disappointed but they wouldn't be that disappointed after 17 no lose streak, they must know it will end soon

I totally agree with the OP, great post! I think the confidence thing in the game needs to be worked on, its a relativly new feature and it is still early days so hopefully for FM10 it will be better.

*Fingers crossed*

The point is - he has an amazing run yet before the amazing run he lost a game and the board are unhappy with that.

In real life, if a boss lost a game, then won 10 in a row, the board WOULD NOT say 'we're satisfied, but still unhappy with such and such defeat'

Actually in this case is just a bit different.

I lost a game after the 10 winning streak against Sporting. It would be nice if the game was made so that the fans opinion of a match actually takes in consideration the team in question, the away factor and the current opponent team form.

The fans shouldn't be disappointed with a defeat at Sporting's. Specially considering i gave them 10 wins in a row. And considering Sporting is pawning everyone.

Liverpool, Benfica, Porto. Everyone falls to them. My team fans shouldn't expect me to achieve what those clubs didn't...

And in FM 2008 I would get a lot of praise for a 4-1 win against fierce rivals. Was that changed or reduced? Or did I just skip that message by accident?

Matapatos - the two lines that seem to be causing you the most umbrage are:

- (The board are happy) "in no small part down to your extremely tight control of wage expenditure."

- "Despite the positives, the fans are unhappy at the 0-2 defeat against Sporting CP."

Those two lines are very simply and programatically determined.

The first is the single line-item on all Confidence screens in which the board is most happy with you.

The second is the single line-item on all Confidence screens in which the board is the least happy with you.

In this case, the board's happiness about the tight wage bill outweighs their happiness about the 10-game win streak. Since you are doing so well in so many areas, one of the few things they're unhappy with is the 0-2 defeat to Sporting.

The reason it doesn't feel well reasoned is that it is done in a very simple fashion. All it cares about is the board's happiness or unhappiness, and it doesn't seem to factor in anything like "streaks", or how important a specific item is to the board, or context, or anything.

So?

The solution is, Don't worry about it.

As soon as I started ignoring those two lines, and instead began scrolling through the various screens individually (on the first of each month), I felt like I was getting a lot more depth and value out of the Board relationship. That screen is much much improved from previous versions, and its a shame that so many people get so emotionally involved in the two lines you've zoomed in on - it seems like it really distracts many of us from "enjoying" the board confidence module.

^^^ nailed it! Of course it's frustrating and when the computer fans say their unhappy it's just because they are computers. Simple as. In fm08 I won the league 10 times in a row beating almost every record scoring 123 goals in one season whilst only conceding 23 the best reaction I got from the fans was 'pleased' not 'delighted' or something. Just face it - computer fans are a b!tch LOL.

I think the fans and board are so apathetic about your great run of form, is, despite sitting fourth in the championship, you were predicted to be fourth, and thus in their eyes, not really doing anything great.

Now, in real life, in portugal, traditionally Sporting, Porto and Benfica are quite a bit ahead of Braga, who are probably the fourth best team. If Braga were only a couple of points behind third IRL, the board, and fans would be ecstatic. the game needs to take into account performance and not just positions.

At the moment I'm managing Buxton, who are newly promoted in the Blue Sq. North. They had no players when i took over and were expected to get relegated by a mile. I built a decent team, which for a week or two were up in the top 5. At that point, the board were 'very pleased'. After a poor run, we've slipped to 14th, and the confidence has also slipped to just 'pleased'.

Even though we are only 6 places above the drop zone, the gap is around 15 points, so we aren't in danger for the moment. In real life, the board would be ecstatic with my performance.

My last job was at Potimonense in the Liga Vitalis. Finished 6th in the first season after being predicted to come 10th. Finished 11th in the second year, and suddenly the board were only 'satisfied' or 'disappointed' with me. I then checked their recent league finishes, and they haven't finished above 11th since at least 2002. So surely, after such a good season in 08/09, a mediocre 09/10 wouldn't bring such apathy.

PS. I hope you can topple the giant teams in Portugal , as I didn't get manage to get to the Liga Sagres!

This is what happens IRL. Ungrateful fans for the most part.

On a certain Villa forum, they had a deadly serious poll asking if MoN should be our manager next year... Conveniently forgetting that he's pulled off the biggest turn around in a club I've ever known. Saved us from becoming regular relegation fodder (16th) and put us into a position to be semi-serious Top 4 contenders in 3 seasons.

Fans are fickle. Boards are mostly just old men with too much time on their hands who like a good moan.

I share the OP’s frustration at this feature and the excuses made on here highlight the pointlessness of the vast majority of posts.

I’d like to add a line about cup runs. In FM8 people were quite rightly complaining about the blatant, screamingly obvious IDIOCY about having specific targets for each cup, regardless of opposition faced. Particularly stupid for conference teams who have at least four cup competitions to contend with. A five year old could notice how dense it is for the board and fans to get annoyed for months on end because a lower league team had been knocked out away from home against the best team in the competition because it was one round earlier than pre-season demands.

SI’s solution for FM9? To add a line saying “however, we understand loosing to team x”. But does it alter anything about the severity of the disappointment? No, not a thing. The board and fans still get the raving hump for months on end. The specific expectations for each individual cup are still there, just hidden behind a general expectation listed in the relevant screens. The new line is purely cosmetic, to try and answer the legitimate FM8 complaints about this stupid logic.

A demand for one decent cup run out of the four the club will face? Would that be reasonable? Yes, to us, anyway. SI and their fanboys: no.

Anyone with more than two functioning brain cells knows this feature needs work. So many on these boards are so prone to doublethink which would shame Chairman Mao’s advocates in 1960s China that I’m amazed SI ever see the need to improve anything.

Stop making excuses for lamentable logic.

I can add to this;

ehh.jpg

Why are they unhappy at a Friendly result? We're top of the league and unbeaten in the league, in the next round of the Champions League and still in the German Cup.

This game baffles me sometimes, it really does.

Archived