The Short Challenge Series - Challenge One - Football Is About Money

The Short Challenge Series

Welcome to the Short Challenge series! The challenges posted on this thread are always fun, short and competitive. Members will battle against each other to gain points for the league table. Challenges will last no longer than half-a-season, unless in special circumstances, it may last for one season.

So - lets get this ball rolling!

Welcome to the first ever challenge in this series. You will be playing against your fellow members for a coveted prize - points in the Short Challenge League Table.

Anyway, heres what the first challenge is about! It's the 2008/09 pre-season and out of the blue, Roman Abramovic (Chelsea chairman) approaches you. He explains to you that many of his buisnesses are going bust and explains Chelsea might be heading that way. He says that in times like he theese he needs you to sort out his bank balance, whilst helping the football club.

So, how do you get to win this challenge? Well, by the 1st of August 2008 you will have to post up a a screenie of the clubs financial status and bank balance. So, the one with the highest bank balance wins - simple enough isn't it? You can gain money by selling players, creating friendlies with high profile clubs and many other ways. Cheaters will be prosecuted!

Scoring System

Winning the challenge - 100 points

Coming Second - 50 points

Coming Third - 25 points

Welcome to the first ever challenge in this series. You will be playing against your fellow members for a coveted prize - points in the Short Challenge League Table.

Anyway, heres what the first challenge is about! It's the 2008/09 pre-season and out of the blue, Roman Abramovic (Chelsea chairman) approaches you. He explains to you that many of his buisnesses are going bust and explains Chelsea might be heading that way. He says that in times like he theese he needs you to sort out his bank balance, whilst helping the football club.

So, how do you get to win this challenge? Well, by the 1st of August 2008 you will have to post up a a screenie of the clubs financial status and bank balance. So, the one with the highest bank balance wins - simple enough isn't it? You can gain money by selling players, creating friendlies with high profile clubs and many other ways. Cheaters will be prosecuted!

Scoring System

Winning the challenge - 100 points

Coming Second - 50 points

Coming Third - 25 points

I persume we must be Chelsea for this challenge?

I was going to post mine up but it was well beaten by pne. I'll deduct £50M

Call me Rob :thup:

£50 million is fair.

I had to scrap to try and sell all of my players as you can see by some of the low prices.

Man City offered £20 million for Ashley Cole but pulled out at the last second and then, when he was offered for £11.75 million they come in again and buy him :D

Plus, 200k loan fee for Barcelona for Deco :D Every little helps!

Archived