Unhappy at not moving clubs/unsettled by other clubs

Ok as the the tittle say i'm absolutely sick of this, i fully accept that clubs try and unsettle players by bidding/tapping up, but it takes the cake when 90% of my squad are unhappy because of it including about half who i only bought 6 months ago and have played only a hand full of games, it seems as soon as any club bigger or smaller than mine show an interest then bang their morale hits rock bottom, it's not as if i'm doing terribly as well, mid table prem having got promoted last season.

It's completely spoiling my enjoyment as anytime i hit a run of 2-3 games of form i seem to get bids for all my players and the run comes to an abrupt halt because said players are throwing their toys out of the pram!

I fully expect 1-2 or the cretins to get the hump but not most of my squad! I won't even get started on the nimrods who join as a backup or hot prospect and then after a month moan that they;re not playing regular, i hate the little swines!

ok rant over, i'm off to fine some of them S.O.B's!

I especially hate it when the player takes it upon himself to become disgruntled with the whole "wants to move to a bigger club" deal. Shouldn't you at least have an interested team before declaring that? It's almost laughable to see a player like that and no team is even monitoring them...

As for other teams...yeah. One mention of another team being interested (even from a lesser team in the same league) is enough to unsettle my players. Nice.

This happened of course during the players are hitting their top form. But for me, I think we should stand firm on our decision, like Ferguson did during last season Ronaldo's issue.

Set the instruction to reject all offers as soon as any bid comes in, and the players may be unsettled or unhappy, but continue playing him will slowly draw his mind back to the team. Next, offer him a new contract! Good Luck.

I'm dealing with this **** at the moment.

My squad harmony is dropping. Every.****ing.player wants to leave for a bigger club.

My team is FC United. I've brought them up to the Championship. We got promoted 2 seasons ago, last season we were mid-table in our first year. Most of my players generally have the potential to be leading championship, or good premier league players. It's the start of the 2022/2023 season.

Right back. Been here 2 seasons. Wants to move to a bigger club. No-one Interested.

Centre back. 4 Seasons. Wants to move to a bigger club. Wanted by such lumiary teams as Derby (same division as us), Leicester (same division) and a 2nd division portugese team.

Centre midfield. 3 Seasons. Wants to move to a bigger club. Blackburn (Same division). Hearts (mid-table Scottish).

Striker 1. 2 Seasons. Wants to move to a bigger club. 3 2nd division Spanish teams.

I have another 3 players who have similar issues, including a striker who won't sign a contract, but isn't unhappy at all.

I had another 2 other players who I sold.

My player harmony is gone to ****, and now perfectly happy players are starting to get concerns about harmony or not giving the team credit.

What annoys me the most, is these players have 3/4/5 year contracts. The striker for example, is contract goes till 2026, and he signed it last season.

I,m fed up with players being tapped up after having spent one season with me. I brought a class italian midfielder for my Man city team who also scored goals but have had to sell him for 24 million to Arsenal as he wanted to leave afeter numerous attempts to sign him and now it is happening to other players who have only been with me for a season. Time to take the tough stance I think.

how can you build a squad when every single player after a couple of years wants a new challenge?

surely challenging for the prem and others is enough? this has got 2 be a bug? right? i mean it happens WAAAAY too much. its ruining the game

glad it's not just me, it makes it impossible to keep any kind of consistency, especially as we're constantly told that squad gelling is one of the most important factors of winning!!! Like i said in my opening post i can fully understand if 2-3 of my 18 first teamers are slightly miffed about me rejecting bids from "big" team but it is totally unacceptable for 90% of my squad to behave this way, and yes i do believe this is a "game breaking" bug.

I'm really struggling with this. Because of careful management of the budget, I've been able to bring 3-4 superstar youngsters to Bayern. In the first year or two, they were very happy - willing to sign extensions, listed teammates as favorite players, said good things about me in the press, and some even listed me as favored personel. At the and of 2011, moods changed as if someone flipped a switch. All of the star youngsters want to move. I've done some little things to try to help, but am generally at a loss for what to do. Performance has slipped, but these folks are so talented that they're still better than just about any replacement.

try signing more domestic players and getting them young enough that they have to learn their trade for a few years at the club before they get first team, try and get players learning from other players to get bonding up and keep people happy. i've had problems like this and i don't normally excuse the game as i know sometimes it happens without your control but there are ways of controlling this in the game, i've had career games where i've seen world class players all the way through without interest ever really intensifying from other clubs and realistically sold people after two or three years of them "wanting a new challenge" but they've still performed at a high level. it's annoying, don't get me wrong, but it can be managed.

This is where maybe an idea of having meetings woth your players could help, so you can set out your long term goals, tell them they are important and where you plan to take the team in the future, you know, sell the idea to the individual players. If they dont like it then ship them out. Anyone think thats a nice idea?

My season is turning to crap because of low squad harmony. Because 5 of my first team want to leave for a bigger club.

My 1st Choice CB, RB, AMC, AML and ST all want to leave.

I've decided I'm sick of their whining, so I now have to transfer list 5 players I've paid good money and wages for, and in some cases brought up from League 2.

Let's see what Huge Massive Super Awesome Big Clubs are after them:

CB - Kobenhaven. Maritimo. Huddersfield. Crystal Palace.

RB - Huddersfield (wow, mightly Huddersfield, mid-table in the same division we are in).

AMC - Crystal Palace (again, another massive mid-table Championship club, I just can't compete).

AML - Charlton, Cheltenham, Huddersfield, Ipswitch (again, hard to compete with all these massive mid-table clubs in my division), Sporting, Villajoyosa and Gimnastic (all mid-table or lower-mid Spanish 2nd division).

Striker - No-one.

This is ruining my game. I can't sign any half-decent players because they want to leave after a season.

I've transfer listed and offered them out for costs nominally close to their actual value, unlike when I want a player, I have to offer 3x their value and a 15% future profit, let's see where they end up.

Striker goes to Alves who are currently 11th out of 22 in the Spanish 2nd division. MASSIVE step in quality tbh.

The AMC went to Rangers, who are at least a big club (they weren't interested in him before).

The AML goes to Manisapor, mid-table Turkish Premier team. I hardly believe they would be considered "bigger". The also already have 8 non-turkish players, so he might end up unregistered.

The CB does to Manisapor as well.

The RB looks like he'll end up at a lower end Scottish team, or Reading/Huddersfield in the same division he's in now.

Apart from the Rangers deal (which wasn't ever an option before), these don't exactly scream "Big Club" to me.

I manage Arsenal, so I don't tend to have players wanting to leave for a bigger club but do see players wanting a new challenge or being tapped up by other teams.

Generally I find players wanting a new challenge start by saying they're "considering a new challenge" on the Personal screen. The only option I've found that works is to get them on a new contract before this gets upgraded to "wants a new challenge." So the best course of action here is to skim through my players and look at their Happiness a few times a year to avoid future problems.

When another team makes an offer for a player, sometimes that player will note that they'd like to discuss terms with that team. Rejecting the offer only makes them miserable. Negotiating the contract to something semi-reasonable, but beyond the reach of the team trying to buy my player tends to help. Alternatively, if I offer the player a contract worth considering (even if they don't sign) while stalling the other team, usually within a day or two they no longer wish to discuss terms with the team trying to buy them and I can safely reject the offer. It's a bit artificial, but it means I can keep my players without them getting miserable with life at the club.

This has really bugged me recently too, I am At. Madrid at the moment in 3rd season and I swear to god Rafa Benitez has forced me to issue hands off Aguero at least once a WEEK for the last 6 months, he has signed 5 new contracts in the last 6 months because if I hadn't he would of wanted to leave. I find this totally unrealistic as even when C. Ronaldo was being sought after by Real

Madrid, Ferguson didn't have to issue hands off every week.

I mean seriously, having to issue a hands off once a week for six months its ridiculous.

You have got to be kidding me. I signed a right winger 6 months ago on a free transfer at the start of the season. I've now started to play him in first team action due to injuries and whatnot (this is in January).

One media item about Coventry (about 4 places above mine) being interested in him, I issue a hands off warning.

Within 2 days of the media item he's become:

Unsettled.

Feels it may be time to move on (what? after 6 months?)

Feels he needs to leave to further his career. (To where? Coventry? Neither team is going to get promoted barring a miracle)

Considering his options.

This is beyond a joke.

I can't even sign a player worth 65k, on a goddamn free transfer, and give him a dozen matches before some other mid-level team in the same ****ing division manages to unsettle my player and make him want to leave.

It's dropped my squad harmony by at least 4% as well. I won't be able to sell him, as the transfer window is about to shut, and I won't be able to sign a replacement if I sold him to make my moral good. I can't sell him anyway because he's one of my top 3 wingers.

Same problem here. I abandoned my Nots Co save for this reason. As soon as I managed to take them to EPL (after 8 years), almost every player unsettled, unhappy, upset etc,etc. Actually I was patient for a couple of seasons, thought if I can stay clear of relegation things would be better. But when I saw every single decent player I was signing - and I mean EVERY single one, not ONE exeption-, being unsettled after a couple of weeks, I gave up. Ridiculous, if you ask me. Now I'm back to the tranquillity of league 2...

I've just had several more examples of this, one inparticur took the proverbial, I bought a striker from a lower league spanish club on a 5 year deal on a hot prospect contract for £95 per week, less than 6 months later 1 club enquired about him from the english leaue 1 (i'm in the prem) and i said no chance then imediately he asked for a transfer i said no now he's deeply unhappy, having personal problems and wants to move to further his career! before this interest he was fine, ri-god-damn-diculous, i've even tried to get him out on loan but that's also not an option because loaning players out is virtually impossible!

It's such a shame because I really do enjoy fm09 but this is seriously affecting my enjoyment to the point of me wanting to smack my head against a wall! Seems this is a BIG problem and needs sorting out as it's ruining a lot of people's enjoyment, do SI have any thoughts/comments on this?

As people have said it can be really ridiculous the amount of unsettled players you can get. Two other things I find annoying:

1) You buy someone whos been at a club for years with no interested buyers; then after six months at your club offers are flying in for him.

2) Its so easy for my players to be unsettled by bids but i rarely/if ever on fm09 have unsettled a player.

Ive found that the only real way around this is that I only ever buy players with a professional personality. They seem less likely to get upset.

• 2 months later...

I'm very happy to have disovered this thread, as I just started playing 09 and have found the constant need to issue hands-off warnings and having players unsettled very much detracting from my enjoyment of the game. I really feel this is a bug as you shouldn't have half your team constantly wanted by other, sometimes inferior teams as well as so many players wetting themselves whenever another manager praises them. Mid-level Premier League teams just do not have 6-8 players demanding a move within a one-year period.

Archived