Disciplining Poor Perf. Can Lead to Increased Det.

I just saw a very neat feature for the very first time:

I recently lost in a cup match, in which one of my players played particularly poorly (5.4 rating). I disciplined the player by issuing a warning, as it was his "first offense." I noticed that after his positive response and acceptance of his warning (the news item read, "Player X has apologized for his poor performance and admits he deserved his official warning. He said he will try to motivate himself for future matches"), his determination increased by 1 point (from 10 to 11).

I find this to be a very nice addition, and something that I had not previously seen. Well done SI! :thup::)

I haven't noticed Determination drop if they think it was unfair, but Agression will quite often drop if fine a player for a sending off related to a violent offence.

I've turned my commanding centre-back into a gentle giant because of this. :(

I've never found the option. What triggers it? Is it a run of poor form or can it just be one stinker of a game? I had my board tell me the fans were unhappy with X's recent poor performance, but I didn't have the option.

I had something similiar recently. SLightly different in that, a young promising DC of mine, had a poor performance in a Champions Cup game against Inter (rated 4.6). I subbed him at half time. I told him I was disappointed in the team talks and decided not to fine him, mainly as he was young and is a good prospect. And he was only playing because of injuries.

Anyway, at the post-match press conference, I was asked how this poor performance would affect him, I replied, "It'll be a great positive influence for him" (or something like that). In my Inbox afterwards , there was a media story stating "I expect him to bounce right back from it(the poor performance). I happened to look at his screen a few minutes later to check his morale and I noticed a big increase in his Determination. It was up to 16, I'm not entirely sure what it was before, something like 13 or 14.

I was quite surprised and thankful as he will be very good in another year or two.

Archived