What Happens If You Delete The AI Tactics?

Hi,I remember reading somewhere on this forum during one of the many 4-2-4 debates that you could remove this formation from the ai's folder,to prevent them using it.

Has anyone tried deleting every tactic from within this folder,if so what happens?

I did try it,it seemed to have trouble creating a new game,constantly bringing up "Cannot Load xxx"

Over at "The Dugout" there seems to be a thread where somebody has done something similar but i'm not sure how he managed to get the game going,I think if we could get it working it would be a great workaround for those who have become disillusioned with the direction the game is taking.

Originally posted by Herter:

The cure for the super-keeper disease already exists..!

Set your tactics up.. it takes 5 minutes and then the problem is gone..

True. If people can't win games without having to delete opposition tactics then amybe they shouldn't play the game. But, each to their own...

Originally posted by Herter:

so your trying to say your tactics are perfect every game? you win every game 3-0 and 4-0?

the opposition kepper never has a match where he just saves every shot if you have only 2 or 20?

say yes and i call you a lier.

Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herter:

so your trying to say your tactics are perfect every game? you win every game 3-0 and 4-0?

the opposition kepper never has a match where he just saves every shot if you have only 2 or 20?

say yes and i call you a lier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why call him a lier? Wouldn't it be better to call him a liar?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herter:

I doubt that's what he wants, as it would be extremely unrealistic. Surely the game can't be too much fun if that's how you want things to be?

Well no, that's not what he was saying at all. I don't consider myself an expert of FM by any stretch but even I've managed to crack 4-2-4 to the point that the opposition don't score using that tactic any more than I'd expect them to in real life.

Once you get on top of the game it becomes relatively easy, takes a while with every new game.

I feel I have 08 pretty much sussed now in a tactical way, in the 2017/2018 season.

At the moment my Aston Villa team has the following record in the league for the last 4 seasons:

Won 114

Drawn 14

Lost 3

I have now set my self the challenge of assembling an all British team.

I play a second manager in the same game, I am now at Bristol City with this manager and just about to get their pretty mediocre team promoted to the premiership after my 4th season in the championship.

So no need to delete the AI tactics to win, you just need to get into the game and learn how to adjust your tactics to counter the AI. The 4-2-4 on this version had me baffled for a while, but once you suss it out, you can counter it pretty well. Same with the super keeper, once you see that happening in a game, it is time to change some thing, sometimes it is a simple as replacing your striker, other times just slowing down the tempo and reducing your mentality can do the trick.

Archived