Why does FM reccommend a lot less nations and leagues than I expected?

Just installed the game. Pressed "reccommend" and it said.

4 nations:

Scotland, England, Italy, Spain.

12 leagues:

SCO (PL, D1, D2, D3)

ENG (PL, CHP, L1, L2

ITA (SERIE A, SERIE B)

SPA (LIGA1, LIGA 2)

And small database.

My brand new Dell:

2.33 Quad Core

4GB RAM

nVidia Geforce 9800GT

Don't get me wrong, it seems quite fast, althoug I'm only at pre-season.

But I thought it would come back with a lot more than that.

Any ideas?

I am not sure as to why you got recommended so little leagues, but with your specs, you might want to restart a new game and choose the leagues yourself.

And you definitely can upgrade to a large database, affording yourself a larger variety of players/staff as well as the capability for longer data retention.

I generally find that I can double what FM recommends and it still goes at a decent speed for me. It is all about your patience really, if you can stand to wait a little while longer between games, then load a bigger DB and more leagues. It is trial and error really, if you have the time. try starting several games with different size DBs and different amounts of leagues. Then simply choose the most detailed level that you have the patience for. Do bear in mind that the game will slow down the longer you play it.

I have got a quad core 2.6 with 4GB DDR2 RAM and it only recommends the same Spain, England, Italy and Scotland. I usually run only 4 leagues as I like my games to be fast but I can load at least 8 nations and it still goes at a decent speed. It really depends on the player some people may consider games running too slow that others might like.

It's worth noting that I make FM process in it's slowest mode. This way it process matches in the background whilst I fart about reading scout reports and perusing results etc. As a result I very rarely ever see matches processing which is likely the slowest part for many. Oddly the fastest setting seems the slowest to me as you have to hit continue and then wait.

Archived