getting rid of an unwanted player

I made the mistake of signing Martin Galvan a few seasons ago. He came on a big contract, but was still very young. Now he is rotting in my reserves, still has 3 years left on his contract, and is eating up 5000 a week in wages. He has not developed at all so i want rid of him!

No-one wants him on loan

No-one will put in an offer for him (even when i offer him out for 0!)

He didn't accept mutual termination

I can't afford to pay him off and dont want to risk upsetting others.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the scumbag?!

i can't play him as he really hasn't developed at all in 2 years. when he was signed he was a "definate purchase", now he has the potential to be a "decent player", and has terrbile stats. I think i need new scouts!!!

I find it strange that no-one will bid even for 0 though

yeah i'll ignore that fees comment! haha!

he has been on loan to my feeder club for 2 seasons. but he has many stats as low as 4 etc etc, and in all that time none of his stats have improved. i have many other promising youngsters ahead of him, who are improving. But he's the one on an annoyingly large contract.

it would be the buying club paying the extra fees, therefore why would that make them more likey to make an offer?

Exactly!!

First you can't sell him and now you can and receive money.

I had a couple of players transfer listed that I couldn't sell for 1K.

Offered them to clubs @ £0 upfront and will receive 1K after 20 appearences. Had 7 offers and player is due to leave next window.

I don't understand why you don't think this is a good idea?:confused:

yeah i know he has a high PA etc etc at the start, but he really sucks on mine. i guess i'll just feeder club him again in the hope he either develops or i attract someones attention and manage to sell him!

You obviously did not pay close attention to his developement or satisfy his developement needs

What team are you by the way?

600 posts!!!!!!!!!!

*party*

Because he's offering the player out for £0 and not getting any bids

Offering a player out for £0 and then asking for money on top of that is asking for more than £0 and won't get any more bids in.

Your example is different because you're asking for £1k in a different way, you're not asking for more.

Exactly!!

First you can't sell him and now you can and receive money.

I had a couple of players transfer listed that I couldn't sell for 1K.

Offered them to clubs @ £0 upfront and will receive 1K after 20 appearences. Had 7 offers and player is due to leave next window.

I don't understand why you don't think this is a good idea?:confused:

why would they not bid £0 but then agree to pay later??? after apperances?

well if it works, it is a good idea, but i don't think it will in my circumstance, when even for 0, no-one will offer.

In your example, the club was willing to pay the 1K, but not straight away, so they got a good deal. In my example, which deal would the buying club prefer:

Your suggestion - 0 upfront then future fees due to me based on appearances

or mine - 0 upfront and no future fees - which currently generates no offers

yeah i know this, and i now want to get rid of him.

But this isn' always the case, i've had many youngsters come in and improve to be quality. By this reckoning, cos i am a 'lesser' team, i shouldn't sign players with potential even if i have the opportunity?

He is the exception so far to be the one that didn't develop

why would they not bid £0 but then agree to pay later??? after apperances?

Depends on the players value. If he is valued at £0 then obviously it wont work but oppening post is paying 5k in wages. I would presume that the player isn't valued at £0.

Listen I was trying to offer advice. OP didn't want to leave player in reserves and keep paying wages. This works.

Why ask for help if your just going to through suggestions back in peoples faces?

Makes no sense.:mad:

i didn't throw the suggestion back in your face, i just dont understand why you think it'll work when offering the player for free (irrespective of his actual value) did not get ANY bids?

Try it.

You can thank me later.

Depends on the players value. If he is valued at £0 then obviously it wont work but oppening post is paying 5k in wages. I would presume that the player isn't valued at £0.

Listen I was trying to offer advice. OP didn't want to leave player in reserves and keep paying wages. This works.

Why ask for help if your just going to through suggestions back in peoples faces?

Makes no sense.:mad:

Because you didn't read the first post properly.

Because you didn't read the first post properly.

I did the OP was aking for suggestions and I made one. I was only trying to help.

Anyway I am not getting into an argument about it but I would assume that the player concerned has a value attached to him.

If it works and the OP makes a sale then great if not then flame me all you like.:)

In real life players dont really rot in reserves if they know theyre never going to make it and they are half decent the club always find somewhere for them to go who wants them this should be reflected in the game its really annoying having reserves eating up your budget, players want to play first team football if he is not hten why would he want to stay....

The OP said he offered him out for £0 in the first post and got no bids.

Why he would then get bids for offering him out at more than £0? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't believe what you've said works, it shouldn't work, and if it does it needs to be raised as a bug.

Like I said in an earlier post it wont work if the player is valued at £0 obviously.

If you want to sell a player and can't then this is a good way of sprucing up the attractiveness of the potential transfer.

Had he done this inittially then he might have sold him.

But yes I do now see your point and this shouldn't work after him being offered at £0 and if it does then yes its a bug.

But maybe he can keep it in mind for future players to offload.

Archived