Manager idea..

I know it's early so sorry about that.:) In fm10, do you reckon it would be a good idea to take charge of a manager which already exists instead of creating a new one. So for example, starting as Paul Ince after his spell at Blackburn, and starting off with a lower club to build up his reputation again, and see him back in the top flight. Just a thought. cheers!

No No No - it's just fine as it is - if you want to be Paul Ince call youself that and give yourself his rep and delete him from the DB.

Well yeah, but you wouldn't have his real reputation.. favoured clubs, disliked clubs, who dislikes him, who likes him, his past career and so forth. This probably can be done in the editor already, but it would be a lot easier if it was to be an option instead of creating a new manager.

The whole point of FM is that you play the game as you would play it, as yourself. If you really were to play as another manager, would you do everything how they do it? Tactics, transfers, media interaction, subs, etc. It would be so time consuming to keep that up, it would take you until the next game came out to finish 1 season. TBH, Swindon has hit the nail on the head, if you want to do this, just edit it. Plus I doubt very much that SI would think it is worthwhile to put something like this into the game.

Also, FWIW this has been suggested several times before, and the majority have always thought it was a bad idea

The whole point of FM is that you play the game as you would play it, as yourself. If you really were to play as another manager, would you do everything how they do it? Tactics, transfers, media interaction, subs, etc. It would be so time consuming to keep that up, it would take you until the next game came out to finish 1 season. TBH, Swindon has hit the nail on the head, if you want to do this, just edit it. Plus I doubt very much that SI would think it is worthwhile to put something like this into the game.

Also, FWIW this has been suggested several times before, and the majority have always thought it was a bad idea

I dont see this as a feature which would be very hard to apply into FM. Personally, I think it would add realism. Nobody would be forcing you to use it, or play the game in the sort of style that the certain manager does (Wenger, Ferguson, Benitez), it would just be there if you fancied carrying on the career of a real manager.

I don't see the harm in adding this feature.

More importantly for me would be the ability to create a short history of your career at the start of each game. You can declare your favoured teams and past experience but being a pedantic sod I hate taking over a club as first team manager without having any history in the game whatsoever (even if it is just cosmetic).

I wouldn't mind seeing on my achievements screen that I started as a coach somewhere, or at least that I have a vague playing history.

I don't see the harm in adding this feature.

More importantly for me would be the ability to create a short history of your career at the start of each game. You can declare your favoured teams and past experience but being a pedantic sod I hate taking over a club as first team manager without having any history in the game whatsoever (even if it is just cosmetic).

I wouldn't mind seeing on my achievements screen that I started as a coach somewhere, or at least that I have a vague playing history.

I started a thread on FM08 about being able to do this it seems like a must have for a new game for me.

swindon there would be no harm in adding it, if you dont wanna take over from a manager you wouldnt have to

if this is true then you could also add option diving. option start off with 200m transfer funds.

this just wouldnt work. if you take over from a legendary manager and then suddenly the player starts losing that managers reputation is lost. and irl that just wouldnt happen. a good manager is for life. playing this game isnt.

Archived