About to be taken Over and Fired!!

Suma

I am playing the Dafuge challenge Farnborough and it seems that after the early season takeover failed, now I am about to be taken over by a consortium and they have said they will replace me with [name of a manager]....

Is there any chance I will stay?

I got promoted on my first year of the challenge and I am doing good in the BSP... current in 8 with few points keeping me from a playoff position.

My clubs have been taken over and there were messages of me being fired...but then when the club finally was took over they assured me of my job. So im guessing you will have to wait until the board has been taken over. For now its only speculation ;)

Majority of the time they'll give you a few games to impress them after they take over. If you don't reach the new boards expectations quickly they'll get rid of you.

I've never seen an instant firing in FM09.

I remember reading of some guy that claimed he really was immediately fired upon the new board taking over. Poor Fellow! :D

But yeah, most other accounts state they were given time to prove to the new board that they are worthy of holding onto the job.

Depends on your success and financial control really. If you keep a tight wage budget and don't spend much then you'll be adored by your chairman. More so if you're actually making a profit every month! Add some success to the pot and you'll be loved by the fans too so firing you won't go down well with either the fans or the players.

Basically what the others mentioned here, you will get some time and in most cases you can remain as manager, but if you screw up the first (or first two) games you are out.

At least happened to me, got taken over, similar message as topic starter, but I could stay, and in my first game with the new owners I faced my fierce rivals on their home ground. I lost 2 - 0 and got the instant sack.

I am playing the Dafuge challenge Farnborough and it seems that after the early season takeover failed, now I am about to be taken over by a consortium and they have said they will replace me with [name of a manager]....

Is there any chance I will stay?

I got promoted on my first year of the challenge and I am doing good in the BSP... current in 8 with few points keeping me from a playoff position.

whats the dafuge challenge?

whats the dafuge challenge?

It is a challenge, these can be found Challenges, Sign-Ups & Experiments forum.

Basically the Dafuge Challenge is to take unplayable team from the UK, (ones that can't be choosen at the start of the game and will appear after one season in the BSN/BSS) to Champions League glory and beyond, see the The official Dafuge thread here.

Archived