why has fm changed

ok i was supposed to say .... why has fm changed ? on the older verisons of fm starting from fm 08 and going backwards why has fm09 completely fu..cked up ? with all this steam s..hite ? why couldnt it be as simple as fm 08 and the other ones? for starters fm 09 takes up way too much room on a pc .... and there has been more complaints about the game rather than praisers for the game ... for f.uck sake i only got the game yesterday and i still have not started to play it yet because am just editing the transfers ( latest ones ) and when i minimize fm to look at the internet or somethin when i click back onto fm from my taskbar the screen is black .. maybe its the pc's fault because it doesnt match the games size but why is the games size bigger than past fm's? and like editor u could press start prog files then highlight fm 08 ( for example ) and u could easily click editor that way ... but now u have to go through all folders to get to it ..... and u didnt need all these patch bulsh.it files for fm 08 and past fm's of even champ man probably .... the game looks good but u need to be able to enjoy the game and actually play it to see if its really good .... and at the min its a disgrace ..... now people may understand what i am trying to say

I am kinda confused by the OP's issue. Did I misunderstand him when I think what he was merely commenting on how the installation directory of the game has changed because of Steam?

So instead of say "C:\Program Files\Football Manager 2009", it is now "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009"?

If that is so, I am pretty baffled as to how this is worth posting about. He does not even seem to be complaining much too, just stating that it is "simple but different". Odd.

Steam is a great application and really helps in the battle against piracy and cheats. Other benefits are of course "simple" online purchasing and installation of games and of course easier updates/patching methods.

Unfortunately it is geared heavily toward online gaming and games from that are more online orientated, which FM isn't really (it's still essential a stand alone game). I would imagine there's still a significant number of FM fans who don't play many other or diffrent types of game, who will naturally be confused by Steam and even see it as unnecissary, which to them of course it is!

Having used steam for many years I'm fully used to it and don't mind it, but it clearly is a bit slower to start FM games up and to new users of Steam it will naturally seem a bit unnecisary and strange. In the long run though it is a great sytem and in the future most games will use this or systems similar.

Archived