Kuyt- Natural Winger?

hey all, noticed the other day that under Kuyts positions it says that he is a natural winger.

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

Im pretty sure he has only ever been a striker and didnt really adapt to the right wing until, last season, even so he should surely be a natural striker and an accomplished winger?

i can't see what the problem is' date=' even if he has played there for 1 season. he plays well there for Liverpool so why shouldn't he have it down as a naturel position.[/quote']

Perhaps, like Eurochamp04 said, it's because that Kuyt plays as right winger for Holland, and played sometimes in that position for Utrecht. Perhaps, up until then, he only played as a winger, and it's Rafa Benitez who's tried to make him an out and out striker?

Perhaps, like Eurochamp04 said, it's because that Kuyt plays as right winger for Holland, and played sometimes in that position for Utrecht. Perhaps, up until then, he only played as a winger, and it's Rafa Benitez who's tried to make him an out and out striker?

not sure what your getting at? when he arrived at Anfield he was bought to be a forward or striker, because Rafa likes to play 4-2-3-1 kuyst is used as an AMR/FR, as a profesional footballer if you can play AMR you will more and likely be able to play MR, gerrard naturel position is MC he can also play MR/AMR/DMC/AMC etc

Some players are very adapt at playing in different roles even if his naturel position is different from that of his naturel one..

read this article and tell me he isnt adapt at playing AMR or SC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Kuyt

i played football for 20 years, and allthough i was right footed, i played mostly as left wing or left back, i played many games in every position accept CD..

Kuyt is as much a AMR as he is FC or SC because he is adabtable, if he was'nt no good he wouldn't be playing there for the team, and basicly he is Liverpool's current best choice to play there other than Gerrard..

So once again i say i dont understand what the problem is about, Kuys is Adaptable just like Gerrad is or Carrager can play at RB/LB and CB

that's correct. gerrard wants to play AMC as im sure Kuyt would prefer to play SC as im Surew Carragher would rather play CB as apposed to LB/RB.. some times beeing a great adabtable player can be a bad thing on the players part as they get used in other position's..

Kuyt is equally adapt at both depending on his role and team tactics..

I would say he's natural, just like the guy said above, Kuyt is gives so much in the game, he's like your Steven Gerrard 'type' of player who can play VERY well out of position, may it even be natural for them as they're that adept.

Wouldn't that just mean they should have high Versatility?

Archived