Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

okay mate. i have already given myy wingers more freedom but didnt do anything to my fullbacks. i havent got them with farrows like you so not sure i should.

changed it a bit playin with 2 DM's and 1 CM.

taken forest to a replay now! 1-1 at home so not bad for once.

thanks for the help man i really appreciate it! don't think that im copy you i just need ideas icon_smile.gif as i said im not used to creating my owntactics. hopefully i can get a good one icon_smile.gif

Cheers mate. hows your championship season going?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mattjm:

Thanks for the suggestion but SOley isnt interested and the other two arent on my game. SHall i start a new save and load more leagues or more platyers. If so what ones shall I do where I can get decent players. Thanks

Matt, def load all players from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Romania, Serbia. Some gems in there! icon14.gif

thats a nice squad mate. i would go for

GK - Joao Carlos (as much as i love scribe i think carlos is an amazing gk)

DR - San Roman

DL - Alex Diaz as i think he will be more confident because of the age. both look good for their ages on mine at the start. eron looks a future star!

DC - Obama

DC - Ponce (not sure about yepes, bamba, Christie)

DM - Roberto

CM - Bernardo

CM - Lulinha

AML - Di Maria

AMR - Braaten

FC - GANEA!!

campbell will be great for you! retrain him to play wing as well.

Cheers mate, what about 4-4-2 to incorporate maore strikers? I played it part of last season and it looked great! I'll give them both a go and play this for 4-4-2:

GK: J Carlos

DR: San Roman

DL: Diaz

DC: Obama

DC: Ponce (if against v aerial strikers then Yepes)

MR: Lulinha (better on the right on 8.0.2)

ML: Di Maria

MC: Roberto

MC: Bernardo

FC: Ganea

FC: Campbell/Despotovic

I'll play the regens in cup games so don't expect any cup genius this season!

Here are my regens:

paulchristiedcdmml0.jpg

Good for the important DC stats and seems very hard working. If his fitness develops then he could be great. PA 181.

terryrobertsgkpq3.jpg

Stats aren't amazingly impressive and you can't see him dominating the box and ordering the defence around. Pretty bulky too, still good general keeper stats tho. PA 171.

morgangerrardamrcfchr6.jpg

Bargain from Blackburn last season: £22k. Looks pretty impressive to boot. Could be a good winger, decent striker. PA 175.

danieljosefariasstgk5.jpg

And last but not least my mini-Ronaldo. Brilliant striker with great stats everywhere but look at his weight! icon_eek.gif PA 199.

Prob some of the best regens I've found on FM 2008! icon14.gif

Tom, ofc I'll update mate, but I seem to be going really slow atm so it could be a while.

And you haven't thanked me for getting hooked on Oxford! icon_razz.gif

Seriously mate thanks a lot! The most fun I've had on FM in a long time! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Depending on how I do in the Championship I'll play him against the weaker sides or if one of my first choice strikers gets injured.

Yeah, what a success this thread has been. 7 and a lot pages for a BSP thread!!! Loads of new gamers who seem to have stuck with it, a stroke of genius on your behalf mate! icon_smile.gif

Not really tbh but if you wanted to you could go to a deeper defensive line and counter attacking, especially when you're away from home. Momentum may be the key tho, say if you win loads before the match you tend to play better I find.

i think my 1st ever giant killing!

won 3-2 away against forest! goals from Kalenga and 2 from Harsanyi!!

hopefully that will ive my side some confidence!

got sunderland inthe next round

i dont care about that 3rd round is fine for me icon_biggrin.gif and im at home so more money icon_biggrin.gif

cheers for the help matt. i think it was your help that got me through it! scored in the 92min woop!

two more cup games afterwards!

Tamworth 1-3 Oxford (Harsanyi, Soley, Odubade) (FA Trophy 1st round) - been drawn against part- timers Evesham in 2nd round.

Oxford 1-0 Torquay (Soley) (Setanta Shield 4th round)

yeah i did that myself.

just as i say that. northwich the ******** beat me 2-1 in another game i dominate 57% possession 13 shots to 6! and this is away from home! odubade scored again. but never mind i just want to do well in the cups this time. promotion should be fine but just need to put these chances n the net. only 3 on target icon_confused.gif

Nice results mate. It's not hard at all is it? icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I just prefer this one. The other one wasn't doing so great, we were scraping wins 1-0 and 2-1 so I changed and it's certainly provided goals!

I have some replacements lined up:

Bayal Sall for Yepes- this guy has immense stats and only £350k icon_eek.gif

Sebastien Leto for Braaten- Younger and can link up with his Argentinian mate di Maria in the left wing.

well both look pretty sweet!

never seen bayal sall before just looked him up looks pretty great! worth 2.2mill on mine though! lacks a bit of pace but overall pretty good

leto will be great in championship and for your 1st couple of seasons in the prem.

just got a 2-2 draw against qpr at home so now got ANOTHER replay at their place!

3-2 again? haha

i just got another couple of loans in as weirauch and djeziri have gone back now!

got in victor moses and dean bowditch. felt i needed some more attacking force still lacking goals!

Moses has scored on his debut against Stafford in Setanta Shield Quarter Final. which i won 2-1!

Archived