What is the secret for Arsenal`s strength?

Their strengths are the same as that of any other top team. Mainly very technical players in midfield, quick attackers, strong center backs, fast fullbacks. The keeper is average though. To top it off, like most top teams, their squad is very well motivated. The key to beating them is to reduce space for their midfielders, especially Fabregas. If you give them too much space and time on the ball, they'll rip you to shreds.

The same recipe goes for beating pretty much any other team whether it's Barcelona, or Milan, or Man U.

Ok, they do have good players but in FM they play as one of the best teams ever. Specially when they play agaisnt me(Chelsea). And Adebayor scores so many goals. Ridiculous.

Well, that's why I said you need to reduce space for their midfielders. The reason Adebayor scores so many goals against you is because you're letting Fabregas and his friends make a lot of through passes to him, because you're leaving too much space in midfield for them to operate in. You should push up your defense line a notch or two above the middle setting, perhaps even tight mark Fabregas, also show him onto weaker foot. You basically want to limit Arsenal's midfield as much as possible, that is the key to beating them or any other top team.

Now, I'm not saying that you'll win every single match against them by doing this, sometimes you simply wont, for various reasons. Maybe Arsenal is on a good streak, maybe your players are tired, could be many reasons, but what I mentioned above will increase your chances of winning or at least not loosing.

One other tip I can give you is get yourself at least one quick center back. Someone with pace and acceleration of 15 or higher. Since you're Chelsea, that shouldn't be a problem. Because neither Terry, nor Carvalho, nor Alex have the speed to catch any quick strikers that get through sometimes.

Someone I think phnompenhandy did an experiment in which he moved all Arsenal first team players and all other hot prospect players into his Man City squad (I think) in the editor. Obviously he finished 1st, but Arsenal still went strong and came 2nd.

Conclusion, Arsenal's "secret" strength must be Arsene Wenger.

EDIT: This was before 9.2.0 by the way.

The secret is the money they siphon off to SI each year lol.

Nah, in all seriousness its down to a couple of things, a lot of Arsenal's players have over-rated stats like determination and bravery, and whilst its hard to measure the direct impact of these, players like Adebayor aren't as determined or brave as the game rates them. In fact, get a bit rough with Adebayor early on in real life and he's usually quite anonymous, same with some of the other players, but this isn't factored in.

Is it possible to play the same kind of football that Arsenal plays with lower teams like Ajax? I`m a big Ajax fan and I see it a challenge to play that kind of football with that team.

Can someone post the Arsenal tactic here with all the instructions and explain the effectiveness of the tactic?

My theory is that many of their players are very very fast and pace for me seems to make a big difference on this match engine.

Also Wenger likes to play very short passing at a very high tempo in the game so it matches the speed of his players perfectly.

I wouldn't use hard tackling or man marking or high closing down on them unless you're a top team. If you are an average team and you do all those things, they will pick you apart. Play narrow with defense line slightly above middle setting, this way you will reduce space and make it hard for their midfield to control the game and create through passes to their strikers. Also, use counter attack.

I managed to beat them 2-1 with Liverpool on 9.1.0. I was very lucky as Fabregas pulled down one of my players in the box when it was 1-1 so the penalty got me the win. Yet somehow Fabreagas still got man of the match when his team lost, he got a yellow card and gave away the penalty that gifted me the three points!

EDIT: Plus it was at the Emirates!

Arsenal admittedly are a strong team in-game but then going against Man Utd and Chelsea is no different. They are still beatable but it takes alot of effort. In such games (using Newcastle), I find myself often having to switch tactics during the match (between my normal, attacking and defensive 4-4-2 template) according to the flow of the game. This is very crucial since sitting back and setting up stall for the whole match will most likely ensure a loss since Arsenal are more than capable of penetrating the defence at least once in the match.

Also, following my Ass Man's advise on opponent OI for specific players is very helpful. Beyond that, it's down to individual moments of brilliance from your players :p

Close down Fab and the wingers (mostly Walcott and VPS), set all Hard Tackle + Weaker Foot to all midfields and FW. This will reduce the chance for them to score.

Basically, you don't need to set your DL too deep. I set to Normal (one click before Push Up) in order to give them some pressure.

Archived