Striker scoring 4 goals in a game

I'm a third of the way into my second season and one of my strikers finally scored more than two goals in a game. Not only did he score more than two, he actually scored four. Delighted. Can't believe how much more realistic the influence of strikers is in this game. It makes for much more of an achievement to actually develop a tactic which utilises strikers properly.

Loving the game at the moment.

Oh, and the striker was Kevin Doyle, for anyone who is interested. Bought him for 3.7mil for Newcastle. 12 goals to his name so far this season, after 14 games in all competitions. Much more like it.

lewis alessandra did this for me for oldham twice in 3 games hasn't scored before or since :(

The thing that I am liking about Doyle is that he is so prolific. He is scoring every second game or so, at least and is spreading the goals out between the Premier and the Europa Cup games. Really reliable striker who plays well as part of a defensive 4-4-2. Martins who I have partnering him was my top scorer the season before with a paltry 14 for the season. I somehow get the feeling that Doyle will have that beat by the new year.

Had the same thing, Strikers need lots of creative freedom to function. Hope they are a bit tuned for 9.2.0. More striker goals and fewer 35 yard screamers in the top corner

especially from the likes of Wes Brown and John Terry!

There's nothing more irritating than having your Blackburn team run themselves ragged stopping Chelski from scoring, only to have their hard work dashed by a 40 yard belter from a guy with the technical ability of a rusty gate!

Had the same thing, Strikers need lots of creative freedom to function. Hope they are a bit tuned for 9.2.0. More striker goals and fewer 35 yard screamers in the top corner

Is that a definate thing or just something you believe?

Id be interested to know cause while my strikers are playing well and scoring a decent amount (one on 12 one on 10 in december of first season EPL) i feel its more down to luck than judgement on my part.

Although that does ring true to some extent as Pandev (who has scored 10) tends to get goals when i stick him on free role with alot of freedom.

My striker scored 17 goals in 24 matches, but last three matches hes been on, erm well.. strike :(

Regarding creative freedom: high freedom is not a must - his setting is low normal. Reason for him scoring a lot of goals are all the good through balls he is fed by my MCa, FCd and wingers.

But I guess Ive jinxed him now:(

Archived