Creating the Wrexham Takeover (it's not in the game)

Vlowman

I've spent the week counting down the hours to start a Wrexham-under-Ryan-Reynolds save only to find that it isn't in the game because - as per Miles' tweet of last night - the deal hasn't actually gone through yet IRL.

I only have time in my life for one big save, and want it to be a rise to top type save, so despite the temptation of trying Tranmere instead, I'm thinking about trying to create the Wrexham takeover in the pre-game editor.

Does anyone know what exactly I'd have to do to do that, i.e. who would need to be created, how much money would I need to give them (realistically), whethere there would be any other tweaks (reputation?) I should make? That sort of thing. Perhaps it's too much of a hassle....

Alternatively, does anyone know how long we would have to wait for it to be patched into the game if, for instance, the deal went through next month? Are we talking straight away, or a painfully long wait for the January transfer update?

8 minutes ago, Vlowman said:

I've spent the week counting down the hours to start a Wrexham-under-Ryan-Reynolds save only to find that it isn't in the game because - as per Miles' tweet of last night - the deal hasn't actually gone through yet IRL.

I only have time in my life for one big save, and want it to be a rise to top type save, so despite the temptation of trying Tranmere instead, I'm thinking about trying to create the Wrexham takeover in the pre-game editor.

Does anyone know what exactly I'd have to do to do that, i.e. who would need to be created, how much money would I need to give them (realistically), whethere there would be any other tweaks (reputation?) I should make? That sort of thing. Perhaps it's too much of a hassle....

Alternatively, does anyone know how long we would have to wait for it to be patched into the game if, for instance, the deal went through next month? Are we talking straight away, or a painfully long wait for the January transfer update?

Once the editor is out, you could create them. Otherwise i'm sure someone will create it as a MOD/Add on in the coming weeks. I'd imagine the update would be in the Spring release if all the paperwork is completed by then. 

4 minutes ago, craigw87 said:

Otherwise i'm sure someone will create it as a MOD/Add on in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the reply. That's interesting - is that just something I would find in the Steam workshop?

Otherwise I'm not quite sure whether what I did myself should be more sophiticated that dropping 2mill into the bank account and ticking 'sugar daddy'. Are the finance options more detailed than that e.g. increasing investment as you rise up the leagues, or does that sort of thing somehow take care of itself?

8 minutes ago, NexusSix said:

I will include this in anything that I figure in the next few days.

Just have to get through the mess that is the starter code and rule changes, the fixing is the easy part!

Hi - what do you mean exactly? Do you produce some sort of patch? Will it be on the Steam Workshop? Apologies - I'm new to this part of the forum.

7 minutes ago, Vlowman said:

Hi - what do you mean exactly? Do you produce some sort of patch? Will it be on the Steam Workshop? Apologies - I'm new to this part of the forum.

Yeh Im hoping to get something up on the Steam Workshop by the end of the week - It will be something about Lower Leagues & Brexit.
Ill add the Wrexham takeover into it. Ill update or PM you as soon as I have something completed, verified and play tested over 3 years. 

2 minutes ago, NexusSix said:

Yeh Im hoping to get something up on the Steam Workshop by the end of the week - It will be something about Lower Leagues & Brexit.
Ill add the Wrexham takeover into it. Ill update or PM you as soon as I have something completed, verified and play tested over 3 years. 

That'd be great. Many thanks.

What are you thinking of in terms of Brexit? Removing it entirely or somehow tweaking its implimentation. I think I read somewhere that it does weird things to the database in the long term.... I'm still inclined to have it in the game though, just for the realism (although I don't love the lottery aspect of potentially getting a super hard, save-crushing version when it seems like, no matter what happens, I doubt the goverment will shoot the Premier League cash-cow but going too draconian on the visa requirements)

The fix is simply clicking a tick box off to remove the entire concept of Brexit. This has no long term effects on the game as all its changing is the agreement (EU) change.
Countries can continue to join or leave the EU as the game progresses based on the random nature of the game. (Save scum it if you don't like an outcome in your game)

As for the severity of Brexit, its really easy to just edit the outcomes, 100% chance for a soft Brexit or 100% chance on a Hard Brexit. The outcome of Brexit in the game is set on a percentile change for each outcome. This is easy to change.

I personally dont like the WP changes that Brexit will bring so prefer just to remove the whole thing. Nothing worse than a great save being wrecked by a hard brexit especially as I exclusively play English Lower League starts. 

I somewhat agree with you though that the Premier League will lose its standing and international appeal if Brexit does affect Work Permits in the way its suggesting in game. But hey Covid rules have resulted in the rest of the Pyramid all but imploding so lets wait and see.

On 24/11/2020 at 20:36, NexusSix said:

The fix is simply clicking a tick box off to remove the entire concept of Brexit. This has no long term effects on the game as all its changing is the agreement (EU) change.
Countries can continue to join or leave the EU as the game progresses based on the random nature of the game. (Save scum it if you don't like an outcome in your game)

As for the severity of Brexit, its really easy to just edit the outcomes, 100% chance for a soft Brexit or 100% chance on a Hard Brexit. The outcome of Brexit in the game is set on a percentile change for each outcome. This is easy to change.

I personally dont like the WP changes that Brexit will bring so prefer just to remove the whole thing. Nothing worse than a great save being wrecked by a hard brexit especially as I exclusively play English Lower League starts. 

I somewhat agree with you though that the Premier League will lose its standing and international appeal if Brexit does affect Work Permits in the way its suggesting in game. But hey Covid rules have resulted in the rest of the Pyramid all but imploding so lets wait and see.

Thanks for this. I'd also be interested in a Brexit and Wrexham modification as I also exclusively play lower leagues. 

On 24/11/2020 at 12:36, NexusSix said:

Countries can continue to join or leave the EU as the game progresses based on the random nature of the game.

Have you ever seen other nations join or leave in the game? The only ones I have seen joining were set in data and leaving none, apart from Brexit.

Just curious if I missed something.