How to increase tactic familiarity?

For the last couple of seasons, I have had the same three tactics in my slots (and I do use each of them for different matches) and haven't had a particularly high turnover of players but my assistant is always 'concerned with our match preparation' and familiarity is barely above two thirds in the bar it shows. 

I leave training to my assistant and usually I find that this works fine but doesn't seem to be at the moment... 

I’m not sure how this familiarity works, I always play the same formation but I always get the comment saying so and so is not familiar with your formation and needs more game time..... after 40 matches I would fully expect players to be familiar with the formation.

8 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Same here ... have fluidity after a few games except for player roles which is always low. I train it often by match prep but it won’t increase

So frustrates me when 

A. The player has attributes to play the role.

B. When according to the same guy it’s his most suited role but after 40 games he needs more game Time to become accustomed to the role.

with information like this I fully understand how newbies get confused with this game.

The issue is as you've mentioned, @FulhamFc14. You train 3 different tactics. It works better if you train a shape from preseason to September/October. Then fill in the rest of the slots with slight tweaks of the shape. 

If you use a 3-4-3 & 4-3-3, for slots 2 & 3, while having a 4-2-3-1 as starting shape, I'm afraid it may take you longer to achieve tactics familiar in all. The logic in this is flawed, but that is how it is. 

It's quite easy actually. I normally get mine to the max in about a month or two. The key is to train the same tactic in all 3 slots. When the team learns it, you can add another one if you want. But the best way to do this is to keep it similar to the main one, make slight changes that you can use in-game when you need to. For example, in my second slot my tactic is pretty much the same, just with a bit lower mentality, pressing and line of engagement. I use it when I need to close out games and the team is too tired to press. I leave the training to the assistant and like I said, it goes to the max in one to two months.

Second key part is - train the players in the roles you're going to use them. Unlike previous FMs, where this did not matter and you could train a striker as a complete forward, but use him as a false 9 for example, here you HAVE TO train the players in the role they are going to play on matchday. This is the only way to have max familiarity. So make sure this is on point. I know it's limiting, but that is the way it is at the moment. 

I hope this helps :)

On 16/08/2020 at 11:25, Impacto said:

Second key part is - train the players in the roles you're going to use them. Unlike previous FMs, where this did not matter and you could train a striker as a complete forward, but use him as a false 9 for example, here you HAVE TO train the players in the role they are going to play on matchday. This is the only way to have max familiarity. So make sure this is on point. I know it's limiting, but that is the way it is at the moment. 

I've wondered about this. I still train people based on what attributes I want them to learn. I started doing things a little differently in my recent save. In the first half of the season I train them on the what they will actually play in game, then in the latter half of the season once the tactic is learned, then I train them in new positions or different positions for attributes as needed.

• 2 weeks later...