Need help improving my possession based tactic

So, I've entered into my second season with a Swedish First Division club and I am sitting in third place after a little over half way through the season. I started off the season playing counter-attacking football but decided to change tactics because we started to lose games. After re-evaluating my squad I discovered that we sucked in the areas that counter-attacking football usually needs (dribbling, crossing, speed in general), we did however have very good passing, decisions, and tackling when compared to the rest of the league. This made me think that we could pull off a possession based tactic, and after my first tactic kind of succeeded short-term and then ultimately failed, I switched to the preset control possession tactic. Any advice on how to improve my tactic would be greatly appreciated because we are now struggling to score goals.

Capture 3.PNG

I would change some of the roles you are using.

Advanced Forward with very little support from midfield is going to get isolated very quick. I would personally change him to a DLF - try support first. I would also change the CAR to a MEZ to try and get some support to the striker.

@davehanson My team is still struggling to score goals, I've gotten two 0-0 games in a row. Do you think putting the MEZ on attack would open up a better route of attack than the striker? I tried putting the DLF on attack just to see how it looks and he becomes too disconnected from the rest of the team if I do that.

Edited by Mr. Bargo

10 hours ago, Mr. Bargo said:

@davehanson My team is still struggling to score goals, I've gotten two 0-0 games in a row. Do you think putting the MEZ on attack would open up a better route of attack than the striker? I tried putting the DLF on attack just to see how it looks and he becomes too disconnected from the rest of the team if I do that.

You have some TI's that are possession overkill. Balanced is what I like to use for my possession based tactics but it is relatively patient compared to positive or attacking so dialling it down even more with shorter passing and lowering the temp is just too much for me. I would prefer a DLF or a F9 in that striker role but I would wan't to know whether my forward has the attributes to play that role. 

If you've changed to DLFsu you definitely need to change more roles. A) the winger has very few targets to aim at so you're fairly easy to defend against in that regard. B) need more runners from midfield, again for the same reason. I'd loose the CARsu as I find them relatively boring in a side that has flank players anyway. 

Overall I just think you're being too cautious. Loose either shorter passing or tempo and you might see some better chances come your way. At the moment you're playing a little too much possession for possession sake. 

Yeah, I should have posted my updates to my tactic, my bad. I will do so now, and hopefully we can go from there. I did find that I agree with you on the winger a game or two ago as my team sucks at crossing anyways and pretty much every attempt at a cross was being blocked. So I moved the roles around a bit and became more aggressive with my LB/RB to try to stretch out the opponents defense. I've also tried to attack wider to further that effect but I didn't think it was making much of a difference and was afraid I was going overkill with tactics again so I took that instruction off. @Justified Do you see any noticeable issues that could be hindering my chances at goal?

Capture 4.PNG

Edited by Mr. Bargo

Tbh I'd make one little tweak, the MEZsu should either be on attack or just have a simple CMat to get runners running beyond your DLFsu. The left side looks balanced. If you find your conceding you could try a DLPsu instead of APsu as your DMC could be overrun with how attacking you are.