Person Name Field

BruceyNTFC

Apologies if this has been answered, but I've not been able to find it through my searches. 

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success in activating the "Person Name" field in the editor by altering the xml files via the resource archiver.

I can see the field but try as I might I've not been able to get it to open as a selectable field, wasn't sure if someone else had had more joy.

TIA.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Which field are you taking about exactly? First name, second and common name covers pretty all bases I thought.

there's a person name ui, which in theory would allow you to tinker with the ethnicity, which is what I want to dig down into.

Sadly, all I've managed to do so far is manage to break the display on my nations columns, so that now when I search nations, I can't see anything and I can't get it back to normal, even with unistalling/reinstalling, which is annoying as hell.

You made a backup of your comps editor file? If you remove it and synchronise with Steam it will put back the old one.

Looks like on the tables invisible, but for use in other parts of the database. Still, interesting thought.

Yeah I've managed to get them back now, so we're all good there. I reckon if we can open the player names database up it might offer a  whole new level of editing when it comes to creating nations.

Maybe.

Ah, the elusive 'person name' field. Many years ago I managed to activate the gui so I could see it but I could  never retrieve the data. 

In addition to ethnicity, which in itself will help with generation of names, you could use this for any new or overwritten nation to prevent 'old' names from being used. Or names that are not suitable for whatever reason you find valid. 

You have many empty "database table type" numbers.

Screenshot_133.thumb.png.73a8d45b132addb235ea9bf477725ff5.png

Screenshot_134.thumb.png.e2d09deafe281abfacc1fc12d17d18ba.png

So who knows what "empty" numbers are - if you add manualy new data to editor numbers 12,14,22 and 26 (i tested only to number 26) will give you some data - however editor cant show data because there is no UI files for that specific data.

On 08/06/2020 at 19:30, Fredrik said:

Ah, the elusive 'person name' field. Many years ago I managed to activate the gui so I could see it but I could  never retrieve the data.

Same here.