Attitudes towards Touch version.

Some people have really a bad attitude towards the touch version, seen so many posts/comments around the sites and social media where it takes a bashing, I doubt quite a few have actually played the version given the comments they make, most of the time I don't post as it is a waste of time.

These comments, especially that comparison lol

w2xFUN.jpgoCsIEV.jpg

And why would it bother you really? You'll always find people who like to voice their opinion without much or any knowledge about the subject. Some people think Touch is for smartphones...

I never went back to full version since FM2015 as I can only play 2-4 hours per session, and that's not even every day. So FMT + laptop + quite a few leagues is the best combination for me, not bothered with cross-saves or portability. But I don't feel any need to convince others on forums or facebook that the Touch version is better, especially that those guys are probably on average 20 years younger than me. It's better for me, It's not for them.

Take it easy, use the time for playing the game instead of reading pointless comments ;)

I don't think rebranding to "Touch" has helped the perception. Yes, there are limiting factors compared to the main game but it's certainly very viable.

There's always a couple of months build up to the main game with new features being posted about regularly while there's barely anything about the Touch version. That doesn't help either.

2 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I don't think rebranding to "Touch" has helped the perception.

This. It's a terrible name. It's probably (as in, I don't know SI's intentions for it) directed at the tablet market more than PC, but that still doesn't make it a good name. I mean, it used to be looked down on a bit even as FM Classic, but it's become worse, imo. All we really can do is correct the 'myths' when we come across them. Pebble in an ocean though, I'm sure.

You're right re the name Classic. It would possibly help in a way that older players could be easier tempted to play it as the nostalgia for old CM/early FM is quite strong among some, maybe also those overwhelmed by all the details in the full fat would try it. But on the other hand those who want to play on tablet wouldn't have a clue that Classic is directed at them without specifically looking for that information. The name Touch makes that suggestion right away. I imagine it's better for sales as it is and that matters the most. 

I used to always play the classic/touch version on the PC (never played FM on any tablet/phone), and wouldn't even entertain the idea of the full game. My view was that it was just way too much detail. However I think from last year and more so this year, the delegating of responsiblities you don't want to do is a massive turn back to the full game for me. I like the way that if you don't want to do certain aspects, the game doesn't 'punish' you for it. Like I don't do training or press conferences but the game doesn't pick me up on that and downgrade me in any way. It would be ideal if we could pick and choose what we want in the game, but hey, maybe in the future we might.