Forwards/Team struggling to score

So I'm doing a Paris FC save in my second season, and after 27 games this is my result. That's 4 goals from my top striker and another 4 from a winger. I am tied 19th for goals in Ligue 2. I'm not sure if its the tactic, just a poor run, the players themselves or what, but last season I really didn't have this issue when I used a loan striker from Amiens SC who scored 12 in 37.

Starting striker averages 418 mins per goal while my backup is at 638 mins per goal now. I'm at a loss for why my forwards just can't find the net.

https://imgur.com/a/RkyE8Iq

The imgur link has a bunch of relevant pictures, I can happily provide more to give a fuller picture.

Edited by leixoesproject

Have you tried changing up roles a little? feels like the final 3rd is left on an island with no real linkup or support from the midfield. Maybe changing the midfield 2 to something more like a BBM and a DLP or even a basic CM (s) and CM (a) with some personalised instructions, switching the winger to support and making the WB on the other side support instead of defend. The lone striker could maybe be on DLF s, but maybe that'd stunt the attacking play a bit much with no one to occupy the CBs when he's dropping back. I'd really suggest just going all in on reading some of the old Cleon threads, its not a guide on the perfect tactic but about how to implement the fundamentals to understanding why the tactic works.

Main thing is if you do commit to switching up your roles and maybe your instructions, try watch the full match and see if you can spot breakdowns in play, give changes a few games instead of chopping and changing every game.

You are given your players no room to play in at all. Attacking mentality and three attack duties up front will see your front three isolated, along with the pass into space and high LOE and DL you're leaving no room at all for your players to play in. 

Ibanez has the PPM 'plays with back to goal' and at your level looks OK at holding the ball up, I'd change him to a DLF-S so he can link play with your midfield. The right winger has a gets forward whenever possible PPM so doesn't need an attack duty (especially on attacking mentality). He can't cross so he's wasted as a winger, maybe try an IW-S? 

Mentality sets your d-line, pressing, individual player mentalities in relation to the mentality (if that makes sense). So on attacking your players will be aggressive, look to play at a high tempo and press high, you have gone over kill with the TIs (extremely high tempo!!?!?! why?). I'd remove almost all of them except for maybe play out of defence (depending on how good your defenders are at passing, I would be interested to see the profile of your BPD) and definitely drop your mentality down a notch and see if a less aggressive approach with role changes up front allows for better chance creation.

Your tactic looks all over the place. Needlessly aggressive instructions coupled with a poorly balanced setup of roles and duties. All 3 forwards instructed to aggressively attack space, but that space virtually does not exist due to your extreme manner of defending. Even top teams would probably struggle with a tactic like this. 

2 hours ago, DieRothosen said:

Have you tried changing up roles a little? feels like the final 3rd is left on an island with no real linkup or support from the midfield. Maybe changing the midfield 2 to something more like a BBM and a DLP or even a basic CM (s) and CM (a) with some personalised instructions, switching the winger to support and making the WB on the other side support instead of defend. The lone striker could maybe be on DLF s, but maybe that'd stunt the attacking play a bit much with no one to occupy the CBs when he's dropping back. I'd really suggest just going all in on reading some of the old Cleon threads, its not a guide on the perfect tactic but about how to implement the fundamentals to understanding why the tactic works.

Main thing is if you do commit to switching up your roles and maybe your instructions, try watch the full match and see if you can spot breakdowns in play, give changes a few games instead of chopping and changing every game.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check them out!

2 hours ago, Bluebird123 said:

You are given your players no room to play in at all. Attacking mentality and three attack duties up front will see your front three isolated, along with the pass into space and high LOE and DL you're leaving no room at all for your players to play in. 

Ibanez has the PPM 'plays with back to goal' and at your level looks OK at holding the ball up, I'd change him to a DLF-S so he can link play with your midfield. The right winger has a gets forward whenever possible PPM so doesn't need an attack duty (especially on attacking mentality). He can't cross so he's wasted as a winger, maybe try an IW-S? 

Mentality sets your d-line, pressing, individual player mentalities in relation to the mentality (if that makes sense). So on attacking your players will be aggressive, look to play at a high tempo and press high, you have gone over kill with the TIs (extremely high tempo!!?!?! why?). I'd remove almost all of them except for maybe play out of defence (depending on how good your defenders are at passing, I would be interested to see the profile of your BPD) and definitely drop your mentality down a notch and see if a less aggressive approach with role changes up front allows for better chance creation.

Here's a picture of his profile as well as what I've changed the tactic too for now https://imgur.com/a/Tl72XfM 

The reason for switching from the 4-1-4-1 and the earlier high tempo pressing was due to the president/board being up my ass about style and results. I am going to keep an eye particularly on the Forward pairing here and Left-Wing interactions, the two strikers have always struggled together as they're both naturally poachers.

You have two "destroyers" in midfield (HB and BWM) and generally I go for one destroyer, one creator and one runner in my 3 man midfields. You have the creator (RPM) but no runner, so I'd suggest switching the BWM to a midfielder with a more attacking role (e.g. CMa, MEZa) to get them forward and supporting the attack

I'd bump the left back up to a WBs, your HB will give you enough cover at the back and you need numbers and options going forwards and some width on the left with your IFa cutting inside

Try dropping the winger to a support role so your right side isn't so attacking and your wing back has a chance to overlap naturally, maybe even IWs if he can play it

If your ST can play on a support role (F9, DLFs) that would be better in a 433, otherwise he'll be very isolated from the team (especially as an AFa which is the most attacking role). I imagine he hardly touches the ball at the moment

Remove dribble less and shoot on sight, they don't really add anything