Board Requests

I've spent three years asking the board for two things - a bigger stadium and a better training ground. At Woking in 2030 - there's £73m in the bank, in the Prem for 7 seasons with all CL finishes, a CL final appearance and a Premier League title. 'Great' training facilities, which as we know is the level of a mid-level championship club. Even Brentford (bottom of the table) have state-of-the-art! Also sold out home games nearly every time now, and the option to expand stadium doesn't even appear...

I really don't understand why they consistently reject any upgrades season after season - I don't want to suggest it's to make you purchase a board request for it, but it's looking more and more like that. Can anyone explain the logic here?

• 3 weeks later...

It's ludicrous. I now have £450m in the bank through player sales, 3 x Prem winners and 2 x CL with a fully sold out stadium for three years of just 26,000. And they still won't negotiate an upgrade on that or the training facility. No-one from SI interested in responding to this? As it doesn't seem to make sense on any level.

I remember receiving a message from the board that stated they were improving the training facilities and/or youth facilities due to it complimenting the club's vision. So maybe you need to add 'Play kids from the academy' as a vision in order for the board to invest in it?

As for the new stadium, perhaps there's a max capacity hardcoded for each club? I know there used to be in much older versions.

After years of experience with this I always just buy the "Override Board" download and get these over and done with for £0.99. It shouldn't have to come to that but I just enjoy the game more and thats what its all about

I can see why you'd buy it, but that's absolutely my point - £536m in the bank now, and my facilities have actually just been downgraded due to technological advances (still, the board do nothing) and the only option i'm left with is to purchase an upgrade. If that's not a fix, I really don't know what is. 

Would love to hear some sort of explanation for this, but the silence should really tell me all I need to know.

On 21/05/2020 at 21:56, barron said:

I can see why you'd buy it, but that's absolutely my point - £536m in the bank now, and my facilities have actually just been downgraded due to technological advances (still, the board do nothing) and the only option i'm left with is to purchase an upgrade. If that's not a fix, I really don't know what is. 

Would love to hear some sort of explanation for this, but the silence should really tell me all I need to know.

This definitely sounds like a bug.

I haven't had a truly long term save but I have noticed that you can't upgrade past "Excellent" for youth as it seems to be the highest level. However, if it does drop below excellent and the board request doesn't appear I think it's a glitch.

I managed to get a new stadium (which was subsequently increased in size a couple of times) in my Wigan save. Since I’d just won the Premier League and Champions League I was hoping they’d name it after me but instead I moved into the ‘Roberto Martinez Arena’!

Maybe depends on Chairman attributes? I’d been taken over by a consortium who were later bought out by a different consortium. 

I just had my youth facilities upgraded but not due to my request but because new owners came in and improved them straight away (State of the Arts Facility now). I'm guessing this is the only way these can be improved.  

• 3 years later...