How to find regens?

I’m in my 4th season with Wigan and want to find some good regens. I’ve found a couple that my scout has recommended me but they’re far to expensive! I’ve watched a few tutorials on YouTube but wondering what’s the most effective method?

1 hour ago, Ben Hutton said:

I’m in my 4th season with Wigan and want to find some good regens. I’ve found a couple that my scout has recommended me but they’re far to expensive! I’ve watched a few tutorials on YouTube but wondering what’s the most effective method?

If you want to find them cheap it's best to scout some countries where you know you can get them cheaper if you find them early.  I always like to scout South America, Balkan regions, Scandinavia etc. And I do a lot of that scouting manually, look through clubs and assigning which players to scout. 

Some people go to world/transfers/youth intake and scout every player there but to some that feels like cheating. You can also sort players my media description in players search and look for wonderkids, promising CBs, promising midfielders etc. 

Okay thank you! Should I start by looking through Serbia I believe that’s a good nation to look at. I find the world/transfer/youth intake method too long. I’ve got a few on my shortlist from a team in Paraguay 

Also, bear in mind that a player will only get a 'Wonderkid' description once his reputation (Global reputation, I think) is high enough. Meaning you'll have to pay more to sign them than you may do for an equally-good player who's less well-known.

After whatever the regen date is for a country, lets say Italy, go into the top teams youth squads and look there. In many many many games of mine Inter & Fiorentina have always had really good youth players come through