[FM20] My Island Home

Dev'o

My Island Home

Image result for guam map

So, recently I made a friend who hails from the small island nation of Guam, well, it's not technically a nation, it's a US Island Territory.

After reading what their football set up was like, I discovered that interestingly, they are part of the AFC, despite the native Chamorro's being polynesian.

Nationally, Rovers FC have been the dominant force with six consecutive championships, against sides such as Guam Shipyard and Sidekicks FC.

But that's all about to change, the Guam football landscape is about to be changed forever.

Starting in Lower Division Group A, FC Beercelona (I sh*t you not) are about to make their mark on the Guam football scene forever.

Edited by Dev'o

Our squad of champions

j6yTLSa.png

If there's one thing I've noticed, it's that I'm going to have to invest heavily in the defense if we're going to have any chance of getting out of the second tier.

Our one goalkeeper is absolute tripe - so we'll definitely be looking to replace him as soon as we get an opportunity.

The 'Now' Men

xOYrgnJ.png

Devin Quinata is my first choice centre-back.

He literally has no other skills other than tackling, marking, heading and a bit of pace. 

He's going to be my "Kevin Muscat" of the side, me thinks.

aeYNgYN.png

Nolan Tomblor is already in Guam camps for hte national team, so it's only good that he'll play DM for us and hopefully provide decent cover for the backline.

He's strong yet resilient, and couldn't play on the wing if I paid him.

The 'next gen' - for now...

zHWr5zU.png

Aaron Sakaye will likely lead the front line for us as we strive to get promoted.

The Guam U-23 star can hopefully take his game to the next level and plunder us plenty of goals.

My Island Home
October 2019
FC Beercelona

zff9fA7.png

Couldn't have asked for a better start in front of 72 fans at home. Kirk Thomas has put his hand up to lead the line with Sakaye away on international duty. 

The game against Crushers B was never in doubt but Hiro Asoshina managed to give us that extra GD bump with two late goals and give me some selection headaches when Sakaye comes back from duty.

Our first real test came at the hands of De Yo, but captain Pele Torres (henceforth known as Guami Pele) managed to finally equalise after De Yo took the lead, before a last gasp winner by Julian Ada gave us two wins from two.

H7SDHZK.png

Solving out Goalkeeper dilemma

gkJaaHa.png

Imagine, to my surprise, after getting rid of Baza and signing interim keeper Jeff Giramar, this fella pops up in my scouts radar.

Of course he's no Schmeichel or De Gea, but he might just prove the difference in our promotion tilt.

My Island Home
November 2019
FC Beercelona

OPCp97s.png

Hiro just can't stop scoring right now, and we are loving it!

With our 4-2-4 formation we are dominating teams, especially with strong performances from our DM pairing.

The only annoying thing is now it's one match a month for the next five months. 

Terrible scheduling!

We're still a long way away from being promoted, so lets take it for what it is.

0E8udBv.png

My Island Home
December 2019
FC Beercelona

YLVS8Li.png

Another game, another dominating performance as we move six points clear (albeit with the team behind us having two games in hand).

Our profligacy is a huge issue though, with ten shots off target. 

Still, a great way to see out the year - on top!

AS2FWXc.png

The transfer window opens..

It begins...

wqfsFsn.png

q9V6HhH.png

Whilst Thomas' three goals in six games have been crucial, I'd be more disappointed to lose Yeingst.

He may have only started two games, but he's got some pretty good potential in a side that has no width.

My Island Home
January 2020
FC Beercelona

fv05Hj3.png

The scoreline flattered us in truth, but I'm glad to put a bit of breathing space between us and the chasing pack.

Our first half was flawless but little cracks creeped into our game in the second half, and even our outstanding top scorer Hiro Asoshina missed a few glorious opportunities.

But maybe, just maybe, I feel we might be able to sneak home a promotion here.

In a poetic twist of fate, I play 4th, 3rd and 2nd on the table in the last three games before the promotion playoffs.

SWRum1N.png

My Island Home
February 2020
FC Beercelona

3kinBok.png

How. Did. We. Not. Score.

Throws us back into the dogfight for promotion, and for once we actually looked the second rate team.

One thing is for sure, we need to work out stat what the issue is - we have two CRUCIAL games against Rovers II and Southern Cobras coming up.

Fu8RXqe.png

My Island Home
March 2020
FC Beercelona

o8wRceB.png

The captain steps up again! 

We probably didn't deserve to win this one either, but a well place volley on the edge of the box from Guami Pele has slammed the door shut.

If the results go our way, we may even have qualified for the playoff!

VTFS3Rp.png

My Island Home
April 2020

FC Beercelona

8WPrzU3.png

Well that was nerve wracking. 2-0 down, then 3-2 up, then 3-3 then 4-3 and a scary end to the game at 4-4.

Kirk Thomas, who turned down the Cobras in January puts the knife to them and that means...

lFenzg8.png

YL96bCG.png

tRe8IKi.png

My Island Home
May 2020
FC Beercelona

OGrRpHZ.png

Now we're really hitting our straps with Tomblor back from NT duty and Hiro again establishing why he's been our number 1 striker this season.

We have one game to go, and it's safe to say that we're pretty much odds on for promotion.

R1wxfxP.png

• 1 month later...

My Island Home
June 2020
FC Beercelona

KyEYQj4.png

WA9yCh2.png

Uh, okay.

So despite winning the promotion playoff, I don't win the title? 

Safe to say I'm confused and Hiro Asoshina will have etched his name into Beercelona folklore.

14 games, 15 goals. You might be retiring and becoming our scout this season Hiro but we'll never forget what you did for us.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your team of the season!

gwc6FTL.png

Ryota Nault naturally the signing of the season, coming in and being an absolute rock in goal.

Hiro of course snared the player of the season.

WIth a 6.91 aqverage, Joe Mateo did alright and looks to settle into the side going forward.

June 2020
My Island Home
FC Beercelona

9eCPWv0.png

We took that good form into the GFA Cup and I'll be honest, after the smash and grab job on Rovers, I thought we were legitimately a chance of snaring the silverware.

It wasn't to be and we ran out of puff in the quarter final, but a great end to the year.

Looking forward to next season

YpgXlfr.png

Top flight football baby!

Hopefully no weird fixture matchdays should see us quickly establish where we fit into the whole football landscape next year.

That said, I feel that with 24 games we should be able to stay up. 

25 points was the magic number last year, so we'll be gunning for 30 (comfortable mid table)

19 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Holy cow, this is done in my database and I didn't even notice untill now :lol:

Great read so far, this looks really fun despite the small issues it seems to have. 

Thanks for the feedback @Minuy600, yep it's your editor data!

Hopefully I can continue on and get somewhere in Asia!

August 2020
Fixtures Released

qUznBUa.png

Guam, where the highlights of the season are the first and final days! :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

I kinda realised that too but would've liked to see you continue either way. Ah well. At least you made me much more inspired to continue working on it, thanks for that.

Oh yeah man, no doubt it's great work.

Just kinda cut the story short when I couldn't bring any money into Guami football.