Differences between touch and the full game

Hey everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, but I'd love a bit of feedback on this topic.

As someone who has played FM for decades, but now has a young family with less time on my hands, is FM Touch still something I would enjoy?  It seems as though the core elements are still there that I would enjoy (scouting, transfers, match day etc) but I'd love to know what isn't there compared to the full game.  

With time at a premium, I'm leaning towards Touch, but if it's missing too much stuff then I'll roll with the full game and see how it goes.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Hey everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, but I'd love a bit of feedback on this topic.

As someone who has played FM for decades, but now has a young family with less time on my hands, is FM Touch still something I would enjoy?  It seems as though the core elements are still there that I would enjoy (scouting, transfers, match day etc) but I'd love to know what isn't there compared to the full game.  

With time at a premium, I'm leaning towards Touch, but if it's missing too much stuff then I'll roll with the full game and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Yes, I still think you would enjoy it. Tactics & ME are the same.

Staff are streamlined. You only hire key personnel like an Assistant Manager, Chief Scout, Head of Youth Development instead of the many staff you'll have on the full game. Player interactions are minimal and the effect of morale is non-existent. Player dynamics exist in a simplified form in FMT.

My recommendation is to try out the demo of the main game and the Touch version on Steam and then make your mind up. If you're still in doubt after that, I'd recommend purchasing the main game as you get FMT free with it (only for PC).

17 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Yes, I still think you would enjoy it. Tactics & ME are the same.

Staff are streamlined. You only hire key personnel like an Assistant Manager, Chief Scout, Head of Youth Development instead of the many staff you'll have on the full game. Player interactions are minimal and the effect of morale is non-existent. Player dynamics exist in a simplified form in FMT.

My recommendation is to try out the demo of the main game and the Touch version on Steam and then make your mind up. If you're still in doubt after that, I'd recommend purchasing the main game as you get FMT free with it (only for PC).

Great response.  I appreciate that.  

I don't mind the staff aspect, or the morale part, as they are only small parts of the game to me.  

I might go and have a crack at the demo, but the feedback was just what I was after!  Thanks!

I fully converted to FMT last year after playing CM and then FM for years, much prefer FMT, full FM just seems so bloated to me these days, I would always get my backroom staff to handle pretty much everything anyway, it even became tedious and time consuming to assign each and every job to them!

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I miss from the full FM in FMT is feeling better interactions with the team (i.e. team talks) - other than its a no brainer for me. Especially considering I don't have time to sit at a PC and have also learned how to play FMT on non-supported devices that I can actually fit in my pocket - FMT goes everywhere with me then :)

Not to mention the season is far quicker. During the time you spend between two matches in full FM, in FMT you can make 3 to 4 matches or more if you are in hurry.

You have an added bonus, its called DLCs. they can add a few something interesting and fun tweaks to your save. Sure they are priced, but a lot of DLCs can be earned during your career mode, except the more money aspect.

I'm doing an LLM, without being fired from my position. This is my first LLM, that way i'm not worried of being fired, if i make some mistake. But another user here in forums told something that I might experience with. An LLM with all players interested in joining your club. That might actual be a lot of fun. ;)

Edited by grade