Loans without 100% wages not possibe

Hi folks. I've encountered an issue with the game that I haven't seen discussed elsewhere, so I'm asking for a little help to see if it is a global issue or it is something I'm doing.

The issue is that I can't find a single player available for loan that does not require a 100% wage contribution. I started using Dulwich Hamlet in Conference South. When you filter the player search for players that are listed for loan, there must be a couple of hundred or so players that are available and interested, however every single one requires a 100% wage contribution. I've now tried this as Fleetwood, Colchester and Nottingham Forest and it is the same every time. Many players available for loan, many of whom are interested, however not a single one without 100% of wages.

I appreciate that this doesn't have to be a 'bug', however it is strange. Whilst I'm sure that player loans IRL do often incur some kind of cost, there is no doubt that 'free' loans are a thing and do happen, especially at lower levels. It could be that this is a conscious decision for this edition of the game, and if it is so be it, but it is quite a departure from previous editions, where some loan players were available for 0% contribution.

I've raised it as a bug in the relevant section of the forum, but I wanted to ask the wider community if this is something that they have encountered also. It could be significant that I am playing FMT, not 'full fat', so it's possible the issue is specific to that version of the game.

Any feedback would be very welcome. Have people been securing loans other than those with 100% wage contributions? If anyone playing full fat could give it a try, ideally with Dulwich, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for your time folks

Think a lot of IRL loans this season have had significant fee's and wages attached for prospects, so perhaps the game has finally ditched the unrealistic 'loan the world' market and you'll get favourable loan deals from parent clubs only.

I too noticed this, and it does not seem to be entirely reciprocal. I have several players on loan at lower division clubs who are not being paid by that club (and that were on loan at the start of the game). It seems like a bug, since higher division sides who want to loan players to lower division sides for experience should not demand you pay their wages.

27 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I too noticed this, and it does not seem to be entirely reciprocal. I have several players on loan at lower division clubs who are not being paid by that club (and that were on loan at the start of the game). It seems like a bug, since higher division sides who want to loan players to lower division sides for experience should not demand you pay their wages.

Hi mate, thanks for the reply. I guess you've found the same situation then. Do you mind me asking, are you playing full FM or FMT?

Have been using the loan system quite a bit and I agree it's very rare to get anyone for less than 100% wages. The only one I got for free was off at Dortmund who were my parent club. Even they wanted wages for most of the players.

Certainly makes the game more interesting, I've used almost all my transfer budget to expand my wage budget just to cover the loans :D

41 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I've read that increasingly they are. Not because the money makes a huge difference to them, but because they feel that a side who's committed to pay the wages is more likely to respect the player, see them as a real asset, and give them minutes even if they don't immediately perform. Whereas if the player is a total freebie, there may be an attitude that they can see if he improves them, and if he doesn't then he can just be dropped with no loss incurred.