[FM19] Ain't no mountain high enough

Dev'o

Image result for nepal soccer team logo

A Nepalese adventure

Image result for mount everest nepal kathmandu valley

After watching my Socceroos take on the Nepalese, I figured I just had to take up the challenge of raising the standard of Nepalese football. Let's not forget Gary Phillips (another aussie) is a technical director there, so I guess there's some sort of narrative. Is the Nepalese booze any good?

I've also loaded up the other nations of SAFF - Bhutan, Afghanistan (formerly), Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India, The Maldives and Bangladesh.

My aims? Go from the absolute bottom of the Nepali pyramid, eventually take over the Nepalese national team and take them into at least the world top 100.

Nepalese C-Division

Social Welfare Sports Center Club

Image result for social welfare sports centre

Well, there have been worst places to start off than a team called social welfare.

Oh and I have a budget of zero, and the team is amateur. 

Fun times.

17 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

These types of saves are always a good read -- good luck!

Thanks I'll try and keep the faith...

Pre-season season ticket sales

8yluGbw.png

At first I thought it was my mum, but as it turns out it was this old dude, I'mma call him Thanjit.

Image result for old nepalese man smiling

3 hours ago, Dev'o said:

Thanks I'll try and keep the faith...

Pre-season season ticket sales

8yluGbw.png

At first I thought it was my mum, but as it turns out it was this old dude, I'mma call him Thanjit.

Image result for old nepalese man smiling

When you google translate Thanjit from Hindi to English you get "strapped" and you certainly are with a budget of zero and 1 season-ticket sale. 

d78c11430274158ca899ab44b6a0f3f5.png

I expect to hear regular updates from Thanjit. 

Good luck. :thup:

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

When you google translate Thanjit from Hindi to English you get "strapped" and you certainly are with a budget of zero and 1 season-ticket sale. 

d78c11430274158ca899ab44b6a0f3f5.png

I expect to hear regular updates from Thanjit. 

Good luck. :thup:

Completely unintentional - I assure you.

Therefore, a masterstroke.

January 2018
C-Division
Social Welfare Sports Centre

The Squad

3cGuJUE.png

Never has there been a hive of such sherpic ability. Or football ability. I'm not quite sure yet. Durka Bajracharya is a player I've brought down from A-Division, but obviously there's a lot of regens here. In fact, I basically just offered all of my grey players contracts. That should do the trick until my scout gets his **** together.

I supposed Dhogada will be our main goal threat, with Binod Dongol, who I'm sure is Thanjit's grandson our first choice goalkeeper.\

I've gone with a 4-1-4-1 wide, and given the fact I'm spoiled for choice, this is how Social Welfare will likely line up this season.

hUBpgOk.png

Edited by Dev'o

January 2018
C-Division

Results

BiaRBrg.png

Image result for aha take on me

But we progressed in the Aa-ha cup... geddit?

I can see Thanjit grooving away in the stands as we belt this out post our first round cup clash with Machindra Bahal. 

Deepak Surwal has proven to be a bit of a surprise packet, but then I realised that is because he is the only 'rated' player on the right wing.

So long as he keeps scoring goals, I really don't care though.

Edited by Dev'o

eAM96av.png

Uh, we're the smaller team here? 

Okay the footballing pyramid in Nepal is WEIRD

From what I can tell, there are two first-tier competitions in the form of the National League and the A-Division?

Nepal Army are in the top tier, yet we are bigger?

SO CONFUSED.

February 2018
C-Division

4J0Dg32.png

YVNjzCu.png

Another solid month, and already a quarter through the season (!) 

We clearly have no issue scoring goals in the competition, but our big test will come in the cup tie and clash against Sangam next month.

Edited by Dev'o

15 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I'm expecting you to reach the heights of Nepal.

Given the fact that Nepal is at the foot of Mt. Everest, you don't have high hopes for me :(

March 2018
C-Division

nI4oHZl.png

Another easy month, but there's been no real standouts from my team, although we now play some A-Division side in the next round of the cup.

April 2018
C-Division

TSSba5w.png

8BnNI79.png

"Ohhhhhh we're halfway there...."

Image result for nepal people dancing

Thanjit has led the locals on a rousing version of Livin' on a Prayer to celebrate reaching the halfway point of the season (!)

Dhanbir Lal Singh has led the way in terms of his goalscoring feats with 5 goals in 6 matches. 

This is nothing on Deepak Lama though, who has scored 10 goals in 9 games for Galaxian Club in their C-Division group, with his side only scoring 11 goals in total.

Taking cups into account he's scored 11 in 11 overall including cup ties, it's safe to say I'm scouting the HELL out of him.

We will need some dollars in soon though, we're 574 quid in the red.

On 15/10/2019 at 13:16, Dev'o said:

Given the fact that Nepal is at the foot of Mt. Everest, you don't have high hopes for me :(

March 2018
C-Division

nI4oHZl.png

Another easy month, but there's been no real standouts from my team, although we now play some A-Division side in the next round of the cup.

If you reach the top of Nepal, you're as high as you can be anywhere.

On 22/10/2019 at 13:13, bigmattb28 said:

I love saves like this, absolute nobody in the footballing world and going up. Will you be staying at the same club or moving around? Good luck, you're gonna need it

I feel as though I'd be doing Social Welfare injustice if I didn't at least make them the most succesful Nepalese team in the history on the nation. So likely a one club save yes, as well as nation.

May 2018
C-Division

DW5n63V.png

Two solid away wins, as Bajracharya starts to really cement himself in his DM role.

It also means that we're through to the QUARTER FINALS of the national cup - insane.

9 games. 9 wins. I think we're on for a perfect season.

Touch wood.

TOWFlUy.png