(FMT19) Fallen Empires Are Ruling (or is it running? Still can't work those lyrics out!:) A 30-year plan to depose Bayern & PSG

withnail316

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Hope you don't mind, but I'm considering a bit of a swerve with the save. After a couple of Bundesliga titles and a Champions Cup, I suppose I *could* consider Bayern "vanquished", so my eyes have wandered to France.  

I was replaced by Juve's Max Allegri in Berlin, and then something weird happened. Considering Italy is not one of the three countries I have loaded, I was most surprised to see this:

674619702_JohanAndersen_Inbox-5.thumb.png.f011191174abc379ce380386e43bcb90.png

They don't suit the profile of club I'd be interested in anyway, but I'm not taking a job with no domestic football. It would be as weird as the time Rangers offered a contract to Ronaldo in the late 90s, telling him he'd only have to play in European games and against Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Where are you fancying to manage next?

All eyes are on Ligue 1. Maybe a nice place down on the south coast, but I'm not fussy. Just going to go on holiday for a couple of months and see what comes up. 

It's the middle of December, and three Ligue 1 clubs have just sacked their manager. I've been dropping hints about wanting one of the jobs in the press for the last couple of weeks, and they've now pulled the trigger on their manager with the club sat in 17th in the table, one point clear of the relegation play-off spot. It is the job I want, but if I don't get it, I'll happily talk to the other two clubs as well. 

Ah, yes. Another thread in which I can post gifs of allegedly German people drinking large beers.

giphy.gif

My guess on all those red shirts on that stadium is you've either moved to Lille or Rennes?? Most probably Lille?

13 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Ah, yes. Another thread in which I can post gifs of allegedly German people drinking large beers.

giphy.gif

My guess on all those red shirts on that stadium is you've either moved to Lille or Rennes?? Most probably Lille?

Lille and Rennes were the other two clubs to sack their managers! I'm not at either of them, though. 

403776795_Niceclubbadge.png.5d901614de6f9f2dccb9b76d4fd1440d.png

Olympique Gymnaste Club de Nice
(With thanks to wiki)

Olympique Gymnaste Club Nice, commonly referred to as OGC Nice or simply Nice, is a French association football club based in Nice. The club was founded in 1904 and currently plays in Ligue 1, the top tier of French football. Nice plays its home matches at the Allianz Riviera.

Nice was founded under the name Gymnaste Club de Nice and is one of the founding members of the first division of French football. The club has won Ligue 1 four times, the Trophee des Champions one time and the Coupe de France three times. It achieved most of its honours in the 1950s with the club being managed by coaches such as Numa Andoire, Englishman William Berry, and Jean Luciano. The club's last honour was winning the Coupe de France in 1997 after defeating Guingamp 4–3 on penalties in the final. Nice's colours are red and black. During the club's successful run in the 1950s, Nice were among the first French clubs to successfully integrate internationals players into the fold. Notable players include Héctor De Bourgoing, Pancho Gonzales, Victor Nurenberg, and Joaquín Valle, the latter being the club's all-time leading goalscorer and arguably greatest player.

Nice's Allianz Riviera stadium has a capacity of 35,596 people and replaces the city's former stadium Stade Municipal du Ray. Construction started in 2011 and was completed two years later. The stadium's opening was on 22 September 2013, for a match between OGC Nice and Valenciennes. The stadium hosted four games in the 2016 European Championships, including England's infamous defeat to Iceland. 

allianz_riviera.thumb.jpg.48a64e662b7c61efeb6387dfc6933620.jpg

(From FM)

The club has just over 12,000 season tickets, great training facilities and superb youth facilities. The club finished 7th last season, their best finish since 16/17, when they finished 3rd on Ligue 1. Gio van Bronckhorst had lost his job with the club in 17th, and having only won three league games all season.  

Early weeks

2119981731_OGCNice_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.1e9416a38397529071f11f181b40ce81.png

875786241_Ligue1Conforama_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.c95c89ed1937578caa04bc9af9745f09.png

Things are certainly looking a little brighter now. We will be having a little look at a top-half finish if we can keep up anything like this kind of form.

I have made a couple of signings to help flesh out the squad, one on a permanent deal and the other on an 18 month loan. We were very short in midfield, and Adrian Fein was on the transfer list at Schalke. €2.5m was a little more than I wanted to pay, but he looks pretty steady. Kelvin Amian meanwhile gives us a second right back - we only had one including youth and reserve players.

730707542_AdrianFein_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.eee5f72865521ebc8bf98b6caa543510.png1680947738_KelvinAmian_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.314f0e69b9b86f3d2b2503880531080f.png

I've also made a signing for next season. Boubacar Kamara will start every week when he's fit.

2090279686_BoubacarKamara_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.9a83d2104317ea1be0a3a517bd952bd2.png