Need Help! Player sold without my knowledge.

Hello, I'm currently playing a Man Utd save and at the start of my 4th season my player got sold without any approval from me. So the story is i received a couple of offers from Inter (loan wit option to buy and straight up buy option) and i've rejected all of the bids. The player himself had no interest in joining Inter. So a few days later his agent approached asked for improved contract terms and i walked away due to high demands. Then everything goes back to normal. A week after the English window closed, i received a message from DoF saying that player has been sold and im furious now. My board did not even approach me before selling him or at least state that they've decided to overrule my decision. And keep in mind i am in full control of transfers. So my question is, is this a bug? 

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

6 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Without a lot more details, it is hard to be sure.  Depending on the club finances, it is possible that an offer came in that the board felt was too good to refuse. It is frustrating but it does happen

My club finances are 'rich'. Maybe it is due to my projected failure in the player wages FFP? Could that be a possible explanation? image.thumb.png.3c884f0c146c0188685d2f28f889922d.png

Are you sure it wasn't a minimum release clause?

Kind of related to this, for the first time ever in my 20 years playing this game, last week my team bought a player without any knowledge or permission from me whatsoever.  Fortunately the kid is a stud.

On 03/09/2019 at 18:33, MrPompey said:

I would check what decisions the Director of Football is able to make, perhaps selling players without your say so is one of them 

No. all responsibilities are under my control ie first team transfers 

On 03/09/2019 at 23:01, chemik said:

Are you sure it wasn't a minimum release clause?

Kind of related to this, for the first time ever in my 20 years playing this game, last week my team bought a player without any knowledge or permission from me whatsoever.  Fortunately the kid is a stud.

there was no release clause in his contract

I expect it was exactly this - The Board have agreed the sale which they can obviously do and I expect a news item to inform you of this has slipped your notice which can do sometimes with the volume of in box items