Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bardi it came up i had an out of date driver but i cant download it says i have 2 purchase it . Its an audio driver will that even make a diffrence 2 it ? U gt msn by any chance so i can talk on tht rather than postin all the time lol ?

Unfortunately I'm unable to get on MSN from where I am currently.

A new audio driver shouldn't make a difference, but I'm pretty sure your graphics accelerator's drivers are not the latest, as your current set is more than 3 years old.

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=5&ArticleID=365 - have a read of that.

http://www.tkarena.com/forums/via-arena/ - maybe make a post there to be re-directed to your latest drivers.

Try running the game directly (as opposed to via Steam) by going to:

C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2009

Thanks Bardi. (Your reply was regarding an error i posted about the program being currently unavailable, please try again later - although its never available!)

I've tried to click on the activator (application icon) but nothing happened, could you please advise.

Thanks.

Thanks Bardi. (Your reply was regarding an error i posted about the program being currently unavailable, please try again later - although its never available!)

I've tried to click on the activator (application icon) but nothing happened, could you please advise.

Thanks.

There's a fm.exe file in that folder that you should be clicking on in order to run the game.

Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver WinXP64 6.14.10.4543

I FOUND THAT BARDI THT ANY USE 2 ME ?

None of that information is of any help to me in identifying the exact graphics accelerator you are using. Personally, I would post as much information as possible (including the above) on their forums, and be patient while you wait for a reply.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I am at the end of my season, about to play the play-offs, i then get dumped out of the game with:

Error xml:

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 speed.xml

how is this matter resolved, please help, i dont want to take back to the shop and get a refund!.....

thanks

mark

Bardi

I re-ran the installation and there is know a appid_10540 icon within the folder you told me to try (...common). when clicking on this it still came up with the unavailable error.

thanks again for your help!

Something fishy happened when you installed FM 09 via Steam.

Try un-installing/re-installing FM 09, first.

If that doesn't work, try un-installing/re-installing Steam altogether.

I am at the end of my season, about to play the play-offs, i then get dumped out of the game with:

Error xml:

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 speed.xml

how is this matter resolved, please help, i dont want to take back to the shop and get a refund!.....

thanks

mark

You must delete your cache.

- Make sure FM is not running.

- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)

- On Windows Vista: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)

- On Mac OS X: /Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)

- Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"

- Now try to run the game.

Once you have, restart your game.

Hi again... new problem... every on of my saved games that i try and play after about a minute an error comes up sayin something about a crash dump... and then a wee while later it says fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Please help...game was running fine before this for 2 or 3 days.

Once again Please Help!!!

Thanks

First message error thing says. "A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in: D101GY1J/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/crash dumps

OK

P.S do you want to know the fm.exe error report.

Hi again... new problem... every on of my saved games that i try and play after about a minute an error comes up sayin something about a crash dump... and then a wee while later it says fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Please help...game was running fine before this for 2 or 3 days.

Once again Please Help!!!

Thanks

Does your game crash after you have loaded a save game?

Have you tried playing in 'Windowed' mode?

Hello everyone.

Here is the problem that's driving me nuts:

Each time I'm about to play a game, FM 09 crushes (right after I have submitted my team). No error message - the game simply freezes.

FYI, I have installed the latest driver for my display, I have installed the FM 09 patch as well as the Direct X package (DXS DK).

Also, I have installed the game via Unilock, as Steam did not work.

What gives? I would really appreciate some help, as I have already spent loads of time on this thing.

Thanks a million.

Hello everyone.

Here is the problem that's driving me nuts:

Each time I'm about to play a game, FM 09 crushes (right after I have submitted my team). No error message - the game simply freezes.

FYI, I have installed the latest driver for my display, I have installed the FM 09 patch as well as the Direct X package (DXS DK).

Also, I have installed the game via Unilock, as Steam did not work.

What gives? I would really appreciate some help, as I have already spent loads of time on this thing.

Thanks a million.

This should be solved if you change to playing in 'Windowed' mode.

You can do so via Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound -> Display Mode (drop menu).

You must delete your cache.

Once you have, restart your game.

I have just deleted the Cache folder

C drive - users - my name - appdata - roaming - sports interactive - fm2009 -

i previously deleted the cache folder as advised, restarted laptop, loaded saved game but problem still persited.

i hae just gone back into folder and the cache folder is there again.

please advise.

Hi

I was previously having a problem with the game freezing on start-up, I appeared to have fixed this by running the game windowed as suggested on here, however the game now freezes in the same way whenever I click on 'preferences'!

Although I haven't extensively tested it, I don't think it freezes at any other times, eg the 3D mode works absolutely fine! It's just literally every time I click on preferences.

Can anyone help? Apologies if this problem has been dealt with but I did a search and found nothing.

having played on fm with the default skin i downloaded a custom one and placed it in the correct folder, then after exiting the game and loading up fm again i get a black screen after fm has loaded, i deleted the skin that i had put in but i still get the black screen after loading making it impossible to play the game. I've reinstalled the game and i still get the same black screen even after deleting the custom skin, i've tried deleting the appsdata file and i still get the black screen after the loading screen, any ideas on how to sort this out? taking into account that i could play it fine before changing the skin

Hi, I bought the game today, and have tried to install it this afternoon. When I put the disk into my DVD drive the 'Install Anywhere' box automatically comes up, but after around 40/50% it automatically closes itself, and then nothing else happens. I have tried restarting the computer and going through my computer and opening the setup file within the game, but exactly the same thing happens. Any ideas? Thanks

I am yet to buy the game as the demo is not working for me and i dont want to risk buying the full game incase i cant get that to work either, especially as it looks like lots of people are having prblems with it. Is there any way to fix my problem with the demo?

The problem i have with the demo is the game just doesnt start. Initially it had the error with the graphics but after downloading the latest directx i no longer get that error message...i get no error message at all. When i go to start the game (the actual game, not a match) it starts to load...albeit slowly...i get no error message and then it just stops, its almost as if its trying to load but really slow cos the system cant hack it? have left it for ages but still it doesnt load. I'm pretty sure my system meets the minimum requirement:

-intel pentium 4 processor 515 (2.93GHz, 1MB, FSB533)

-512 MB DDR

-80GB HDD (7200rpm) - 60GB free

=16x DVDRW Multi (Double Layer)

-WLAN (802.11b/g)

I appreciate that my system is not the greatest and that the game will probably run slow but i should at least be able to run it. I have tried both the strawberry and vanilla demos with the same problems, cant even get to a point where i can do quickstart, new game etc. I dont want to be stuck with fm08 for the rest of my life but i'm not prepared to buy the full game whilst theres a chance it wont work.

thanks.

:)

I am yet to buy the game as the demo is not working for me and i dont want to risk buying the full game incase i cant get that to work either, especially as it looks like lots of people are having prblems with it. Is there any way to fix my problem with the demo?

The problem i have with the demo is the game just doesnt start. Initially it had the error with the graphics but after downloading the latest directx i no longer get that error message...i get no error message at all. When i go to start the game (the actual game, not a match) it starts to load...albeit slowly...i get no error message and then it just stops, its almost as if its trying to load but really slow cos the system cant hack it? have left it for ages but still it doesnt load. I'm pretty sure my system meets the minimum requirement:

-intel pentium 4 processor 515 (2.93GHz, 1MB, FSB533)

-512 MB DDR

-80GB HDD (7200rpm) - 60GB free

=16x DVDRW Multi (Double Layer)

-WLAN (802.11b/g)

I appreciate that my system is not the greatest and that the game will probably run slow but i should at least be able to run it. I have tried both the strawberry and vanilla demos with the same problems, cant even get to a point where i can do quickstart, new game etc. I dont want to be stuck with fm08 for the rest of my life but i'm not prepared to buy the full game whilst theres a chance it wont work.

thanks.

hi boywonder...im not sure if this will help but did the error mention something to do with graphics?

btw my advice is to buy the game and take a chance...tons of peaoles games have worked fine...but keep the reciept just in case it doesnt.:)

Haven't been able to find a solution as yet, although others seem to have had similar problems.

I have a Macbook

2Ghz Intel Core duo

2GB memory

Graphics: Intel GMA 950 (I know this doesn't match exact spec, but have seen plenty of people that have it working with this card)

The game installed fine, but when I click the .app, I get the usual logos and club disclaimer, but then a totally white screen. I can move the cursor, but thats it!

Please please help!

here is my problems..

1. game takes ages to load at start up

2. when games on takes ages if u click continue but if u minimize the game then open it its a black screen if u move the cursor about it loads. why cant it just do that when im playing the game any solutions pleaseeeee ??

ps. bought this game the day it came out been buying all of them but this 1 i havent played once please some 1 help.

:)

hi boywonder...im not sure if this will help but did the error mention something to do with graphics?

btw my advice is to buy the game and take a chance...tons of peaoles games have worked fine...but keep the reciept just in case it doesnt.:)

i had the graphics error but since i downloaded direct x i dont get that error any more. i dont get any errors, it just doesnt load at all

I am getting passing xml passing errors only when trying to start a match the game has been working fine since release. im on vista. can someone please advise on the best course of action to fix this issue. As found several options on forums. Many thanks. Feels like a suspension
I get a xml parsing error message with the following message:

mismatched tag at line 52 of config.xml

record>

I followed the instructions as suggested and can now get the game to play but as soon as I try to change to a new skin or tick the "reload skin on confrim" It crashes with the same message. How can I get to use another skin without it crashing?

It's only just started with this problem today, before I played it with another skin with no problems. I have downloaded facepacks and add on graphics would this make a difference? This is the only thing that has changed from the last time I played the game.

Thanks

hi i keep getting xml parsing errors when i go to play my first game i tried the solution but it wont let me change the target field i am off to iraq soon i really need this game to work to pass time any one please help

Bardi has replied to you but not to step on his toes i think i may be of help.

Alimac especially, your problem is almost certain to be a facepack problem, all it needs is for one spelling mistake or error in a facepack config file to produce that error, if you have installed several facepacks just remove(not delete) them all from your graphics folder, then re-add them one at a time until you recreate the original error, if you have installed hundreds of facepacks and have them sorted into leagues just re-add them a league at a time.

Either way you should be able to track down the facepack giving the error, you can then just leave that pack out or open that facepacks config file and repair the error yourself if you know how.

Stustar and Peepod - could be the same for you two but i'm not sure without more detail of the error messages, if your messages happens when you start FM2009 up then i would say Facepacks, if when already playing then i would say its not a facepack problem.

Sorry forgot to add - also check all other bits and pieces you may have added, kits, logo's, icons etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I look at a crash dump that keeps being created after I have edited the database and try to start a new game.

I have asked for help with this several times but either people don't know or cant be fussed.

I have always edited the database and this has never happended in previous versions.

What the hell can Ibe doing wrong, I have put literally hours into doing this database and I can't use it

Please please help me

Thanks

Tim Carrington

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I look at a crash dump that keeps being created after I have edited the database and try to start a new game.

I have asked for help with this several times but either people don't know or cant be fussed.

I have always edited the database and this has never happended in previous versions.

What the hell can Ibe doing wrong, I have put literally hours into doing this database and I can't use it

Please please help me

Thanks

Tim Carrington

Dont think looking at it will help anyway mate, if you have edited the database and as it would appear you have made a error, you will have to find the error you made.

What i do is edit - save - start new game if it loaded OK - exit,

You know the database is ok, so more editing, repeating the process, editing in small burst so if you make an error you'll find it.

Sucks to have to start again if you can't find the error but may be the only way mate.

I am getting the error message not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of profile0.xml

Can this be fixed with the xml parsing error method?

Hi there. I bought Football Manager 09 yesterday, and played it perfectly for a couple of hours. Today, when I got home and went to upload, I got the following error:

Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml

It goes to the main page but will not let me load my already saved game. If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ediz. =)

Remove (not delete) all the graphical extras you have added, facepacks,icons,kits and skins etc from the graphics folder, then see if you still get the errors, if not then you know its something you have added that is the problem, re-add them one by one until you find the error bringer.

Hello again I followed the steps you suggested and installed the patch, direct x update and drivers update however I still get the same response (Football Manager 2009 has stopped working.......)

I did re-install the game after taking these steps and at the end of the installation it said there had been an error within the installation, check the installation log. This perhaps happened each time I installed as it did not pop up and so in my haste to complete the installation I missed it. I checked the log and it says there is one error with the installation which is non-fatal(apparently). I looked through the entire log with every file install successful until i came close to the bottom where i found this :

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

It seems pretty innocuous to me but is evidently what is causing the problem, more help would be great as i haven't got a clue how to go about sorting that myself.

P.S - Why is there always just the one guy sorting everyone out, it was the same with live, bewildering

Hi guys

ive searched through the thread but couldnt find an answer for my problem, Ive even searched google but still couldnt get to the root

of the issue. Ive installed FM and installed Steam and activated the game but when I go to launch either through Stream or the shortcut

on the desktop I get an error saying

Runtime Error!

R6002

- floating point support not loaded

It does this everytime I try and run the game and wont let me do anything else. Can anyone help me Im dying to play the game!

thanks in advance for any help

::EDIT::

I found that if I run the latest patch ( I thought Steam already did this) it got rid of the error but now when I double click the shortcut

or try and launch through Steam I get the error saying - fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close and it wont launch

anyone know how to resolve this please?

Hi guys

ive searched through the thread but couldnt find an answer for my problem, Ive even searched google but still couldnt get to the root

of the issue. Ive installed FM and installed Steam and activated the game but when I go to launch either through Stream or the shortcut

on the desktop I get an error saying

Runtime Error!

R6002

- floating point support not loaded

It does this everytime I try and run the game and wont let me do anything else. Can anyone help me Im dying to play the game!

thanks in advance for any help

::EDIT::

I found that if I run the latest patch ( I thought Steam already did this) it got rid of the error but now when I double click the shortcut

or try and launch through Steam I get the error saying - fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close and it wont launch

anyone know how to resolve this please?

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2267768&postcount=3560

Archived