Switch ball to other flank (without ppm)

How do i make the team switch the ball to the other flank more often, without having the ppm?

Tried to search for the topic but did not find it.

Can I implement a tactic where only the wingers try to do it ? from one winger to another.

Aim crosses to far post PI maybe?

I do love the actual PPM though, especially on a central midfielder, spraying the ball around.

Another way might be to have your wingers more advanced and your central striker dropping off deep?

The game don«t have a team instruction to tell the team to switch the ball to the other flank.

If you want to make your wingers to do that, without learning the trait, you could give them the instrution to take more risky passes. Apart from that, it all comes down to the player attributes (decision, passing, vision, etc).

But, why don't you make the players you want to do that learn the trait?

8 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

The game don«t have a team instruction to tell the team to switch the ball to the other flank.

If you want to make your wingers to do that, without learning the trait, you could give them the instrution to take more risky passes. Apart from that, it all comes down to the player attributes (decision, passing, vision, etc).

But, why don't you make the players you want to do that learn the trait?

Sometimes i faces teams that are very defensive. I kind of want the team to switch flank more often and go 1vs1 against their fullbacks. But OK more risky passes do that + attributes. 

1 hour ago, Linusovic said:

Sometimes i faces teams that are very defensive. I kind of want the team to switch flank more often and go 1vs1 against their fullbacks

You actually want to create overloads. There are various ways to do that, depending on the formation you use and your general playing style. Basically, you need to set up the system in such a way as to make your attacking build-ups go primarily through one side of the pitch (your team) by using a lot of support duties there (including a playmaker), while on the other side you have 1-2 player(s) on attack duty who is supposed to be on the receiving and of those passes from the other flank. Let's say for example that you play in a 4141dm wide formation. One possible way to create this kind of overlap could be this:

DLFsu

Wat                                       IFsu

CMat     DPLsu

ACM

IWBde     CD      CD      WBsu

You can see in this example that the right side is dominated by support duties, with the playmaker (DLPsu) also being there, in order to encourage the build-up of your attacks on that side. On the left, you have two attack-duty players - winger and left CM - who are ready to attack spaces in their respective areas. The left back is on defend duty in order to provide defensive cover for these two attack-minded guys in front of him. Of course, you need to set up team instructions in the right way as well, in order to support this style of play.

You can also do this when playing with other formations using the same principle. A 442 example:

DLFsu    PO

IWsu     DLPsu    CMde     Wat

WBsu      CD      CD      WBde

Here the focus of your attacking build-up is on the left, while the attacking edge is on the right.

2 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

You actually want to create overloads. There are various ways to do that, depending on the formation you use and your general playing style. Basically, you need to set up the system in such a way as to make your attacking build-ups go primarily through one side of the pitch (your team) by using a lot of support duties there (including a playmaker), while on the other side you have 1-2 player(s) on attack duty who is supposed to be on the receiving and of those passes from the other flank. Let's say for example that you play in a 4141dm wide formation. One possible way to create this kind of overlap could be this:

DLFsu

Wat                                       IFsu

CMat     DPLsu

ACM

IWBde     CD      CD      WBsu

You can see in this example that the right side is dominated by support duties, with the playmaker (DLPsu) also being there, in order to encourage the build-up of your attacks on that side. On the left, you have two attack-duty players - winger and left CM - who are ready to attack spaces in their respective areas. The left back is on defend duty in order to provide defensive cover for these two attack-minded guys in front of him. Of course, you need to set up team instructions in the right way as well, in order to support this style of play.

You can also do this when playing with other formations using the same principle. A 442 example:

DLFsu    PO

IWsu     DLPsu    CMde     Wat

WBsu      CD      CD      WBde

Here the focus of your attacking build-up is on the left, while the attacking edge is on the right.

Oh cool, I will try it out. Thanks for two great examples.

36 minutes ago, Linusovic said:

Oh cool, I will try it out. Thanks for two great examples.

I don't know which formation you use. If you use some other than these two, I wouldn't suggest changing it only for the sake of emulating this setup. You can achieve this with almost any system, just follow the principle and always take care to have solid defensive cover.

25 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I don't know which formation you use. If you use some other than these two, I wouldn't suggest changing it only for the sake of emulating this setup. You can achieve this with almost any system, just follow the principle and always take care to have solid defensive cover.

I am using 4-2-3-1 and are trying out the principles right now. Do you have any team instructions to recommend?

2 hours ago, Linusovic said:

I am using 4-2-3-1 and are trying out the principles right now. Do you have any team instructions to recommend?

A 4231 is a bit more tricky system due to its top-heavy structure. I would first like to see how you have set up roles and duties before I could recommend instructions.

I actually found this working pretty good.

(DLF-A)

W(A)     AM(S)      IF(S)

CM(SU) DLP(SU)

WB(s)   CD(ST) CD(CO)   WB(S)

This kind of works, sometimes winger 1vs1, sometimes cross from WB(s)(left one). Depending on phase of attack.

Positive. Fluid shape.

On 22/05/2019 at 11:11, Linusovic said:

How do i make the team switch the ball to the other flank more often, without having the ppm?

Tried to search for the topic but did not find it.

Can I implement a tactic where only the wingers try to do it ? from one winger to another.

"Play Wider" tends to force the players to send the ball wide. That said, I don't know about only having the wingers doing that. I'd maybe play them as WPM/AP so that they're targeted by their teammates more often, then give them instructions regarding their passing behaviour. I'd obviously avoid other playmakers in other positions.

5 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:
1 hour ago, BMNJohn said:

"Play Wider" tends to force the players to send the ball wide. That said, I don't know about only having the wingers doing that. I'd maybe play them as WPM/AP so that they're targeted by their teammates more often, then give them instructions regarding their passing behaviour. I'd obviously avoid other playmakers in other positions.

I have thought about it, maybe if play wider + using more direct on the wingers would do it. However I do not want the wingers to do the long pass to a isolated striker, just switch play. I will probably try to learn wingers to switch flank PPM. Jus to see how they behave.

@Linusovic The thing is that IRL that pass is a really, REALLY tough pass, and wingers don't tend to have the best passing games either unless they're relocated playmakers (like Mata). I think FM makes that roughly 70 yards/65m pass look much easier than it should be.

11 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

@Linusovic The thing is that IRL that pass is a really, REALLY tough pass, and wingers don't tend to have the best passing games either unless they're relocated playmakers (like Mata). I think FM makes that roughly 70 yards/65m pass look much easier than it should be.

The thing is, I have a lot of playmakers like mata in my team. So in theory it should be possibly

Archived