Anyone else missing tutoring?

Sorta but then I'm willing to admit that tutoring was stupidly OP. 

It was far too easy to just give all your regens a near perfect personality. 

Although I do really like that the squad's overall personality has more impact now which feels more realistic. 

20 minutes ago, Finners said:

It was far too easy to just give all your regens a near perfect personality. 

Although I do really like that the squad's overall personality has more impact now which feels more realistic. 

a)Its easier now

b)same as last year

c) The welcome to club is interesting

I like the new system - tutoring was definitely OP, it got to the stage that 3 seasons in you wouldn't want to sign any real players because it was better just get the ones you already had to tutor a bunch of wonderkids. Now I actually care what a player's personality is when I look to sign them - it doesn't matter if they say this Brazilian 16 year old is the next "O Fenomeno" if he's got 1 Determination he's not staying on my radar.

I love the new system, you can also stick in senior players into a group with more influential senior players and see them being affected. I don't even know if its just my imagination, but the very fact that I was made to do that as a choice just makes this new style of mentoring very interesting. 

I have had some youngsters get attribute jumps in determination with personality upgrades so i am keeping the one group and rotating players in. It's a lot of fun and I may do a video where i show mentoring its effects + do one about keeping players condition up.  Its certainly more fun. i got a youngster go from balanced to fairly professional with almost 8 points up in determination and I felt really proud of the lad. So this is definitely a step in the right direction. Doesn't feel like a park and forget system.

2 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Now I actually care what a player's personality is when I look to sign them - it doesn't matter if they say this Brazilian 16 year old is the next "O Fenomeno" if he's got 1 Determination he's not staying on my radar.

But that's the point of mentoring.If you put him in a group of players with personalities with high determination (driven, resolute,determined etc) it will rise

1 minute ago, roggiotis said:

But that's the point of mentoring.If you put him in a group of players with personalities with high determination (driven, resolute,determined etc) it will rise

Yeah.

My point was though the before, I wouldn't think twice about a youngster's personality, you'd only look at potential as you would have your tutors bought and know I could have him to Professional / Perfectionist or whatever within about 18 months no matter what, whereas now it actually matters.

I do sometimes find the lack of control over ppm transference irritating - for example Paul Pogba somehow as a Team Leader got influenced within 3 months from João Felix and learned "plays one-twos" and suddenly his form went off a cliff because in my system that move was detrimental to him. But it can be interesting. 

Tutoring was simpler, but very exploitable.

Whole new system of squad dynamics, social groups and mentoring groups is much, much more interesting, gives you a feel of the culture of a club / workplace and the issues around creating change, or maintaining the positives you have. All far better IMO. :)

On 03/05/2019 at 06:56, zlatanera said:

But it can be interesting. 

Thats exactly how I feel, previously we could tutor and create clones more or less, now I go through periods with teams where I don't want to mentor, cos the senior players are all unprofessional party animals.

Archived