Should I go for defender A or defender B

Hello, so I'm torn between these two central defenders and I could use some advice.

The first one is 23, but turning 24 in 3 months. My scout thinks he still has plenty of room to grow though. He would also demand lower wages.

The second is exactly 2 years older. In terms of my scouts observations they're very similar, the second one though my scout says has a competitive streak.

This is the first guy

a7r5Jar.png

And this is the second one

meuPv5P.png

Yeah, personally the first one. 

However... not that it makes a huge amount of difference but seen as one is left footed and the other is right,  it depends which side of the cb position you’re planning on buying him for. 

You're only showing us half the picture.  You're not showing us his Scout report which details his pros and cons to give us an idea of his "hidden" attributes, which are just as important as his visible ones you've shown us.

So for example at first glance player A may look like the one to go for but if he's inconsistent, doesn't like pressure or big matches, is injury prone and/or likely to be sent off regularly then player B is the better bet (so long as he's ok with pressure, big matches, consistency etc).

Never go by just the visible attributes.

I turn off hidden attributes in my game, it doesn't make quite as much sense in the age of the internet. Scouts can watch almost any game online, even a lot of the youth leagues, well, in England anyway, and you can find so much information online. I said screw it and don't have them on. It may reduce the importance of the scouting, but that seems to not be great in this game anyway.

On 17/04/2019 at 01:11, viperswhip said:

I turn off hidden attributes in my game, it doesn't make quite as much sense in the age of the internet. Scouts can watch almost any game online, even a lot of the youth leagues, well, in England anyway, and you can find so much information online. I said screw it and don't have them on. It may reduce the importance of the scouting, but that seems to not be great in this game anyway.

Fair enough I guess, although I would argue that Most people do not even know very well the players who are playing in League One, never mind in the lower end of the Argentinian premier league, for example. You would have to research those guys, and that research would be the scouting. That is how I see it, but it is fine to disagree. As Herne points out, there is more to a scout report than the visible attributes. He will give you info on the hidden variables. How injury prone, big matches, etc. And an idea of the price and wage costs. 

Archived