Stadium expansion mechanics?

How does the stadium expansion mechanic work in terms of when you can expand compared with season ticket sales, average attendances, and time since last expansion or since the last time a new stadium was built?

I built a new 82,500 capacity stadium almost six seasons ago and sold roughly 55000 season tickets this season with an average attendance of about 95% capacity.  

The average attendance has stayed roughly the same since the stadium was built.  

Each year since the new stadium was built I've been selling about 1000 more season tickets than the previous year, so I was wondering if this needed to be at a certain level before the board would offer me the chance to expand.

Or is it that they're not offering me the chance to expand because enough time hasn't yet passed since the stadium was built?

I've read on here that when a new stadium is built there's a minimum of either 20 or 25 years before you can build another new stadium, but is there a similar sort of time limit before you can expand a new stadium?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not up to date on the mechanics fully any more as I don't play with the editor nowadays (less time, better spent in-game for me! :)), but it used to be there was a specific attendance threshold needed (somewhere in my foggy memory 97% seems to ring a distant bell?) to trigger a possible expansion, but even then, the stadium had to have expansion capability/possibility (which was a hidden stat). I would assume that if they've just built a new stadium (and i'm very jealous because the one my board are building is only 36k capacity) they'd have thought to make sure there's room to grow, but then how many stadiums with that level of capacity are expanded nowadays? Not saying it won't happen, but curious if it's weighted so less likely at higher capacities etc? Think people have also mentioned that there are hidden stats regarding fan base governing potential in terms of attendance/affluence etc so - complete conjecture - maybe the board are aware that things won't increase much more?

95% average attendance still means there are roughly ~4k empty seats per game too, not sure i'd be willing throw a boat load of cash at expanding my stadium from there if i'm honest so it might be that you're not quite at the threshold? No expert on it but I'd actually think 95% is about the sweet spot? 

8 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

I'm not up to date on the mechanics fully any more as I don't play with the editor nowadays (less time, better spent in-game for me! :)), but it used to be there was a specific attendance threshold needed (somewhere in my foggy memory 97% seems to ring a distant bell?) to trigger a possible expansion, but even then, the stadium had to have expansion capability/possibility (which was a hidden stat). I would assume that if they've just built a new stadium (and i'm very jealous because the one my board are building is only 36k capacity) they'd have thought to make sure there's room to grow, but then how many stadiums with that level of capacity are expanded nowadays? Not saying it won't happen, but curious if it's weighted so less likely at higher capacities etc? Think people have also mentioned that there are hidden stats regarding fan base governing potential in terms of attendance/affluence etc so - complete conjecture - maybe the board are aware that things won't increase much more?

95% average attendance still means there are roughly ~4k empty seats per game too, not sure i'd be willing throw a boat load of cash at expanding my stadium from there if i'm honest so it might be that you're not quite at the threshold? No expert on it but I'd actually think 95% is about the sweet spot? 

I have one big reason for suspecting that it would be possible to expand this stadium once I hit the criteria: They didn't build the corners.

It is an 82.5k stadium that only has ends and sides.  It looks really weird, and very much as if it is meant to have those corner parts.  The ends look taller than they are wide. xD

I have been hitting the 82.5k ceiling in certain matches every year.

update: 

My average attendance is actually 98% not 95%.

So, I think it's either:

- Season ticket sales not high enough yet

- Time since stadium was built not long enough yet

- My chairman just sucks (though I would still expect the option to ask him about it to be here if it was this)

Anyone?

Each stadium has a maximum expansion capacity. This is usually mentioned when stadiums are built - maybe you're at this capacity, and will have to wait for the stadium to be 20 years old to request a new one.

Archived