General success

Has anybody else found it hard to have success when playing narrow formations & through the middle as opposed to playing wider with wingers/IF's etc?

Done a few saves now and my overriding feeling is you just get dominated when you play centrally as you are weaker on the flanks due to playing centrally. Opposition teams just seem to overpower you regardless. Finding it very difficult to create a well balanced tactic with the aim of playing centrally.

Anybody like to share some of their experiences or good tactical shapes where you have encountered success?

25 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Anybody like to share some of their experiences or good tactical shapes where you have encountered success?

Rashidi has an active thread on the forum at the moment all about movement and his narrow 4312 formation.

2 hours ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Try playing more Klopp style.  Liverpool are narrow diamond or even a flat 433 these days.  In general terms they are a quick, athletic team which pressures high and plays on a higher tempo.  I think if you go down that road and use a combination of industrious roles & pacy forwards (I'd be inclined to avoid playmakers) then I reckon you can get a narrow tactic steaming.

p.s.

I'd also avoid a lower mentality or you won't get so much from your full backs going forward.

Archived