Player won't discuss transfer contract

Have they just signed a contract? In a lot of these cases, I've seen a player have no interest in the 4-5 months after a new contract has been signed.

If youth, and a true "smaller" team (I'm talking lower leagues vs poaching from promoted Prem teams) you might be able to get a player on trial, and then they will be more willing to negotiate

Could be any of a number of reasons fro them not to want to sign or discuss playing with you.

You can pander to them - declare interest, praise them, say how wonderful they are and how much you want them to play for you.  If they are in an International squad with one of your players you can sometimes ask your player to talk to them as well. Sometimes all you can do is keep plugging away at them until they talk to you, although, if they are set against signing for you is it worth it? Are there other players that could do the same job for you?

Ultimately though, if they don;t wanna sign for you - they won;t

If you're still in the beginning of your game, I've often found that 75% of what would you believe are "realistic signings" wouldn't actually be willing to join. Regardless if you have first season budgets turned on or not.

It all changes in 4-5 months time, though.

Archived