The Great Pelé Experiment

Everyone knows that Pelé scored over 1000 goals in all competitions over his career. 

In this experiment, I am going to create a player using the editor in each of the countries in this mega pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7we95zkfpg99rb9/editor+data.rar

List of countries:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Taiwan, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Curacao, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Timor-Leste, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, England, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guyana, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Holland, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Korea, Northern Ireland, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saint Barthelemy, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tahiti, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, UAE, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, US Virgin Islands, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wales, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

All the players will be strikers, have a Potential Ability of 200, and have a fairly good Current Ability (probably about 150). I am going to put each of them on a fairly good team in their native country (i.e., in England, maybe Tottenham Hotspur, in Germany RB Leipzig, in Spain Atletico Madrid, etc). I want to see if any of them will equal Pelé’s record (at least 1000 goals in all comps).

I’ll start this in a few days, but right now I’m open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Your experiment will fail. First of all, players in lower ranked competitions will score most goals in their first season and then will be bought by top clubs in top competitions. No one will score 1000 goals, that's 50 goals for 20 consecutive seasons, nobody will last that long within FM. Also Messi and Ronaldo never score that many goals in FM as they do in real life.

I don't think anyone will score 1000 goals. You have to make all players 17 years old and to retire in their respective clubs not early than 37. That would make 20 seasons in which one must score 50 goals at least in every one of them. On top of that strikers are not as profillic as they were on earlier FM versions. Closest to that target, I believe, will be players in competitions of very low quality, where their ability will make bigger impact. 

• 2 months later...

I would suggest using Brazilian club for this challenge, as the state championships count towards league games/goals.  have gotten close in the past on fm17 with a player. finished career with 700 in league and 900ish in all completion  

• 2 months later...

In my current Arsenal save I have a 25 (almost 26) year old who is on track to complete the Pele challenge. He came from my youth intake at 15 and went straight into the first team. After eleven seasons he has 280 league goals but 422 club goals in all competitions thanks to absolutely tearing up the cups. I haven't counted friendlies. He also has 93 England goals to bring his total to 515 in all competitions. In the last 5 seasons he's averaged 52 club goals and 11 international goals a season for a total of 63. If he can keep that form up for 7 seasons (32, about to turn 33) he should be around 30-40 goals shy going into the twilight of his career. He was Arsenal's top ever league goalscorer at 22, England's at 24 and at 25 he beat a recently retired Harry Kane (who's England record he also took) to the most ever Premiership goals. 

The board are building a new stadium and I genuinely won't be upset if they choose to name it after him instead of me!

23 hours ago, r0x0r said:

In my current Arsenal save I have a 25 (almost 26) year old who is on track to complete the Pele challenge. He came from my youth intake at 15 and went straight into the first team. After eleven seasons he has 280 league goals but 422 club goals in all competitions thanks to absolutely tearing up the cups. I haven't counted friendlies. He also has 93 England goals to bring his total to 515 in all competitions. In the last 5 seasons he's averaged 52 club goals and 11 international goals a season for a total of 63. If he can keep that form up for 7 seasons (32, about to turn 33) he should be around 30-40 goals shy going into the twilight of his career. He was Arsenal's top ever league goalscorer at 22, England's at 24 and at 25 he beat a recently retired Harry Kane (who's England record he also took) to the most ever Premiership goals. 

The board are building a new stadium and I genuinely won't be upset if they choose to name it after him instead of me!

You've got screenshots? Really interested to see his attributes.

On 11/07/2019 at 08:00, r0x0r said:

93 England goals

Jeez how many times has he been capped?

Just for comparison since March 2015 England has scored 93 goals. So your player scored as many goals as the entire NT has scored in 4 years.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/07/2019 at 17:10, WilltheWolf92 said:

Nice i did the same with fmrte you can do a mass edit easily, can you believe i did this player by player for years... just 5 buttons and i had the same, what a shame :p 

If you are going to accuse people of editing with no proof / reason to believe they have, why even bother reading this forum?

On 12/07/2019 at 12:18, scarp said:

You've got screenshots? Really interested to see his attributes.

This was Baby Tom.

QKhEmF8.png

By 18 he was starting to show what a force he'd become.

NDf8wyM.png

By 21 he was basically the best player in the world.

G4AFhNe.png

Tom now, at 27, just before the champions league semi final. So he has more to come this season.

sQTrCMa.png

His league goals. Just remember he has scored a lot of cup goals too. In total, he's on 524 club goals (excluding non competitive) and 112 international goals, so 636 total. Since turning 21 he's been averaging over 60 a season between club and country, so if he can keep that up until he's 34 then 1000 goals is on the cards. Alternatively if he keeps it up until 31 but plays to 36 then he'll have 5 years to get his last 100 or so goals. Obviously I'm not dropping him until he gets there!

ohZwOVB.png

And for Mr. FMRTE, here's a graph of his attribute changes since 16. It won't let me choose 15 for some reason. But unless I very carefully increased them in a realistic manner over the space of years... Yeah.

mi3L1Qg.png

Archived