• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - Season Review - 2020/21 - Margate FC

Vanarama National League South

Results (Aug-Dec) - Results (Jan-May)

Competition Performance: 12th

Could have been better, could have been worse. A classic definition of a mid-table season, but we did manage to slightly improve upon the previous campaign. We definitely lacked a real goalscorer and this is the first issue I'll be looking to address during the break. We can do better than that.

FA Cup

Competition Performance: Fourth Qualifying Round

The draw wasn't lucky for us, yet we still came really close to advancing to the first round proper. Not bad.

FA Trophy

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

A very poor performance.

Squad

We're steadily improving here. I like the fact that many of these players still have room to grow, however with our facilities and at the level we're at they are rather unlikely to fulfill their potential.

Transfers - Finances

As said above, the transfers were a notable improvement. We need to keep following this path.

Our finances are ****. Simple as that.

Player of the Season

1st - Taylor Miles - a good free kick taker is bound to go places in the current match engine, and Miles is definitely one of the best free kick takers at this level of football. He saved us a few times throughout the season, without him we definitely wouldn't have finished where we did.

2nd - Ross Marshall - probably the best signing in the transfer window. On his day he's an absolute rock at the back, letting nothing get past him. While he wasn't as spectacular in front of the opposition's goal as Opoku, he was definitely the most dependable player in front of our goalkeeper.

3rd - Jerome Opoku - I toyed with the idea of moving him to left back a bit and I have to say I quite like what I saw. His aerial ability wouldn't look out of place even a couple of leagues above us, and at this level it gives him a massive advantage over most opponents. A crucial player for us.

Next Season

We need a striker and maybe a couple more signings here and there. If we get the right players in, I'd say play-offs aren't out of the question.

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - Margate FC

Board Expectations:

Vanarama National League South: Avoid relegation
FA Cup: Third Qualifying Round
FA Trophy: First Round

My Expectations:

Vanarama National League South: Top half finish at least.
FA Cup: Make money.
FA Trophy: Make money.
Budgets:

Transfer: £0
Wage: £7,510 (currently spending £6,890)
Balance: -£113,795

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2021/22 - Margate FC

Friendlies

3Gi0xBC.png

Not bad if you ask me.

Transfers

ZIdKifw.png

There was no reason to go crazy.

Brandon Taverner - the best striker I could find who was interested. I just hope that'll do.

Giorgio Rasulo - some nice attributes here. I intend to play him as an attacking CM, but he can also be moved up front if need be.

Kane Goddard-Crawley - we definitely didn't need another defender. He's so good though...

29 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Those last two divisions can be a pain in the a**. I've also struggled in VNNorth for two or three seasons in one of my previous saves. Hopefully, this will be your last year here. Good luck. :)

To be honest I'm quite enjoying myself, breezing through divisions can also get boring. Everything is much more rewarding when it takes time and effort.

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - August 2021 - Margate FC

National League South

TPTj915.png

FqOPI5N.png

An unbeaten start! Plenty of drama too: we came back from to goals down against Oxford City and Salisbury and we also left it very late to equalise against Kingstonian.

1 hour ago, Mandy42 said:

Torquay want it don't they! but you are there or there about's 

casuals eh, don't get lulled into a false sense of security! 

Torquay are looking really strong! In our case it seems like, again, after a good August we have a period of worse form and dropping a lot of silly points. I just hope I can stop it soon.

Archived