“Work Permit Unlikely” Meaninglessness in Touch

As there is no squad registration, why are the scout reports in Touch the same as in the full version?

Coaching In England, I have yet to see a player be unable to gain a work permit when he’s never played in the country, regardless of international experience even though every scout report says it’s unlikely he would get one.

I had to apply for one for Ezequiel Barco when I tried to sign him in season 1 - turned down, and turned down again on appeal. Transfer cancelled.

Had to apply again when I renewed Eric Bailly's contract in season 2, turned down but won my appeal.

That's odd. I definitely used to get the odd permit turned down in FM17 (didn't play 18 and haven't played enough of this one yet). I agree that the report on that was meaningless though because the scouts would underestimate how much a player would cost and what I would pay him. I got loads of players that were 'unlikely to get a permit' just by virtue of the size of the transfer fee and contract.

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:34, Heywood JaBlowme said:

As there is no squad registration, why are the scout reports in Touch the same as in the full version?

Coaching In England, I have yet to see a player be unable to gain a work permit when he’s never played in the country, regardless of international experience even though every scout report says it’s unlikely he would get one.

It all comes down to how much money you pay him in his contract... Sure its over £8k a week and work permit will be accepted.

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:18, Heywood JaBlowme said:

If that's all it is in Touch then no wonder. I was at Chelsea with plenty of money available. 

And in the full game & in real life. If someone is going to be paid £100k a week, then this will influence the work permit decision (tax).

Yep the assumed 'relative importance/quality' of a player is another factor in the Work Permit Application (used to be called the exceptional talent clause, may have a new name), and the most obvious way to show this is to give them a big fat contract. Someone coming in on low terms will be far more likely to be seen as a drain on the system and get refused.

Archived