[FM19] - Newcastle United - "I'd love it..."

stevemc

GOALKEEPERS:

Martin Dúbravka

Martin will be my number one for now, he’s more than capable to get us going and I’m a fan of him in real life too.

Karl Darlow

Karl will push Martin for the number one spot, solid, English goalkeeper who will be around for a few seasons I’d imagine.

Freddie Woodman

21-year-old will firmly be third choice.

Rob Elliot

I’ll be looking to offload Rob Elliot as we’ve got three other goalkeepers.

DEFENCE:

Ciaran Clark

Approaching 30 years of age, I’ll be looking to cash in if possible and re-invest in a younger centre back.

Paul Dummett

Only real recognised left back in the squad, so he’ll be sticking around to play a big part. I’ll probably use him in the tougher games, and drop Kennedy in at left back when playing weaker opposition for a better attacking threat.

Fabian Schär

He’ll most likely be first choice alongside Lascelles.

Jamaal Lascelles

Club captain, I’ll be looking to shape the defensive unit around him.

Federico Fernández

Will push Lascelles and Schar from the bench.

Javier Manquillo

I’ll be looking to offload Javier and replace with better quality.

Florian Lejeune

Florian will be forth choice centre back at best, he’ll get limited opportunities.

DeAndre Yedlin

Will start as my number one right back unless I can purchase someone else of higher quality, in which case he’ll be back up. His pace could be vital.

MIDFIELD:

Ki Sung-yueng

Recently signed, will keep him around as a DLP, most likely partnering Shelvey in centre midfield.

Jonjo Shelvey

He’ll be a starter, looks like our best midfielder at the club.

Mohamed Diamé

At 31, if I can cash in on him, I will be doing.

Isaac Hayden

Will play back up to the midfielder, decent defence stats, but if better quality comes in then he’s in danger of being sold.

Jacob Murphy

Decent, young, English talent - will suit my inside-forward set up.

Matt Ritchie

Will probably play a key role in the team, as an inside-forward on the right. His quality and Premier League experience will be a benefit to the team.

Kenedy

Will probably feature more at left-back or wing-back as I won’t be playing with recognised wingers.

Christian Atsu

Will push Murphy for a starting spot unless higher quality players are available to sign. I had Atsu on a previous FM but wasn’t a huge fan.

Sean Longstaff

Talented young player, suitable for my attacking-mid role, he’ll get some chances from the bench and cup matches. 

STRIKERS:

Salomón Rondón

I’m looking to bring in a better striker, so he’ll feature from the bench.

Joselu

Will be looking to sell or loan out to make way for a new striker.

Ayoze Pérez

Will more than likely start in my attacking-mid role rather than sole striker.

Yoshinori Mutō

Actually quite like the look of Muto, so he should get plenty of chance.

So, Newcastle United – looking at my initial plans, they have a decent budget of around £23m, plus £150,000 p/w in wages to play with, I’m planning on off-loading a couple of players to bolster that up so I can bring in 5-7 younger players in to build my own team to fit my 4-2-3-1 formation. I won’t tinker too much with the staff, and I’ll plug the gaps and overhaul it over the next three seasons. 

I’m aiming for a solid first season, top half finish, sneaking Europa League would be a nice bonus..

Hope you enjoy the read...

1 hour ago, Carlf788 said:

I will follow this as I'm a big Newcastle fan myself ( well I was until I had a belly full of mike Ashley)

how do you get the stadium back ground like that? It looks great.

I've created it myself over the years; some of them are here...

28s95kn.jpg

Pre-season was pretty busy, I was very active in the transfer market, as you can see below:

2efrmm0.png

We've not got a much better squad available allowing me rotate when needed.

August was a solid month for us, nice draw at home to Tottenham, and although Chelsea ripped us apart, we picked up 3 points against Cardiff and managed to rest a few players but still progress in the EFL Cup.

m8k7ls.png

Doesn't get any easier though, up next is a trip to the Etihad to play Manchester City...

14m for Clark. 10m for Diame and 6m for rob Elliot them fees are so unrelastic it's incredible! 

Also seems a little easy paying 33m for Marin, tonali, pavon and arp as all 4 go on to become pretty much world class

On 21/12/2018 at 22:39, Carlf788 said:

14m for Clark. 10m for Diame and 6m for rob Elliot them fees are so unrelastic it's incredible! 

Also seems a little easy paying 33m for Marin, tonali, pavon and arp as all 4 go on to become pretty much world class

Disagree on the fees out for Diame and Clark - there are few decent CBs on the game and Clark's attributes are actually half-decent if you were searching for someone to pop straight into a PL side. Diame is physical enough that he could do a job as a CM destroyer as well. Add that to the fact that all transfer fees are ridiculous at the moment and I think they're about right.

Signings in make complete sense as well, not sure what you're complaining about as I'd do exactly the same! A large part of FM has always been about buying and developing young players.

Following with interest - I'm a fellow Utd fan with exactly the same feelings about Newcastle; that amazing '96 season seems a long time ago now... Do keep us posted on the young players' progress! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2018 at 09:24, stevemc said:

28s95kn.jpg

Pre-season was pretty busy, I was very active in the transfer market, as you can see below:

2efrmm0.png

August was a solid month for us, nice draw at home to Tottenham, and although Chelsea ripped us apart, we picked up 3 points against Cardiff and managed to rest a few players but still progress in the EFL Cup.

m8k7ls.png

Doesn't get any easier though, up next is a trip to the Etihad to play Manchester City...

How you getting on stevemc?

On 22/12/2018 at 09:24, stevemc said:

28s95kn.jpg

2efrmm0.png

m8k7ls.png

How you getting on stevemc?

Archived