Managerial Support

Ok can anyone shed some light on this as its starting to drive me a little insane!

I started a new game as an American Born Coach, I started unemployed and managed to get the job of Barcelona B Coach after their previous coach had basically been sacked leaving them to 19th place and from 19th I've won 15, lost 7 drawn zero - scored 30 for and 18 against jumping all the way up to 5th. The conditions of my contract were - battle bravely against relegation which so far I have done.

From the Dynamics side of things my Manager is advising that:

Dressing Room Atmosphere is Very Good

Match Cohesion is Good

But Managerial Support is Very Poor. 

90% of my team talks have most players reacting well to them, I've praised players when they do well in training (one i over praised so I stopped doing that with him!). Nothing I do seems to improve managerial support and the reasons given are:

Failing to impress a number of players with your performance as manager (I have a win % of 68% + 12 goal difference)

Failing to positively influence a number of players

Why do I have such a poor rate for Managerial support? Is it just down to my lack of Rep? (10%) I do have an adaptability of 4 so I assume that works against me? Though I am fluent in Spanish now!

I cannot see any way to influence this? Surely winning helps? 

Anyone have any guidance, docs they can point me to etc!?!?!

Support for you will grow over time if you are successful and your players are happy.

You can try praising a couple of the squad leaders - Praise Conduct is the go to conversation for that.

Ah!.... maybe that is the issue. I have praised a fair few players for their performances and training etc. Though considering that all the players excluding 2 are listed in the Other group for the Hierarchy - the other two are influential players - I guess this is not a team that is easy to influence. 

I've also realized a lot of them do not like  the training they are getting as its lacking specific sessions or is too much in other areas (strength for this squad).

Ok... I will have to try and praise the 2 influential players and see if this has a positive impact!!!

Thanks for the reply!

Il y a 2 heures, Snorks a dit :

"Praise Conduct" is an incredibly useful tool for a lot of things player-related.

I have this in my notes and does it twice a year to all my players (all the players in all the squads).  I can concur that, especially when I have low rep, it boosts the morale of everybody and I get players' support way faster.  Just make to not overdo it cause it will come back to bite you in the butt.  My basic window is 1st day of August and 1st day of February.  As for the Captains of the club, I usually do the same, with the "conduct as captain" in November.  Since they are influencal at the club, it helps too.

3 hours ago, Rien102 said:

I have this in my notes and does it twice a year to all my players (all the players in all the squads).  I can concur that, especially when I have low rep, it boosts the morale of everybody and I get players' support way faster.  Just make to not overdo it cause it will come back to bite you in the butt.  My basic window is 1st day of August and 1st day of February.  As for the Captains of the club, I usually do the same, with the "conduct as captain" in November.  Since they are influencal at the club, it helps too.

You get opportunities to praise good performances and good training every week. A few directed at influential players (providing they deserve it) gets the squad as a whole on board soon enough. Those that continue to undermine you get moved on!

So just to provide some feedback on developments with this - 

I had been praising good performance in training already, and form after matches when prompted by my Assistant manager when I was seeing the above problem. Based on the advice above I did the following:

I praised the 2 leaders in my squad, identified based on the Dynamics Hierarchy, for their conduct (I made a note against the player of when I did this so I can refer back to this and ensure I do not over do it). I also praised the conduct of the players in the squad with the top avg form for their conduct.

After a match, I also pick anyone who had a top form rating for the last match (typically when this is showing in a Green highlight) and praise them for this after the game. 

Already the managerial support is showing as Average so its moving in the right direction! and I am showing as having strong relationships with several Players!

Thanks all for the guidance with this!! Hopefully it means I get to keep my job :0)

Archived