staff attributes - determination, flexibility, flamboyancy

There's a few staff non tactical attributes that I don't fully understand the meaning behind. I have an idea but would like to know more in depth.

Determination - I read that for the human player this affects whether they will get requests etc accepted by the board. Is this the same for AI staff or does determination mean something different for them.

The others are flexibility and flamboyancy.

I assume flexibility means something along the lines that a manager is more flexible with his tactics/willing to allow more creative freedom

But Flamboyancy is such a broad term, how is it related to football/FM19. Is it the exact opposite of directness?

They can be quite hard to pin down sometimes, and often work in tandem with other attributes.

Determination is their ability to see the job out, so say a coach tasked with training a player trait, will be more determined to achieve it than one with a lower number. It is also a good attribute that can rub off on the squad character, giving some players a boost in Determination attribute - which also helps in matches. Determination can be/is one of te most important character figures - get a determined squad, supported by determined staff and they become very hard to beat.

Flexibility is the ability to work in different regions, so a foreign coach or scout with high flexibility will be more effective faster in a different part of the world. A scout say, wit h100% knowledge of England gets sent to scout S,America - he will settle and perform faster wit ha high flexibility attribute. An Italian coach with low flexibility will need time to settle in if brought to England. Knowledge will increase slower.

Don;t really know about flamboyancy and it's effects - never looked at it TBH. I would assume it shows it's face during interviews and press conferences.

I believe flamboyancy covers creative freedom (and related elements, probably including player instructions and roles - picking one or more ball playing defenders is much more flamboyant than picking two no-nonsense defenders and a complete forward is more flamboyant than a poacher, and encouraging players to dribble or shoot from distances is more flamboyant than asking them not to)

I assume the OP is correct about flexibility.

Archived