[FM19] [Released] Maltese league file [v2.0 released for FM19.3]

We are happy to announce the release of v2.0 of the file enabling Maltese and Gozitan leagues in FM19, compatible with FM19.3.

The file can be downloaded from this link:

https://mega.nz/#!ZUMBxACI!7NvhL-Tm92EiEi7ARPU7WyYGwBkKfOB80ki8J2KFwss

Apart from the playable league files, this download also includes:
a) Over 2,300 Maltese and Malta-based player faces
b) Logos for all Maltese clubs and competitions
c) Kits for all Maltese clubs

Thanks to Gerald Vella for the great work with the kits, and to the makers of the Cut-out Faces and Metallic Logo megapacks for the faces and logos respectively.

When you start a new game, you will be asked to choose one of the 2 Maltese files. The file named FM19 Malta v2.0.fmf will give you the regular Maltese data, while the FM19 Malta v2.0 professionals.fmf file will see all the clubs set as professional to allow a wider choice of foreign players and giving you a better chance to progress in your career. You can only choose one of these options: the choice is yours'!

Information about this file:

Data is up-to-date as of 02/03/2019.

Over 30,000 individual data edits including but not restricted to:

• Around 300 existing persons edited to update everything from abilities to reputation, from personal information (date of birth, hair colour etc) to contract status, from player position to transfer and history information, and much more;

• Over 1,300 new persons added so that ALL clubs have a full squad complement, including youth team players and backroom staff where known, and also referees;

• All 67 clubs massively overhauled to update everything from reputation to youth stadiums, club histories to player and goalkeeper kit colours for all clubs, and also affiliate clubs;

• All 67 clubs containing this season’s REAL players and backroom staff for maximum accuracy

• Realistic competitions, including the real-life set-up and rules for all 4 senior Maltese divisions, the 2 Gozitan divisions and Sections A to E of the Youth FA competitions, as well as a semi-realistic Gozitan youth league;

• National characteristics so that wages and transfer values are as close to real-life values as possible and also to regulate future transfer movement from foreign countries and regions in a realistic manner;

• 30+ Awards added to mimic real-life awards, some of which can be voted for by the user;

• 100+ Derbies added to mimic real-life rivalries;

• 10 Stadiums added and assigned to clubs in order to correctly represent as closely as possible the real-life situation, within the limits of the editor;

• 10 Media Sources (Radio & TV stations, websites and TV programmes) added to attempt to present realistic media coverage.

As can be clearly seen, this was a massive undertaking and lots of time went into the research and preparation for this file. We’d like to thank all the persons who provided us with assistance and information with regards to data gathering. BurnCM4X from the official FM forum created the league format and other related issues, while drinu and mons collected and added all the remaining edits. If you notice any glaring mistakes, feel free to contact us so that the data may be corrected in future releases

A Facebook page with some screenshots can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/FMMaltaFanClub/

• 1 month later...

I have a question about the new Malta database file and prize money:
Are they (prize money for clubs based) based on reality for this season? (for each league level and each competition).

Sorry for my question, but I ask, because i'm not able to verify this  myself (but I would like to know if I should modify this factor in the editor before starting long term game).
I tried to find any source related to this, but only found one article (very old) in Malta Times about season 2009/10 titled "2009/10 Premier League clubs to share €289,328". (in this article I found that the clubs, including ­relegated sides received €28,932, and for example that Birkirkara received €200,000 for winning the domestic championship) - but this money is earmarked exclusively for the training of young players.
I havent found any source about lower leagues and cup competitions (and about "normal" prize money - not earmarked exclusively for youngsters).

1 hour ago, talvikko said:

I have a question about the new Malta database file and prize money:
Are they (prize money for clubs based) based on reality for this season? (for each league level and each competition).

Sorry for my question, but I ask, because i'm not able to verify this  myself (but I would like to know if I should modify this factor in the editor before starting long term game).
I tried to find any source related to this, but only found one article (very old) in Malta Times about season 2009/10 titled "2009/10 Premier League clubs to share €289,328". (in this article I found that the clubs, including ­relegated sides received €28,932, and for example that Birkirkara received €200,000 for winning the domestic championship) - but this money is earmarked exclusively for the training of young players.
I havent found any source about lower leagues and cup competitions (and about "normal" prize money - not earmarked exclusively for youngsters).

Prize money for Maltese football is quite low and I have intentionally tried to replicate this in this file. While the amounts in the file are not exactly corresponding to those in real-life (mainly because they are not officially announced), I have asked around and gathered information both anecdotally and from well-placed sources so I believe it's reasonably close to the amount received in real-life.

That article you mention has got nothing to do with prize money. It's related to UEFA solidarity payments and money received from UEFA for participating in European competitions.

Thank you for the answer.

Another question (just to be sure):
When I played in Maltese database in FM2017 I had a problem, that, after the last match of the regular season my team went on holiday for a few weeks. But (after the end of the regular season) I will have to play the most important match of the season (play-off to advance to higher league), so I was unable to select the squad.

My question (because I hope that I will not have to test it myself - and I haven't tested yet): What about such situations in the new database file for FM19? Were they tested?

8 hours ago, talvikko said:

Thank you for the answer.

Another question (just to be sure):
When I played in Maltese database in FM2017 I had a problem, that, after the last match of the regular season my team went on holiday for a few weeks. But (after the end of the regular season) I will have to play the most important match of the season (play-off to advance to higher league), so I was unable to select the squad.

My question (because I hope that I will not have to test it myself - and I haven't tested yet): What about such situations in the new database file for FM19? Were they tested?

That was an issue with user-created files iirc rather than my own file. As far as I can tell from test saves I've run (including one I've checked right this minute), full teams are available for end-of-season playoff matches...

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, shimera said:

Incredible job! This is one of the most intriguing countries of Europe, so making a save would be pretty nice.

Question: is it just me or the teams are short of defenders in general?

I have to say, I don't think it's the case to be honest. Was there any team(s) in particular you were looking at to come to that conclusion? I've randomly looked at a handful, and nothing particularly stood out.

Now if you meant to say "short of good defenders", that would be another thing altogether ;)

13 horas atrás, Mons disse:

I have to say, I don't think it's the case to be honest. Was there any team(s) in particular you were looking at to come to that conclusion? I've randomly looked at a handful, and nothing particularly stood out.

Now if you meant to say "short of good defenders", that would be another thing altogether ;)

I was about to start a save with Floriana but they only have two centre-backs available, is that right?

vML3R4Z.png

13 hours ago, shimera said:

I was about to start a save with Floriana but they only have two centre-backs available, is that right?

vML3R4Z.png

It just so happens that they don't have many natural centre-backs irl too. iirc Clyde Borg and Alex Cini provided cover through the season, and there's Kurt Theuma from the youth team as well...

You can check their transfermarkt page (although it's not always perfect but it's usually a good indication generally) to verify that they don't have a lot defensive players: https://www.transfermarkt.com/floriana-fc/startseite/verein/10603/saison_id/2018

13 horas atrás, Mons disse:

It just so happens that they don't have many natural centre-backs irl too. iirc Clyde Borg and Alex Cini provided cover through the season, and there's Kurt Theuma from the youth team as well...

You can check their transfermarkt page (although it's not always perfect but it's usually a good indication generally) to verify that they don't have a lot defensive players: https://www.transfermarkt.com/floriana-fc/startseite/verein/10603/saison_id/2018

Huh. That's something curious indeed! Maybe I will add some points in the CB position for those players that served as cover.

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to say thank you for this file - I will be visiting Malta at the end of the month and wanted to give the Maltese leagues a try by way of preparation. Had a great time with Xagħra United and later Valletta, really helped squeeze a final 150 or so hours out of FM19.

Hope to see a similar endeavour for FM20, keep up the great work!

11 hours ago, Sytse said:

Just wanted to say thank you for this file - I will be visiting Malta at the end of the month and wanted to give the Maltese leagues a try by way of preparation. Had a great time with Xagħra United and later Valletta, really helped squeeze a final 150 or so hours out of FM19.

Hope to see a similar endeavour for FM20, keep up the great work!

Thank you for your nice words. Always nice to see the file being used and appreciated :)I'm just waiting for FM20's editor to be released and I should have the file out soon after that :)