Morale Icons

toffee71

What I'm trying to do is insert the smiley face icons from fmscout(fm13)

I have downloaded the wannachup skin from fm scout that is working, my my morale smileys aren't showing. The path I believe is:

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019/skins/?????????????????/graphics/icons/morale/

also tried

icons\custom\morale

Has the path changed? Have the names changed? Have the file types changed?

If it's a case of a quick edit I can manage that myself, resizing I can do, creating an xml may need a bit of guidance, but basic editing I can do. Any help appreciated.

Have realised I didn't install them in 18, but don't understand why they aren't showing.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by toffee71
more info

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

they go in another folder in morale, for large, small or normal 

Capture.thumb.PNG.840093255c2066c2eafaec0f85c59248.PNG

Unfortunately that didn't work either, resized as you said in other topic:- 26*26 15*15 12*12. Here is my path

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\skins\Wannachup-FM19-Instant-Result\graphics\icons\custom\morale

It looks right to me, but still no joy. I used gimp to resize as I can use it, but on importing it asks about embedded colour profile and converting to the rgb working space, I didnt convert and when i exported it almost trebled the .png size. please don't tell me I have to use paint.

.png is still correct?

Edited by toffee71
more info

That's a did I'm afraid, that the skin I always go for originally because of the smileys, and that was my reference on my hard drive, I just don't like the arrows never have.

Just found them in the dark andromeda for 17, but they are still wrong size and only a small folder.

Edited by toffee71
more detail

That means I have to reinstall 17 + 18 again, that's too much hassle, just tried to run the archiver from 18 but get error message, and need 17 for the guide.

Names are:- abysmal, fairly good, fairly poor, good, okay, poor, superb, very good and poor.

I can see in the andromeda18 i have on my external in the 3 morale sub-folders they are numbered 1-20 but they are all 17*17 they are arrows. The xml's worry me a little but am more comfy with text editing than pics.

The originals I have are the blue smileys, but decided yellow would be better for the purple so have d/l some emoji sets and can cope with some chopping cutting and pasting and sizing, so will have a go. These are the correct sizes?  26*26 15*15 12*12

Question:- Will I need to do more than just exporting the file, any layers or anything?

Finally anything else I need to know? If it's straight forward I know I can do it fairly quickly. I will have another go tomorrow if all is good.

52 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

What file names have you given them? Looks like you might need a combination as seems some of the default ones use the names others use numbers, best thing to do is extract the default ones and make sure you replace each of them with the ones you want.

If I can get these sorted will be first year I won't change skin.

Edited by toffee71
another late thought

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yeah they are the names used in FM19 (not sure which are actually used)

The xml files are just for re-colouring, for saving the png files you shouldn't need anything special just turn on transparency.

Thanks for quick reply, and just to clarify, the names are correct or the numbers?

Have got time to do this this afternoon, another question, can anyone tell me the path for the injury icons as well please? Also the names of the 2 injured icons

Thanks in advance

Edited by toffee71
2nd question

Well I think I've worked it out, there are now 20 different states of morale am assuming that's the 1-20 numbers, don't think the names work any more as some of the on sreen names are still the same.  Will need to wait for the archiver to I can sort it, so I get the ordering correct.

Don't think I will use 20 different images though maybe 12-15 will be enough.

Also the does anybody know the names of the 2 injured icons

• 2 years later...

Still no idea about the path?

I extracted graphics, menus, panels and skins fmf files but I didn't find any morale icons.

edit:

Looks like Michael found it:

On 13/04/2018 at 19:55, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Should just need to change the graphics found in the \sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\icons\custom\tactics\mentality folder. (Though I expect they'll also alter the same icons elsewhere on the tactics screen).

Edited by Shenmue-X