can you sign free players under an embargo fm18

2 hours ago, kroshot said:

I want to start a new save as Birmingham but we are under an embargo can I still sign free or loan players

Why not start the game with just England selected and see? As a bare bones game it shouldn’t take very much time at all. If you get the results that you want then reload the game with the specific leagues and data base that you want to play.

In FM you can’t whereas irl there is a dual system of transfer or registration bans, would be nice to have registration bana because that could then be used to have different FFP penalties depending on the severity of the breach & ability to comply in future seasons.

The embargo doesn't translate well in FM - when Forest were in one I was the same as you and thought it would be a good challenge if it worked as it does IRL but unfortunately you can't loan any players. Not 100% on signing free's, can't remember (and may have changed in recent installments) - I know Forest were only allowed to spend a maximum % on wages but that didn't translate from what I remember.

Archived