Monitor size for Fm

Just wondering if anyone uses a monster monitor for FM, I’m thinking above 30” monitor?    

Iv seen the gaming setup where people have 3 screens, would that kind of setup be any good for Fm?

would FM run on a 65”  tv ?

Once had FM on a 32 inch TV - and Sky Sports on 48 inch - and Movies on another 48inch.

I once lived in my parents though and I once was single. Now I'm lucky to get a few hours a week to do one of the three.

11 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Once had FM on a 32 inch TV - and Sky Sports on 48 inch - and Movies on another 48inch.

I once lived in my parents though and I once was single. Now I'm lucky to get a few hours a week to do one of the three.

So what was FM like on a 32”?  Would it still look good on anything bigger?

It looked good. I just didn't want to sacrafice the other 2 TVs that were larger. 

If anything, I'd go for a widescreen monitor these days, as FM can't be split over 2 monitors, really, so a wider monitor would be ideal to fit in as much data as possible. 

Ever since I bought my PC about 2/3 years ago, I've always used my 32" HD TV and I run have Windows & FM set to have smaller icons and this allows me to fit so much on the screen. So much so, that I was on my laptop the other evening and I loaded my squad view and it felt like so much side scrolling to see everything.

Also, check your options, I went for a TV as it is also connected to my PS4, but often HD TV's can be cheaper than the same size PC monitor so that may also be an option to explore.

4 minutes ago, Neotropolis said:

Ever since I bought my PC about 2/3 years ago, I've always used my 32" HD TV and I run have Windows & FM set to have smaller icons and this allows me to fit so much on the screen. So much so, that I was on my laptop the other evening and I loaded my squad view and it felt like so much side scrolling to see everything.

Also, check your options, I went for a TV as it is also connected to my PS4, but often HD TV's can be cheaper than the same size PC monitor so that may also be an option to explore.

Well I’m thinking of getting a 65” which I’m going to embed into the wall so screen finish flush with the wall, complete with lighting 😜..

are you able to watch sky tv and use it as pc screen at same time?

3 minutes ago, wayne'o said:

Well I’m thinking of getting a 65” which I’m going to embed into the wall so screen finish flush with the wall, complete with lighting 😜..

are you able to watch sky tv and use it as pc screen at same time?

My TV does have PIP but I've never had it connected to a cable box. I have a 50" TV for that so my partner can watch tele whilst I'm on FM.

14 minutes ago, Neotropolis said:

My TV does have PIP but I've never had it connected to a cable box. I have a 50" TV for that so my partner can watch tele whilst I'm on FM.

Are only certain graphics cards compatible with a 32” hdtv?   What about screen resolution?

1 hour ago, wayne'o said:

Are only certain graphics cards compatible with a 32” hdtv?   What about screen resolution?

And HD graphics card should work. Mine is an NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My TV also has a VGA port (as do most now) so that is an option too.

I run 1980x1080 screen resolution which is 1080p HD.

Archived