A General Feature Request Thread

Majos Trajos

Hi all, 

Im going to list some improvement requests on different areas of FM. Feel free to add improvements to the list and lets discuss them : 

Training :

An area needs to improve. My requests are :

• Creating weekly training schedules for the first team : Actually this idea is coming from Total Club Manager 2004 , different aspects of team training (fitness work,technical excercises, building up-play , 5-5 matches , passing excercises, defensive positioning & marking , set pieces etcetc..) should be included in FM. Below figure might help to understand what Im saying:

203211-total-club-manager-2004-windows-screenshot-the-training-plan.thumb.jpg.15f020daab8f51596b860052b30fc565.jpg

• Creating player based training schedules : This can be also useful . For example in my West Ham save Artur Masuaku is recovering from an injury and we will have a game in Anfield against Liverpool therefore I want to use him in a classic 4-4-2 as a defensive winger. So for increasing his overall match fitness, I like to schedule a fitness based personal program to make him ready for the game .

Player Tutoring :

Suppose that you have a young player A with great potential but with low determination such as 4 , not a high work rate (between 5-8 ) so you are looking some improvements on that area. You have a first team player B with great mental attributes and decent outfield attributes . As a manager when you call player B into the room to ask to tutor player A you might want to say, "I want you to tutor player A and show him the right attitude ,work ethic as you are a model professional." (or something like that).

Suppose that you have a young player A (CM) again with a great potential. You have a sense that if player A can improve defensive side of his game he could become a complete central midfielder that you are looking for(What Im saying is Player A has good outfield attributes and decent mental&physical attributes but with a marking 8-10 and tackling 8-11 ). So you call a Player B (a strong defensive minded CM) into your room and saying " I want you to tutor player A about defensive side of things in midfield."

Staff :

• A new Staff role should be added to the game : A youth recruiter or you might want to say a youth scout.  As club scouts looking for a local talent in high schools ,in local matches etc and bring them into academy, a youth scout can add a new dimension to the game.
  • Owners Becoming Suggar Daddy : I know that not all owners are wealthy. Im not talking about these ones . In the editor I like to look up for owner's attributes , and in some cases I see owners with a good business & resources attributes but they are not stated as sugar daddy. A great example for this is Shadid Khan of Fulham which has Bussines attribute of 15 and Resources attribute of 18. When you gain promotion to the Premier League he might decide to throw a lot of money to the club (so becoming a suggar daddy btw).

Player Contracts :

• Assist bonus : Should be added for LB,RB,RWB,LWB and attacking midfielders.
  • Yearly wage decrease : This might be odd for you but I see this in Turkey as some of our clubs dont have a good financial state. For example a player wants a 3 year contract with 3M pounds per year, which means a contract worth 9M pounds. So you should be able to offer 4M in first year 3 M in the second year and 2M for the last year. This can be beneficial when you trying to buy a player with 29+ age.

Finances :

The projection section of finances should be improved :

• We should be able to see next year's wages if we are not going to renew any/some of the player's contracts at the end of the season.
  • We should be able to see/predict current season or next season's income based on scenarios (What if we finished 10th in league or 17th in league etc.)

Youth Setup :

• Building football schools/academies around the world to improve youth recruitment.
  • Youth Recruitment Philosophy :   We should be able to instruct our Head of Youth Development , to recruit mentally strong CB's ,pacy wingers and strikers , physically strong CM's etc. to build our desired team with regens in the future.

Tactics & Opposition Instructions :

• Player A is  a CB in your team and Player B is the striker of the opponent. You instruct player A to mark Player B but , player B gets injured and Player C is coming on as a sub.Its time wasting thing to open opposition instructions to specify "Mark Player C " again. What I am saying is we should able to say our CB's to mark all strikers in a matchday squad (including the subs.)

NOTE : Some of the request have already been in the game. Please let me know if this is the case...

I don't agree with all of them, like the youth scout is unnecessary since you can just have a scout looking for young players and below 14 are for most users useless because it takes way too long for you to be able to use them and usually you are at a new club then. Plus FM stated that due to regulations it is restricted to implement very young squads so even if you scout 14-year-olds in your region that you could not otherwise scout or are in the database (and thus purely generated by this youth scout) , he will not be able to improve because he is too young and he will typically and naturally be worse than 16-19 year olds, so won't be used in these squads.

But I do really like options such as " Youth Recruitment Philosophy", "Assist bonus". Those could really add a new dimension.

Personally, I would also like to see an option to tell the assistant-manager that manages youth squad and reserves to use certain players in their team and always let them start when possible (unless injured or suspended) and options to specifically tell them to not start with the player but let him be a substitute. This can help the development of youth players with high PA/ high promise by scouting but a low current ability or a player that you use for the main squad but is not fit yet.

Also, players should be able to grow more with just training and not be so match dependent, such that youth gems at AI clubs will still become very good.

14 hours ago, JReid said:

Personally, I would also like to see an option to tell the assistant-manager that manages youth squad and reserves to use certain players in their team and always let them start when possible (unless injured or suspended) and options to specifically tell them to not start with the player but let him be a substitute.

Yep, I agree with this too. It would be very useful.

14 hours ago, JReid said:

Plus FM stated that due to regulations it is restricted to implement very young squads so even if you scout 14-year-olds in your region that you could not otherwise scout or are in the database (and thus purely generated by this youth scout) ,

I do not think that there are not that much restrictions , the below figure can be an evidence for this. I have just created a new career game with a huge database (with +100K players) and run GenieScout for Mac. 

5aef2e722ccc7_ScreenShot2018-05-06at19_29_47.thumb.png.e32963fd581550df6d0aaf9d8340023e.png

As you can see there are lots of players aged 14+ of age , so generation of these players are not a problem. What I mean is that SI can use these regens more effectively. You should be able to build a youth camp in France to spot Donovan Pequignot (marked as blue) and sign him for your academy. This figure also shows that these regens are generated automatically,not by the youth scout itself.

There aren't any conflicts of this system with the real life. My close friend for example , was a member of Besiktas' Ankara Football Academy (Beşiktaş is one of the giant clubs in Turkey) , every year top talents of this academy (Ankara Football Academy) will earn a trial in Beşiktaş U's and they can even get a contract from the club.

My Reccomendations : 

• Firstly , there should be a seperate budget for building youth camps + youth scouts (That is in overall a Youth Development budget). As we have a scouting budget implemented in the game,this can be also done for the future versions of FM. Remember that lots of clubs are having huge budgets for youth development.This should be added into the game.

• There is no need to have an U-14 or U-15 team seperately. When you build a youth camp abroad your head of youth development will bring 2-3 players 4 times in a year ( this means every year you can get 8-12 more players extra). These 14+ aged players can be displayed in an another section, you can pay a little amount of scholarship money to help him with his school. Also these players should decide whether he wants to stay abroad , or break up with football to continue his education etc.

• These randomly generated youth players can also spotted by youth scouts (with using youth development budget or their budget can be added to the scouting budget).This can be an another option if you dont have a football academy in Argentina ( or dont have the money to build it) but you want to spot players.

Thanks for reading :)

On 05/05/2018 at 11:15, Majos Trajos said:

Creating weekly training schedules for the first team : Actually this idea is coming from Total Club Manager 2004 , different aspects of team training (fitness work,technical excercises, building up-play , 5-5 matches , passing excercises, defensive positioning & marking , set pieces etcetc..) should be included in FM. Below figure might help to understand what Im saying:

+1 I hope a training revamp like this 

Player Tutoring

+1 perfect

A new Staff role should be added to the game : A youth recruiter or you might want to say a youth scout.  As club scouts looking for a local talent in high schools ,in local matches etc and bring them into academy, a youth scout can add a new dimension to the game.

I think wouldn't need it, i mean a new role, the current scouters can do it, but the thing of school talent, local/street matches is a good. I remember in FIFA Manager you could send even some of your player to some school event, local/street tournament, it could generate a marketing buzz at the same time the player is watching any interesting kid for the club.

Owners Becoming Suggar Daddy :

+1

Assist bonus : Should be added for LB,RB,RWB,LWB and attacking midfielders.

+1 Strikers too... could be for any player.

Yearly wage decrease

It's interesting but I haven't see it, at least here in Brazil. What I would like is being  easier is negotiate a reduced wage on renew 

Finances :

The projection section of finances should be improved :

• We should be able to see next year's wages if we are not going to renew any/some of the player's contracts at the end of the season.
  • We should be able to see/predict current season or next season's income based on scenarios (What if we finished 10th in league or 17th in league etc.)

+1

Building football schools/academies around the world to improve youth recruitment.

+1 this had in FIFAM and I loved. This could be a form of getting club marketing in and out of the country too.

Youth Recruitment Philosophy :   We should be able to instruct our Head of Youth Development , to recruit mentally strong CB's ,pacy wingers and strikers , physically strong CM's etc. to build our desired team with regens in the future.

+1

12 hours ago, Majos Trajos said:

Firstly , there should be a seperate budget for building youth camps + youth scouts (That is in overall a Youth Development budget). As we have a scouting budget implemented in the game,this can be also done for the future versions of FM. Remember that lots of clubs are having huge budgets for youth development.This should be added into the game.

+1 good one 

12 hours ago, Majos Trajos said:

There is no need to have an U-14 or U-15 team seperately. When you build a youth camp abroad your head of youth development will bring 2-3 players 4 times in a year ( this means every year you can get 8-12 more players extra). These 14+ aged players can be displayed in an another section, you can pay a little amount of scholarship money to help him with his school. Also these players should decide whether he wants to stay abroad , or break up with football to continue his education etc.

+1 great

• 7 months later...

Archived