Can a player, who has rotted with a big club, reach previous expectations?

For example, Dolberg would have been 5* potential at age 20, but in my save he has spent 5 years rotting at PSG, he has played 9 games in 5 years and now his potential and ability is 2*'s. Can you revive his career and will he be able to hit the heights once expected of him? 

This doesn't just apply to Dolberg, can any player, who has rotted for a few years reach what was once expected of them in the right environment?

• Administrators

They're limited somewhat by their age in terms of quite how quickly they can progress - it will be harder for older players to improve significantly. But there is scope for some improvement.

However losing say 5 years worth of his career will certainly have had a large detrimental effect. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

They're limited somewhat by their age in terms of quite how quickly they can progress - it will be harder for older players to improve significantly. But there is scope for some improvement.

However losing say 5 years worth of his career will certainly have had a large detrimental effect. 

Thanks Neil. 

• Administrators

Rashford is only 20 so in FM terms would have a lot of time to develop. But yeah, would suggest he'd need regular starting first team football now (both in game and IRL) to reach whatever potential he has. 

hace 20 horas, DE-Z dijo:

For example, Dolberg would have been 5* potential at age 20, but in my save he has spent 5 years rotting at PSG, he has played 9 games in 5 years and now his potential and ability is 2*'s. Can you revive his career and will he be able to hit the heights once expected of him? 

This doesn't just apply to Dolberg, can any player, who has rotted for a few years reach what was once expected of them in the right environment?

old dog can't learn new tricks, but it can be smarter

my captain in my worcester save has 27 years and he is in the team since my first youth intake, after reaching league two CA he got to his roof (25 years and no more PA to grow) since he has a good stats spread (has no finishing or dribbling and some other non neccesary stats for a Defender and great strenght and pace)i still use him, and after some years between league one and championship he reached league one CA Somehow...they can still grow after 25, but they normally won't be the world beater they would be, maybe he can get a half star more so you can atleast think about using him for injury/rotations situation.

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Rashford is only 20 so in FM terms would have a lot of time to develop. But yeah, would suggest he'd need regular starting first team football now (both in game and IRL) to reach whatever potential he has. 

You should seriously let Jose know this as I don't think he understands this as well as you do! :)

Archived