[FM18] Everton - Bringing Glory to Goodison

Ewan0404

2uogwh3.jpg

I've decided that as an Everton fan enough is enough and I can't watch Big Sam ruin us anymore, so I've decided to start as Everton on the latest patch.

Board Objectives for 2017/18: Top half finish

Personal Objectives for 2017/18: Top 7 and stay in the fight for top 6 as long as I can

Friendlies

Pre-season was a success as we remained unbeaten with our seven games, winning 6 and drawing once.

AGF 1-3 Everton (Pusic 74 : Vlasic 18, 30 OG 35)

Everton 1-1 FC Viktoria Plzeň (Rooney 77 : Kovarik 49)

Everton 4-3 Sparta Praha (Calvert-Lewin 9, 45, Tosun 24, 50 : Julius 49, Albiach 51, Plavsic 74)

Southport 0-2 Everton (Vlasic 65, OG 74)

Cambridge Utd 1-5 Everton (Ibehre 46 : Calvert-Lewin 1, 7, 47, Jagielka 32, Rooney 77)

Notts County 0-3 Everton (Tosun 43, 47, Calvert-Lewin 45+2)

Tranmere 0-4 Everton (Calvert-Lewin 2, Davies 11, Tosun 21, Gueye 90)

2mwb8tg.png

Transfers

Decided to add some depth to the squad in this window and try and ship out some of the deadwood. Pirlo came in on a free to add some experience and to add a winning presence in the dressing room. Darmian was signed on loan to provide cover for both flanks in defense - option to buy at the end of the season. McGinn was signed to rotate in the midfield with Davies.

On the way out permanently was Williams as there was just no space for him in my vision for the club so was happy to have his wages off the books. All the rest were loan signings to either get some first team experience, however Niasse and Schneiderlin were up for sale with no takers so have been loaned out to save some wages.

302yhx0.png

I hope you will join me for the journey.

7 minutes ago, Borussia Teeth said:

Will there be any more transfers

Thats the only transfers. I didn't have a massive budget from the board so anyone else I could afford wouldn't improve on what I already have.

Hi Mr Smith,

Good evening and congratulations on becoming the new manager of Everton FC. As a lifelong Toffess fan I am interested in accompanying you on what I'm sure will be a very promising journey. I do have some questions if you wouldn't mind answering.

1. What is your vision for the club over the next 5-10 years and will you be following a specific financial blueprint? 

2. What are your plans for the youth academy? I would personally love to see another Wayne Rooney coming through.

3. Are you planning on bringing in your own backroom team and what will be the attributes you will be looking for in these individuals?

4. How will you deal with disciplinary matters within the team and how do you plan on keeping morale up?

5. And finally, do you plan on facing the media or will we be more used to seeing your assistant? 

Good luck and happy gaming.

The Lawyer

1 minute ago, The_Lawyer said:

Hi Mr Smith,

Good evening and congratulations on becoming the new manager of Everton FC. As a lifelong Toffess fan I am interested in accompanying you on what I'm sure will be a very promising journey. I do have some questions if you wouldn't mind answering.

1. What is your vision for the club over the next 5-10 years and will you be following a specific financial blueprint? 

2. What are your plans for the youth academy? I would personally lpve to see another Wayne Rooney coming through.

3. Are you planning on bringing in your own backroom team and what will be the attributes you will be looking for in these individuals?

4. How will you deal with disciplinary matters within the team and how do you plan on keeping morale up?

5. And finally, do you plan on facing the media or will we be more used to seeing your assistant? 

Good luck and happy gaming.

The Lawyer

Thanks for the support.

1. Over the next 5-10 years I wan't to solidify Everton as a top 6 club as a minimum - but want to push on and be a consistent top 4 club and be the better side in Liverpool.

2. I will look to use a lot of youth from around the world and in particular from through our academy.

3. I am slowly changing the backroom staff as time goes on.

4. Morale is a big thing for me and I will be rotating the team a lot to keep all the players, fit and happy.

5. I take on 90% of media duties.

5 minutes ago, Mr big said:

Hi ewan, 

Extremely excited to share this journry with you. I will be keeping a close eye on how the forthcoming season unfurls. 

Mr big 

Thanks, I hope you enjoy.

4h5nya.jpg

August Update

Results

Everton 3-0 FC Luzern (Sigurðsson pen 14, Tosun 18, 52) 

FC Luzern 0-3 Everton (Sigurðsson 21, Walcott 43, Davies 62)

Newcastle 2-1 Everton (Slimani 15, 45+2 : Vlasic 55)

Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar 0-4 Everton (McGinn 38, Vlasic 48, Baines pen 54, Sigurðsson 54)

Brighton 0-2 Everton (Sigurðsson 24, Tosun 33)

Everton 1-0 Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar (Keane 10)

West Ham 3-2 Everton (Hernández 16, 44, Noble 55 : Vlasic 9, Baines pen 29)

Everton 2-0 Burnley (Gueye 15, Tosun 40)

Overview

Overall a mixed bag of results this month saw us dominate in our Europa League qualifying rounds but struggle in the opening rounds of the Barclays Premier League.

I was rewarded with a Europa League group containing Freiberg, SV Zulte Waregem and Dynamo Kyiv.

Star of the Month

The stand out performer so far has got to be Sigurðsson with 4 goals and an assist in the opening 7 games of the campaign.

League Table

So after the first month this is how the premier league table is shaping up.

2zdoe34.png

29431x3.jpg

September Update

Results

Everton 3-0 Dynamo Kyiv (Calvert-Lewin 34, 47, 50)

Everton 2-2 Arsenal (Davies 24, Calvert-Lewin 59 : Mkhitaryan 66, Ramsey 90+4)

Man Utd 2-0 Everton (Mata 8, Lingard 13) – Carabao Cup 3rd Round

West Brom 0-2 Everton (Vlasic 7, Tosun 43)

SV Zulte Waregem 1-0 Everton (Kaya 26)

Overview

Again a mixed bag this month in all competitions. The win against Dynamo Kyiv got our Europa League group off to a great start, but sadly too much rotation for the SV Zulte Waregem cost us dearly.

In the league we picked up 4 out of the 6 points on offer including a draw with Arsenal, which in the end was disappointing to let a two goal lead slip.

Getting knocked out of the cup will hopefully be a blessing in disguise in the long run.

Star of the Month

Calvert-Lewin bagged 4 goals and an assist this month so rightly takes the award for Everton Star of the Month.

League Tables

2afc01u.png

ojj7yq.png

296nbkh.jpg

October Update

Results

Southampton 4-3 Everton (Gabbiadini 57, Carrillo 74, 90+6, Tadic 87 : Calvert-Lewin 4, 84, Sigurðsson pen 15)

Everton 4-1 Leicester (Vlasic 9, Davies 19, Sigurðsson pen 28, Calvert-Lewin 79 : Benalouane 66)

Freiburg 1-1 Everton (Ravet 27 : Walcott 42)

Everton 2-1 Liverpool (Calvert-Lewin 7, 17 : Gomez 51)

Man City 4-0 Everton (Fernandinho 73, Agüero 76, 90+2, Delph 90+4)

Overview

A first victory in the Merseyside derby since October 2010 did well to lift spirits around the club despite another tough month, which saw us again struggle on the road with four goals shipped against both Southampton and Man City, while managing a credible draw away in Germany.  

Star of the Month

Nikola Vlasic was a constant thorne in the sides we played this month picking up a goal and two assists while creating numerous more goal scoring opportunities for our forward players.

League Tables

Comfortably sitting in ninth place after ten games with only two points between ourselves and Bournemouth in fifth.

2l42lh.png

After the first half of the group stages only goal difference separates the four teams in a tightly contested Group H.

vq1u7t.png

9zmzcy.jpg

November Update

Results

Everton 1-2 Freiburg (Vlasic 31 : Höler 1, Haberer 75)

Everton 2-1 Swansea (Baines pen 45+1, Calvert-Lewin 49 : Abraham 81)

Man Utd 4-0 Everton (Sánchez 6, Lukaku 17, Martial 87, Lingard 90+1)

Dynamo Kyiv 3-1 Everton (Verbic 43, Mbokani 73, Moraes 76 : Calvert-Lewin 39)

Crystal Palace 5-2 Everton (Loftus-Cheek 13, 32, Sørloth 23, 41, Fosu-Mensah 44 : Calvert-Lewin 9, Tosun 72)

Everton 1-0 Watford (Calvert-Lewin 34)

Overview

Again we are really struggling to put together any sort of run of form, especially outside of the city of Liverpool. Conceding twelve goals in our last three away games is unacceptable and this needs to be addressed as soon as possible or it will be a long long season. The defeat to Crystal Palace was particularly hard to swallow as the game was even throughout. In slightly better news we’re still going strong at Goodison Park picking up six points from six in the Premier League.

Star of the Month

Unsurprisingly this months award for star of the month has been cancelled due to the clubs current form.

League Table

Somehow we have moved up one place into eighth this month despite only winning two from four this month and being battered in our away games.

vrq63k.png

2ajavjb.jpg

December

Results

Everton 2-0 Tottenham (Davies 16, Calvert-Lewin 28)

Everton 3-0 SV Zulte Waregem (Vlasic 36, Calvert-Lewin 47, Davies 59)

Everton 1-1 Huddersfield (Walcott 41 : Quaner 6)

Stoke 1-0 Everton (Chupo-Moting 88)

Chelsea 3-1 Everton (Morata 32, Pedro 40, Giroud 68 : Walcott 59)

Everton 4-4 Bournemouth (Walcott 51, Davies 53, Baines pen 83, Tosun 90+1 : Defoe 19, 34, pen 50, 57)

Everton 2-1 Newcastle (Calvert-Lewin 11, Walcott 84 : Slimani 17)

Everton 2-0 West Ham (Vlasic 36, Tosun 86)

Overview

Overall a good month at Goodison Park remaining unbeaten at home and picking up four wins out of six games. Sadly however the same story remains away from home picking up zero points on the road yet again.

Star of the Month

This months award goes to young Tom Davies who managed to bag himself three goals in three starts this month – proving that he can fill in the void in the middle of the park left by Ross Barkley’s moved to Chelsea.

League Tables

Sitting in eighth place in the table still thanks to our terrific home form – even managing to increase the lead over ninth place to six points.

99q71e.png 

Not much to say other than a bit disappointing to get knocked out in the group stages. It should however mean that we can push on in the league to challenge for those top six spots.

e9ympl.png

January Transfer Window Update

With the need for reinforcements in defense and another striker we spent the month scouting for players to sign.

The first agreed deal was that of the little Italian Sebastian Giovinco from MLS side Toronto FC for a fee of £7,500,000. Giovinco has signed on a deal until the summer of 2020. A small light-weight forward with great technical abilities, it is hoped he can compete with Tosun for the position spearheading the attack.

The second signing comes in the form of 24 year old German left back Philipp Max on a £16,500,000 deal from FC Augsburg. The left back has been signed to be the long term successor to Baines so will deputise in the role for the rest of this season and potentially next season.

The last signing of the window was the £15,000,000 signing of Marcos Rojo from Manchester United. We needed extra cover in the centre of defense so this was a no brainer really.

On the way out of Goodison Park were the trio of Joel Robles to Stoke for £1,000,000, Idrissa Gueye to FC Barcelona for a fee potentially rising to £30,000,000 and the loan return of Eliaquim Mangala to Manchester City. Mangala asked to terminate his loan deal after only starting four games in his six months in Merseyside.

2v1x54o.png

n3t0ll.jpg

January Update 

Brighton 0-0 Everton

Everton 2-0 Bolton (Giovinco 42, 52) (FA Cup)

Burnley 1-3 Everton (Vokes 76 : Davies 16, Vlasic 29, Jagielka 63)

Arsenal 6-3 Everton (Lacazette 11, Özil 18, 68, Aubameyang 26, 40, Iwobi 90 : Giovinco 25, 41, Sigurðsson 54, Coleman Red Card 88)

Everton 0-2 Man City (B Silva 2, D Silva 6) (FA Cup)

Everton 4-0 West Brom (Davies 11, Calvert-Lewin 56, Sigurðsson pen 73, 90+1)

Overview

A packed schedule this month with six games played including two in the FA Cup. A fourth round exit in the Fa Cup was no big surprise when we were drawn against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City side so I have no complaints there.

To score three goals away from home at the Emirates but still be hammered was a humiliating result and I let the players know it at the full time whistle.

Finally some points picked up away from home with a draw away to Brighton and a convincing win away victory over Burnley means we’ve hopefully shaken off this away form hoodoo we appear to have picked up.

A 4-0 hammering of West Brom brought an end to a good month overall in the Premier League. Hopefully this can be a chance for us to kick on now and push further up the table.

Star of the Month

The new signing of Sebastian Giovinco has got his Everton career off to a flier with four goals and two assists in his first five games for the club. He is already proving to be a bargain at £7,500,000 so lets hope his run of form continues to the end of the season.

League Table

Surprise surprise we're sitting in eighth.  However we are now only eight point behind the Champions League places, so who knows, could we sneak a top four spot?

11mfbys.png

2z49s1x.jpg

February/March Update

Everton 7-2 Southampton (Keane 3, Calvert-Lewin 4, 20, 39, Sigurðsson pen 9, 25, Giovinco 90+3 : Gabbiadini 15, 81)

Leicester 3-2 Everton (Iborra 14, Dragovic 25, Mahrez 55 : Giovinco 10, Calvert-Lewin 20)

Liverpool 3-1 Everton (Firmino 22, Can 34, Salah 43 : Giovinco 52)

Everton 0-0 Man City

Swansea 3-0 Everton (Moreno 14, Narsingh 47, Clucas 89)

Everton 2-2 Man Utd (Rojo 35, Calvert-Lewin 45+2 : Matic 33, 61)

Watford 4-1 Everton (Gray 4, 49, 80, Deulofeu 41 : Tosun 20)

Overview

A great start to the spring months with an emphatic victory over Southampton with Dominic bagging a hattrick in front of the Toffees faithful. After that it was defensive disaster conceding fifteen goals in the next six games. However draws with both Manchester clubs keeps our home form unbeaten making Goodison Park a proper fortress.

Star of the Month

February’s star of the month award again went to Dominic Calvert-Lewin thanks to bagging four goals and two assists in the months three games. He is upping his game this year and has become a shining star in a lacklustre Everton side. Sit up and take notice Southgate, you may need a man like this in Russia.

The award in March was given to Gylfi Sigurðsson after creating countless chances for his teammates – unfortunately they couldn’t return the favour squandering countless chances against Watford - and gathering two assists in the month.

League Table

A poor run lately drops us down into ninth place and losing ground on the top six teams above us. It looks like it will be a real battle to get European football next season.

33jo6fq.png

t0t646.jpg

April Update

Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace (McCarthy 36, Giovinco 86)

Tottenham 1-2 Everton (Kane pen 35, Wanyama Red Card 53 : McGinn 19, Vlasic 29)

Everton 2-0 Stoke (Max Red Card 6, Vlasic 43, Tosin 48)

Huddersfield 3-0 Everton (Schindler pen 6, Mounié 14, 62)

Overview

Finally starting to put together a run of form here with three crucial wins out of four matches. The highlight if course needs to be the win away from home against Tottenham at Wembley. Despite the away defeat to Huddersfield we’re still in contention for a Europa League spot for next season.

Star of the Month

Nikola Vlasic is continuing to have a great debut season for us here at Everton and has shown that this month with two goals and an assist from this months four games. He has kept himself in the running for the Players Young Player of the Year in the process.

League Table

Still sitting in eight place going into the final two games of the season and still fighting it out for a place in the Europa League for nest season.

200fqk0.png

6jir1t.jpg

May Update

Everton 2-0 Chelsea (Calvert-Lewin 27, 57)

Bournemouth 1-0 Everton (Surman 33)

Final League Table

kalpw2.png 

End of Season Overview

Overall finishing eight wasn’t a massive surprise considering I was sitting there for most of the entire season. Achieving the boards aim and earning myself a new three year contract in the process. Overall I am pleased with our attacking play scoring sixty-eight goals however conceding sixty-six is unacceptable and this needs to be addressed over the summer months. My home form was phenomenal as seen below, but in comparison away from home we have a major issue coming from somewhere.

72awbd.png

2rfvk0j.png

End of Season Awards 

Player of the Season: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Top Scorer: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (24)

Top Assists: Nikola Vlasic (15)

Signing of the Season: Sebastian Giovinco – 8 goals + 5 assists in 12 games

Aims for Next Season

•  Push for a top six spot and qualify for Europe again
  • Win either the League or FA Cup

33d8uao.png

Transfer Update

Incoming

Definitely felt like I needed to bolster my defense and defensive midfield situation to try and severely cut down on the goals conceded this year.

In this vein we added West Brom defender Jonny Evans for £16,750,000 as he was available on the cheap due to his sides relegation last season and has bags of Premier League experience and European experience having spent twelve year playing for Manchester United.

Sebastian Rode was the next player to move to the club from Borussia Dortmund for a small fee of £3,000,000. The defensive midfielder was deemed surplus to requirements at the Signal Iduna Park. He will battle it out with James McCarthy this year for the spot in defensive midfield.

Pedrag Rajkovic was brought in from Maccabi Tel Aviv for a fee of £6,250,000 to challenge Jordan Pickford for the number one jersey over the next five to ten years.  Thankfully we managed to sign our man as we had to battle it out with AC Milan, Leicester, West Ham and Villarreal for his signature.

The last signing of the season was that of versatile attacking player Marko Pjaca for £8,000,000 from Juventus. Being able to play on either flank or even up front if called upon he was a no brainer to sign for a bargain. Having Nikola Vlasic endorse the move to his international team mate really helped push this move through.

Outgoing

Due to the size of the squad there was a massive exodus from the club including the following players:

Yannick Bolasie to Lyon - £9,750,000 rising to £14,000,000

Morgan Schneiderlin to Lyon - £10,250,000

Cuco Martina to Ipswich - £750,000

Kevin Mirallas to Real Betis - £6,000,000

Muhammed Besic to Minnesota - £3,400,000

Leighton Baines to Newcastle United - £375,000

Sandro to Ipswich - £19,250,000

Loans out of the club this season: Tyias Browning, Jonjoe Kenny, Shani Tarashaj, Oumar Niasse, Davy Klassen, Henry Onyekuru, Brendan Galloway, Matthew Pennington, Ademola Lookman, Mason Holgate, Ramiro Funes Mori

Players leaving on frees: Phil Jagielka, Maarten Stekelenberg, Andrea Pirlo

23 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Your sales are similar to mine :) I'm currently managing Everton too and you can check out my thread if you are interested. Will follow this and keep up the good work mate! 

Yeah I think quite a few people playing as Everton will have similar sales. Thanks for following :) I'll have a look at yours later today.

14 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

What formation are you using? What are your TI's?

I'm interested because a new CB might not fix the problems, especially away form.

I switch it up between a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 normally.

A cb was key as Keane was just woeful 99% of the time.

2dv5suu.jpg

Season 2018-2019

Friendlies

Chemnitzer FC 0-4 Everton (Calvert-Lewin 35, 37, Giovinco 43, Sigurðsson pen 62)

SVW Mannheim 2-5 Everton (Conrad 20, Koep 62 : Calvert-Lewin 9, McGinn 18, Giovinco 38, 54 Vlasic 45+3)

Fortuna Köln 0-2 Everton (Giovinco 35, 44)

Everton 2-0 Sparta Praha (Calvert-Lewin 47, Tosun 72) - Phil Jagielka Testimonial 

Friendlies Overview

Four wins from four and kept three clean sheets, can't ask for much more really.

August Update

Everton 0-1 Man City (B. Silva 49)

Newcastle 1-2 Everton (De Paul 83 : Pjaca 20,  Tosun 45+1)

Everton 2-0 Scunthorpe (Calvert-Lewin 2, Walcott 74) - Carabao Cup 2nd Round

September Update

Everton 2-3 Chelsea (Tosun 18, 52, Max Red Card 86 : Arthur 11, 89, Willian 45+2)

Crystal Palace 1-1 Everton (Pabón 45, Sørloth Red Card 90+2 : Davies 68)

Everton 2-2 West Ham (Giovinco 22, Rode 85 : Snodgrass 34, Hernández 79)

Swansea 0-3 Everton (Calvert-Lewin 54, Giovinco 74, Keane 84) - Carabao Cup 3rd Round

Bournemouth 4-4 Everton (Gradel 21, Defoe 50, Van de Beek 55, Arter 90+2 : Vlasic 11, Giovinco 39, 81, Calvert-Lewin 56)

Overview

Overall I can't fault the lads with their efforts. We've booked a place in the fourth round of the cup with convincing wins over Scunthorpe and Swansea in the earlier rounds. Losing twice in the opening six league games to two of the best squads in England hasn't dampened spirits too much - especially with both games being as close as they are. Three draws in a row however may be a little concerning but at the moment I'm not too worried - but come on, another 4-4 draw with Bournemouth. In the last three matched they hold an aggregate lead over us 9-8.

Star of the Month

August

Marko Pjaca takes the award for August as the summer signing bags a goal and two assists in his first three games for the club. I am hoping for big things from the Croatian and hope Juventus rue the day they let him leave for such a small fee.

September

None other than Sebastian Giovinco. The little Italian from Turin wins the award thanks to a scintillating month in front of goal bagging four goals and two assists in only three games played this month. Could the Italian force his way Maurizio Sarri's Italy squad this season. He is well on his way to becoming a cult here already at the club despite only having joined in January 2018.

League Table

2hi1k6t.png

2rr9bac.jpg

October Update

Burnley 0-1 Everton (Giovinco 88)

Everton 4-1 Southampton (Tosun 41, Evans, 50, 89, Sigurðsson 81 : Ward-Prowse 53)

Arsenal 5-1 Everton (Aubameyang 25, 71, pen 80, 88, Ziyech 77 : Giovinco 15)

Fulham 3-6 Everton (Kamara 18, 51, 88 : Sigurðsson 3, 28, McQueen O.G 27, Rojo 55, Tosun 59, Giovinco 76) - Carabao Cup 4th Round

Overview 

Two wins from three league games was what I had hoped to achieve this month. However to concede four goals in the last twenty minutes away to Arsenal was devastating and unacceptable and I made my players know that.

Progress to the Carabao Cup quarter final was the aim for this season in regards to this cup and we delivered this in a nine goal thriller which will have been one to watch for all neutrals.

Star of the Month

Icelandic star Sigurðsson picked up the award after scoring three goals while laying on a further three goals for his team mates this month. If Gylfi keeps this form up he could shoot us back into European football next season.

League Table

Slap bang in the middle of the league in tenth place. However we have already played three of the top six so we should be able to gain on the teams directly above us.

wjzztj.png

wlruh2.jpg

November Update

Everton 0-1 Liverpool (Davies Red Card 23 : Henderson 73)

Tottenham 1-6 Everton (Heung-Min 63 : Dembélé og 8, Pjaca 9, 37, 45+1, Sigurðsson 12, Giovinco 30)

Everton 1-1 Stoke (Calvert-Lewin 68 : Martins Indi 12)

Overview

One win, one draw and one loss - the definition of an average month. The hammering of Tottenham was a great day for all especially as they will the team I see us most likely dislodging from a top six spot this season.

Star of the Month

With only three games played this month it was an easy decision this month, the award going to Pjaca after managing to bag a hattrick away from home against Tottenham. He continues to show that he should have been given more of a chance to impress at Juventus.

League Table

Dropping down to eleventh is a further step in the wrong direction which has unsurprisingly brought my future into question as we continue to slide into mid table obscurity. Something needs to change and fast. 

1org4k.png

1j6akx.jpg

December Update

Middlesbrough 1-1 Everton (Howson 84 : Vlasic 50)

Everton 2-0 Ipswich (Giovinco 42, 53)

Manchester United 3-1 Everton (Lukaku 10, Evans og 30, Manolas, 61 : Rojo Red Card 60, Giovinco 80)

Derby 0-1 Everton (Giovinco 91 aet) – Carabao Cup Quarter Final

Watford 2-3 Everton (Femenía 49, 77 : Max 3, Calvert-Lewin 27, Sigurðsson 65)

Everton 3-1 Wolves (Giovinco 12, 45+1, Tosun 15 : Afobe 90+2)

Leicester 2-0 Everton (Gray 22, Vardy 35)

Overview

A step in the right direction as our results in the league appear to be picking up a little bit. And we've made it to the Carabao Cup Semi-Finals where we will face Arsenal over two legs for a spot in the final at Wembley.

Star of the Month

Giovinco picks up another award here with an impressive six goals and an assist in seven games this month. He is quickly becoming a fan favourite with his electrifying runs and killer form in front of goal.

League Table

Slowly moving up the table and still in the hunt for a Europa League Place. And with only being six points behind Liverpool can we become the best team in Merseyside this year?

28isylh.png

ivd6jt.jpg

January Transfer Update

There was only one man coming through the doors at Goodison Park this month and it was the signing of Jonathan Calleri from Las Palmas for £18,250,000. The former West Ham man has bagged eight goals in fifteen appearances so far this season so it is hoped he can keep this run up in the Premier League and help us further our push up the table.

igyy4k.jpg

Results

Man City 3-2 Everton (Stones 45+1, Sané 47, 90+2 : Giovinco 42, Calvert-Lewin 90+4)

Everton 3-1 Newcastle (Calleri 1, Sigurðsson 45+1, Garbutt 81 : Gayle 48)

Everton 3-3 Leeds United (McGinn 18, Sigurðsson pen 31, Vlasic 39 : Alioski 28, Forshaw 32, Cooper 54) - FA Cup 3rd Round

Everton 5-0 Arsenal (Tosun 11, 45, 47, Calvert-Lewin 21, Giovinco 24) - Carabao Cup Semi-Final First Leg

Chelsea 4-2 Everton (Morata 60, 63, 83, 86 : Tosun 79, Walcott 90+5)

Leeds United 2-1 Everton (Jansson 44, Vieira 65 : Calleri 72) - FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

West Ham 0-2 Everton (Calleri 57, Vlasic 60)

Arsenal 4-0 Everton (Aubameyang 32, 58, 90+2, Iwobi 82) - Carabao Cup Semi-Final Second Leg

Overview

Again a mixed bag, not much else to say other than we've made it through to the Carabao Cup Final to face Tottenham.

Star of the Month

The Turkish Tosun bagged himself four goals including a hattrick against Arsenal in only three stars this month. He has struggled over the last two seasons for consistency so hopefully this is the start of a change to that.

League Table

5aeyc7.png

drc8k4.jpg

February Update

Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace (Calvert-Lewin 5, Sigurðsson 73)

Everton 4-1 Bournemouth (Keane 55, Calleri 73, 76, Calvert-Lewin 85 : Cook 87, Duncan Red Card 90+3)

Everton 2-1 Burnley (Calvert-Lewin 24, 32 : Arfield 50)

Everton 3-0 Huddersfield (Giovinco 1, Pjaca 31, Sigurðsson 53)

Southampton 0-2 Everton (Targett Red Card 76 : Walcott 85, Tosun 88)

Overview

Finally we have managed to put a run together with five wins from five this month. Having the first four games at Goodison really built up the confidence going through the month and we're finally moving in the right direction.

Star of the Month

Calvert-Lewin has had a quiet season so far compared to last years standards but he seems to be bang in form again with four goals this month in the four matches he played in. This sort of form means an England call-up must be around the corner soon.

League Table

This run has seen us shoot right up the table to fifth just a point behind the last Champions League qualification spot.

seqcz4.png

f3b2f9.jpg

March Update

Tottenham 0-3 Everton ( Walcott 10, Keane 48, Calvert-Lewin 61) - Carabao Cup Final

Everton 1-1 Arsenal (Calvert-Lewin 79 : Torreia 77)

Liverpool 1-0 Everton (Alexander-Arnold Pen 28)

Everton 0-0 Tottenham

Stoke 0-0 Everton

Evertn 4-1 Middlesbrough (Rojo 11, Calleri 37, 81, Sigurðsson 45+2 : Assombalonga 12, Boschilia Red Card 50)

Overview

What a month, we kicked off by picking up the Carabao Cup and with it qualification for the Europa League next season. The form in the league however wasn't the greatest with three draws and a loss. Three clean sheets this month though sees a great improvement from earlier in the season.

Star of the Month

Easily has to be Jordan Pickford this month who recorded a clean sheet in every game he played this month as the rotation in goals meant he missed out in the Arsenal, Liverpool and Middlesbrough games.

League Table

Sitting in seventh place at the moment so the Champions League is still within reach however it may be a step to far with so few games left.

15rm5g9.png

Archived