loaning players post-brexit

i am post brexit in the game, playing as Arsenal. brexit resulted in squad limit on 17 foreign players, with work permits in force. all players already in the country at time of brexit were given 'non-foreign' status.

since then, i am having real problems getting offers from domestic clubs for players on loan. these are good (and sometimes) young players, and even for the good young british ones i struggle to get loan offers. so they wouldnt need work permit etc. i am receiving plenty of loan offers from clubs based abroad but i would rather loan domestically so the player works towards english second nationality and therefore no longer a foreigner (after 5 years!)

is this a known thing? is there some impact of brexit i am not understanding that resulted in this happening?

I have a different Brexit option, however part of my  strategy focuses on youth development so I loan out a lot. in my experience the majority of offers are from abroad, presumably because the league standard is lower ergo said players better match the league level than they do higher British leagues. 

however they may be a restriction on loans for lower leagues and nationality may come into that, check the league rules tap under work permits and loans. it could be that there eligible for you but not the lower league team. personally I have lots of issues with work permits, for the youth prospects I pick up from Brazil and Argentina. however, I loan them to Spanish clubs as it takes 730 days to gain nationality ergo easier work permit application even in a post Brexit world, I've got world class players really cheaply and effetely doing this. 

one way you could avoid your problem  if there is a restriction for lower leagues is to develop an official partnership then loaning them to affiliates may avoid some of the paper work. I have affiliates in Spain for this reason, and if a Spanish club doesn't want to loan I can then just send him to an affiliate anyway. 

On 19/01/2018 at 19:56, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I'm pretty sure the non-FGN status for existing players only applies for their existing contract, so whilst the player is non-FGN for you for a team loaning him he likely counts as FGN.

Would you recommend putting foreign players who might not get work permit after brexit on 5 year deals before brexit officially kicks in then ?

6 hours ago, Hoodmatty said:

Would you recommend putting foreign players who might not get work permit after brexit on 5 year deals before brexit officially kicks in then ?

If they are in your long term plans then yes or at least long enough for them to pick up a British passport (though they may wait to pick up a passport until they are subject to the new rules but time occurred under the old rules still counts) downside is you have a player tied to a long contract that you may not need in a couple of seasons and might be stuck with them.

Archived