BREAKTHROUGH With Creating Nations?

msobs

Hi all,

I have been intruiged by the possibility of creating new nations(without replacing old ones) on the Football Manager Editor. I recently learned that it is possible to add new local regions in the editor if you edit the extracted "comp editor" file from steamapps -> common -> Football Manager 2018 -> data, by replacing "<boolean id="allow_add" value="false" />" with "<boolean id="allow_add" value="true" />" in the "<!-- local region table -->". However, doing this same action under "<!-- nation table -->" does not produce the same results.

So my question is: Why is it possible to add new local regions in the editor, but not new nations, and additionally, can this be remedied in any way?

Blocked by editor? Does it mean you have to change both the line mentioned above and a line in one of the UI xmls?

In a similar way I have been looking at adding ethnicity as as an editable field for nation. Adding the category as a nation tab was easy, but after that no luck yet.

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Blocked by editor? Does it mean you have to change both the line mentioned above and a line in one of the UI xmls?

In a similar way I have been looking at adding ethnicity as as an editable field for nation. Adding the category as a nation tab was easy, but after that no luck yet.

You could look into unlocking "person name" because I've seen in previous editors that "ethnicity" is one of the fields there. I have tried myself but without success. 

Edited by Fredrik

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

You could look into unlocking "person name" because I've seen in previous editors that "ethnicity" is one of the fields there. I have tried myself but without success. 

That's where I have been sniffing around, but no luck yet.

• 2 years later...

On 17/12/2017 at 05:05, Wolf_pd said:

I know that I'm in the future, but have you gotten anywhere with this? Am trying to enable the addition of local regions/nations (and possibly continents) and came across this. Very interesting idea by the way

On 16/12/2017 at 21:00, krlenjushka said:

no but you can overwrite old nations. i think pre1922 ireland is best option but i dont add nations often so...

This or CIS both work, but that is the better IIRC

On 01/03/2020 at 03:36, tensleepslav said:

I know that I'm in the future, but have you gotten anywhere with this? Am trying to enable the addition of local regions/nations (and possibly continents) and came across this. Very interesting idea by the way

Nope, didn't get any workable result

6 hours ago, lossehelin said:

have you tried to edit CIS nation?

This or pre-1922 Ireland are the best.

Ive got a pre-edited downloadable on my Lincs and Cambs thread that saves the need to do it yourself.